Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Ok.
    Thoughts on last night's episode?

I liked it.
    But I will say, if it doesn't turn out that Zoey (?) has more to her than the ability to fuck people to death, that is pretty lame.
    Based on the way TV shows usually go, she will end up being the new Supreme for her generation.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seems like this season is going to have a little less horror and a lot more drama. Of course it is an almost all female cast....

JK....

kinda.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This season has been pretty good. I am a little surprised that no one is talking about it. I wish Nan was going to be the new supreme but of course they will make it Zoey.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

This season has been okay, nothing special. I am still waiting for the "Oh shit! This is amazing!" feeling of the first season, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

I don't get what they are trying to do with Kathy Bates' character though. She's this horrible, horrible person but in the present-day storyline they almost make her sympathetic. Eh.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm enjoying what they're doing with the Kathy Bates character, pulling her out of the 1800s and plunking her down in modern day, where her worst traits now seem ludicrous, and she's starting to understand for herself what a terrible person she was. I hope we see a lot more of Lily Rabe's character now that she's sticking her nose into the coven's affairs. You never know what you're going to get with this series.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I too love the Lily Rabe character!

And loving Kathy Bates as she rests on a pedestal - LOL!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I am loving this season. I like Kathy Bates in anything she's in, and she's great in this role. I like the layers of conflict the writers have added - it makes things interesting.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm loving this season. It took a few episodes to get going, but it's on a role now. Still not as good as season 1, in my opinion, but way above season 2. It sucks that we have to wait a few weeks for it to return.

Also has anyone mentioned this yet, but I heard rumors that next season will have a carnival theme. I hope they go with it, it sounds very intriguing to me.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Ohh! I would love to see them do an evil carnival!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Ohh! I would love to see them do an evil carnival!
    Yeah, baby!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just started Asylum last night and wow. It's even more out there than Season 1. After the first 3 eps., I don't like it as much as the first season, but I'm still really enjoying it. This season still gives me "just one more episode" syndrome, though. I watched until 12:15 last night and had to force myself to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    What I loved about last season was that as the story progressed you found out about all the terrible things that happened in the house. This season almost seems as if it'll be the reverse and have the main story be in the past. Not sure how I feel about that. But maybe I'm wrong. I am really curious to see how it progresses.
    This is interesting to me, too, and I'm looking forward to see how the past and present intertwine. What was your opinion of it after you finished the whole season?

Yeah, I don't think I can get quite as engrossed as I did last season. Probably because it was the first I had seen like it.
    I feel the same way. When I watched the first season, I had never seen anything like it before and was totally blown away, horrified, and intrigued. Asylum, I thought, started out trying to cram too much "weirdness" into the first ep. or two, so I'm hoping they give each storyline the time it needs to develop.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Just started Asylum last night and wow. It's even more out there than Season 1. After the first 3 eps., I don't like it as much as the first season, but I'm still really enjoying it. This season still gives me "just one more episode" syndrome, though. I watched until 12:15 last night and had to force myself to stop.

What I loved about last season was that as the story progressed you found out about all the terrible things that happened in the house. This season almost seems as if it'll be the reverse and have the main story be in the past. Not sure how I feel about that. But maybe I'm wrong. I am really curious to see how it progresses.
    This is interesting to me, too, and I'm looking forward to see how the past and present intertwine. What was your opinion of it after you finished the whole season?

Yeah, I don't think I can get quite as engrossed as I did last season. Probably because it was the first I had seen like it.
    I feel the same way. When I watched the first season, I had never seen anything like it before and was totally blown away, horrified, and intrigued. Asylum, I thought, started out trying to cram too much "weirdness" into the first ep. or two, so I'm hoping they give each storyline the time it needs to develop.
    Well compared to most shows on tv currently it was very good. But compared to the first season it didn't even come close to how amazing I thought the first season was. I loved how the first season interweaved the past and present. As the second season progressed it was pretty linear. I think that was one of it's biggest downfalls for me. Also I'm more a ghost fan than alien fan, so the haunted house story really intrigued me. I'd love to hear what you think of it as you watch more. I'd rank them Season 1, then Coven (took me a bit to warm up to this season, but I love it now), then Asylum.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to agree with the consensus that Asylum was the worst of the three seasons, dare I say it kind of sucked! Season one was great. As many have pointed out the narrative was easier to follow, and still there was a righteous amount of bizarre characters. I happen to have just finished the portion of season three, Coven. It has quickly become my favorite of the three seasons. The women are just fantastic! Ryan Murphy has certainly found his muse on Jessica Lange, who just astounds me with her chameleon-like acting abilities. I can't wait for the second half of the season, and next year!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finished Asylum last night. Overall, I thought it was a great season. I think it would be very hard for me to like any other season more than the perfection of season one, but I really loved the tone of this one.

I didn't really have any problems with the finale like it seems like some of you guys did, although I do wish that the aliens weren't even included in this season. I think it would've been better if Kit was just a patient that claimed he was abducted, rather than go as far as they did with that storyline. I just thought it was unnecessarily confusing and took time and focus away from the more interesting storylines. (After watching the special features, it seemed like the prop/effects dept. didn't even know how prominent the aliens were going to be. The built huge, full-sized aliens (and they looked amazing, and that makes me wish there was at least something more done with them) but didn't know that they'd just be used for quick, out-of-focus shots.)

I absolutely loved Sarah Paulson this season, and would argue that Lana is AHS's most well-developed and compelling character of the first two seasons. I was pretty disappointed with how she ended up acting in the last two episodes, though. But it definitely suited her character.

The devil storyline with Sister Mary Eunice was one of my favorites, but the ending did feel a little lame. I kept thinking Mary Eunice would at least be saved.

Anyway, really fun season. Now I'm itching to watch Coven...and I forgot to set-up a series recording when it started this year.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Check OnDemand, hopefully they're still all up there. I think you're really going to like this one.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm still watching Coven, but I've been increasingly less engaged each season.

Would you rank Coven below Asylum?

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Amused

Ha! Awesome.

Country
    Country Flag

Check OnDemand, hopefully they're still all up there. I think you're really going to like this one.
    I checked last night and they only have a few of the most recent ones.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

That sucks I checked hulu and fx but they're not there. Amazon has them, but they're $2 an ep.

Country
    Country Flag

Man.

I figured that Amazon would have them but by the time you buy a few eps., you might as well just hold out for the DVD. I just checked and I could stream them from Megashare, but I've been spoiled by watching them on our good TV.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Thought that fans of this show would be interested in this......

http://media.paleycenter.org/paleyfest-2014-lineup/
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Best line:

" Is this KNOOOOOOTY PIIIIIINNNE!!!!!!! "

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast