Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 89 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2208

Thread: Collector's Picture Emporium

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Very pretty!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Great pics, Bob and Biomeg!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I Love

Collecting / Reading

Baseball

and Grandkids!

Becky at 4.5 months old!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Dammit I want one of those (Grandkids I mean)
    She's absolutely Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Grandkids!

reality continues to ruin my life

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks - I think so too! :-)

Some pics of my Upstate NY Vacation coming shortly!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

A week ago I spent a Thursday thru Tuesday in Upstate NY. Way upstate, as in 200+ miles north of NY CIty up in the Adirondack Mtns.

Spent a day with a High School friend (I graduated 40 yrs ago) on his wife's uncle's boat on Lake George - up in the pristeen part of the lake, not the southern part which is loaded with tourists!

I also spent a few days on a smaller lake, Glen Lake, staying with my SIL and her husband - had a great time, relaxed a bunch, and even participated in some wild ass tubing! Pics to follow!

Glen Lake - the view from my SIL's "front" yard!

Tubing - nuf said!

Wife and SIL Tubing :-)

Glen Lake - 8am

Glen Lake - 8pm

Glen Lake - Reflections along the shoreline

Glen Lake - the Dock!

Lake George - My friend's wife's Uncle's lake front property at Huletts Landing. Claire's Uncle is 87 and let us use his boat! He is the person at the shore in red. Claire is walking down to see him.

Lake George - Out on the boat.

Lake George - My Best Friend from HS - Brien; we lost track of each other for over 30 years; hooked back up on facebook; ironically his daughter lives 30 minutes from me and he was that close many many times. We now see each other a couple times a year and are always in contact on FB.

Claire - our gracious host - her family owns about $3M of Lake Front property - two pieces of property and a boatload (pun intended) of shoreline! She piloted the boat! Claire and Brien live about 400 yards back - you can see the lake from their back porch in the winter when the leaves have fallen. When asked how close to the lake they are they like to say "We about $1.5M from the lake!" LOL Claire did tell us we could rent her cousin's place for a week for $1,800 - normal fee is $2,300!

Islands on Lake George - great camping - we are setting up a camping trip for next summer - a week on an island in the middle of Lake Goerge - can't wait! Much cheaper than renting Claire's cousin's place - about $200 for the week!

St Mary's on the Lake - this island is owned by the Paulist Fathers; all the islands on the lake are reverting to state control including a few private islands; the owners of these private islands cannot pass the land to their heirs or sell; the island in the pic is the one excpetion; it will ALWAYS be owned by the Paulist fathers.

Our gracious hosts on the lake!

Just decoratng the bow of the boat!

Virgin Shoreline on Lake George - heavily polulated with Rattlesnakes!

The Eye of the Needle - a narrow passageway between to islands

Paradise Bay - camping on islands, but you not allowed to drop anchor in this bay!!! Claire turned off the engine and we just sort of floated around the bay - there were actually about a dozen boats doing the same thing - some with kids swimming off their boat, some fishing! Went to start up and teh battery was dead - I got to thinking what teh hell are we gonna do now. We are in a boat in the bay about 5 miles down the lake from where we started and parked my car! I was the only one with a cell phone as verizon coverage up there sucks - I was just using it to take the pictures. Well claire borrowed it, and made a call to her uncle - phone had one bar and they could barely talke to each other. He told her to pull out the left rear seat to get to the battery and to jiggle the black battery cable and try agin. Dam if it didn't work!

Spoiler:

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great pics and you have a beautiful granddaughter!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome Pics, Bob!!! Sure looks like you had a stellar time of it!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just plain beautiful, Bob!

John

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great photos and descriptions. I'm curious if the government is using the eminent domain rule to purchase these islands or is something else going on.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great vacations pics., Bob! And thanks for sharing!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Gorgeous lake, wow!
    My kind of vacation. How did you like tubing?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Lovely pics, Bob!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

TN - tubing was a lot of fun. I must say that I am not a teriffic swimmer but I did have a life vest on. I have always been nervous when in deep water - obviously in the middle of the lake I was in deep water - and not in control. Hanging onto a tube while someone else determines speed/direction is definitly not in control. When my ride was over - it lasted about 10 - 15 minutes (an eternity) - I felt like I had been on the rack for a few days - I am sure my arms were longer! LOL. Woudl I do it again - sure, it was fun, but again with trepidation! It's that deep water and I don't swim well thing. FYI this lake at its deepest epth is about 65 feet. The other lake pictures (Lake George) - now that lake is much larger and much deeper. It goes down 300 - 400 feet at its deepest.

Spoiler:

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Went up to the top of Pike's Peak a week or so ago; first time for my wife and daughter, second for my son and I. Did a little bit of scrambling up there, found ourselves out on this promontory ... we're 14,100 feet up, and on the other side of this rock it's a looooooonnnnnng way down:

Then this Monday he went back to school (they get out mid-May and go back mid-August here), officially a fourth grader now. We always get him a little gift for first and last day of school, usually a toy or a book. Decided to do something a little different this time:

Yep, that's a big box (made it from his play floor mats). Inside of that is another box, and inside of that another ... you get the picture.

All the way buried down at the center were two envelopes. The first told him to go to Yahoo, and the second gave him his new e-mail address and password (he's pretty psyched to have his own e-mail address). When he opened that, he had the real gift. He has expressed interest in learning coding, so we got him an online App Development for I-Phone and Android course. It's the real deal, he has a year to complete it. It has an intro to coding involved, so if he does well and enjoys it we'll move on from there. Yeah, he's 9.

Got myself a course too, can't let him have all the fun!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the photos, George. That is wonderful that your son has a desire to learn.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's great George, he sure looks happy!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful, George. That's some present!

John

My Mood
    Twisted

Oh yeah bet you were sore the next day but it is a lot of fun
    No matter how deep the water is a life jacket is just good sense.
    Im a good swimmer and deep water doesnt bother me at all but I am also a control freak so for me the most difficult part is trusting someone else to drive. 99% of the time Im the driver pulling the tubers.
    That lake is just amazingly gorgeous - much nicer than the local ones we go to

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    TN - tubing was a lot of fun. I must say that I am not a teriffic swimmer but I did have a life vest on. I have always been nervous when in deep water - obviously in the middle of the lake I was in deep water - and not in control. Hanging onto a tube while someone else determines speed/direction is definitly not in control. When my ride was over - it lasted about 10 - 15 minutes (an eternity) - I felt like I had been on the rack for a few days - I am sure my arms were longer! LOL. Woudl I do it again - sure, it was fun, but again with trepidation! It's that deep water and I don't swim well thing. FYI this lake at its deepest epth is about 65 feet. The other lake pictures (Lake George) - now that lake is much larger and much deeper. It goes down 300 - 400 feet at its deepest.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Both Glen Lake and Lake George are pretty darn clear. I have been to this one bay in Lake George where you can look over the side of the boat and see the fish swimming along the bottom about 18 feet down.

Spoiler:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably not a big deal anywhere but here in the San Francisco Bay Area, but yesterday/today was the grand opening of the new eastern span of the Bay Bridge. This span replaces the seismically unsound old cantilever bridge.
    It is the worlds longest self-anchored suspension span, and cost a whopping $6+ billion dollars!
    Today was the first day the public could drive on it, and also the first day one could bike/walk the new section.
    I drove over in the morning, crossed the new span, stopped at Yurba Buena island, returned, then parked and rode my bicycle to the new tower. It's ~4.2 miles from the base area to the >500 ft. tower.
    It was a stunning day.
    Here are a few images:

SF skyline, the Golden Gate Bridge, and Alcatraz as seen form Yerba Buena:

Tower as seen from vehicle (old span is to the right-it will be dismantled over the next 3 years->$230 million to dismantle-ouch!):

Sloped path up to the tower (steeper than it looks):

The tower itself:

My sweaty face after a 4+ mile uphill ride at 90% exertion:

Beauty shot (not my picture):

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. I saw some shots of the new bridge on the news a couple days ago, but your pics really are nice!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really great how they have a humongous area for bikers, do you pay a toll?.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    Really great how they have a humongous area for bikers, do you pay a toll?.
    No toll for pedestrians or bicyclists. but effectively someone has to pay the $6 billion dollars. Mostorists pay the bulk of the cost.
    Interesting side note. The new east side only goes half way to San Francisco. The other half (older) is not being replaced and it does not have bike nor pedestrian crossings.
    Bicyclists want mortorists to pay the additional ~$500 million dollars (probably will end up being $1 billion) for the pathways to reach all the way to San Francisco. Even without interest the billion dollars over 50 years is $54,000+ dollars PER DAY and there are estimated to be on average 1,000-2,000 people (max) crossing via the pathway.
    We have public transit than can take the person across with or without a bike for $5 each way.
    Point is, someone always wants someone else to pay.
    Boring stuff. Sorry.

My Mood
    Twisted

Great photos.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 89 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast