Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Horror-thon 2011

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh no!!! Really?!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You didn't like it?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I値l be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Watch "The Exorcist" tonight if ya can. We should start a "Movie a day" thing til Halloween!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I just watched that last night!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would, but my work schedule isn't allowing for a movie a day right now.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Oh no!!! Really?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    You didn't like it?
    I thought it was awful. It was extremely campy (which was entertaining for a bit) and alot of the shots and directing came off as trying really hard to be artsy when it just wasn't. And I'm not even sure I understood what was going on in the last 20 minutes. I wish RZ would've stuck more to the family and their craziness rather than being all over the place story-wise. It had the potential to be so much more, I think. I really wanted to like it, but I just didn't.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I think what you hated about it I loved. It was a throwback to all those types of horror films from the 70's and I think he definitely achieved that type of feel. The casting was phenomenal. Sig Haig as Captain Spaulding is one of my favorite characters. Bill Mosely as Otis! And directing wise, I think he did an amazing job. He's easily up near the top, if not my top horror film director. Just look at this scene, I'll spoiler it for those that haven't seen the movie, but it's shot perfectly. One of my favorite scenes from the film. How can you not love it?

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I think what you hated about it I loved. It was a throwback to all those types of horror films from the 70's and I think he definitely achieved that type of feel. The casting was phenomenal. Sig Haig as Captain Spaulding is one of my favorite characters. Bill Mosely as Otis! And directing wise, I think he did an amazing job. He's easily up near the top, if not my top horror film director. Just look at this scene, I'll spoiler it for those that haven't seen the movie, but it's shot perfectly. One of my favorite scenes from the film. How can you not love it?
    I agree, i would say it was the last 30/45 minutes where when i realised I was actually enjoying it, probabley because it goes so far over the top it stops being a horror (imo only) and becomes something else and therefore frees my mind up to enjoy the scenes

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll sum up my response to and feelings about this post with two words...

Marry me?

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll sum up my response to and feelings about this post with two words...

Marry me?

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

*melts*

If you rescue me

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll agree that that was a very, very good scene. Probably my favorite from the film (except for the
    Spoiler:
    excessive 30 second pause before Otis shoots the cop
    ).

I just wish it would've focused on the family more (which I hear The Devils Rejects does). It seems like those who loved HOC hated TDR and vice versa.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Yeah, based on your feelings about the first one, I think you'll enjoy The Devil's Rejects a lot more. I'm definitely more of a fan of the first but I did enjoy the second. But they are pretty different, even though it is a sequel. Let me know if you watch it.

I just watched An American Werewolf in London. Great film. I'm not sure why I waited so long to watch it.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Temporary insanity?

If you rescue me

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I love An American Werewolf in London, no matter how ridiculous it is for someone seriously injured in the north to be driven to a hospital all the way in the south. One of my favourite werewolf transformation scenes in that film. Must watch that again soon.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I love An American Werewolf in London, no matter how ridiculous it is for someone seriously injured in the north to be driven to a hospital all the way in the south. One of my favourite werewolf transformation scenes in that film. Must watch that again soon.
    Excellent choice! I love this movie so much that I still have this on VHS!!!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

We still have a ridiculous amount of movies on vhs... And some on beta too.

If you rescue me

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've still got a ridiculous amount of Who on vhs. Shame that I don't have a vhs player anymore! (Well, almost, if you didn't count for the fact that i've effectively replaced most of my videos with dvds, anyway.)
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, there's quite alot of who on vhs here too.

If you rescue me

Yeah, I have way too much on vhs to replace it all. I just have bins with movies!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, we basically gave up trying to replace them. Alot of them can't be replaced too... Some pretty obscure stuff. It's too costly anyhow.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Ok, so House of 1000 Corpses. What do you guys think? Say, a week to watch, followed by some discussion and some kind of themed game? Viewing window can be expanded if needed.
    Bumping as a reminder. Same movie? New movie? Que pasa?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So far i haven't had time to watch it. I'll try to in the next few days.

If you rescue me

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

The one movie I always look forward to watching this time of year: Halloween.
    Yes, the original. No part 2, no H2O, no remake. Just the original.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast