Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
I will come back to this thread when I finish the book (very soon), so now I've just skimmed WDiL's big post, but it seems he managed to put his finger on what feels wrong with the book. Sorry Bill, I really really wanted to love it (not only because it's King, but because you loved it, too!)
I really appreciate that, Jean, but what can you do? To each his own in the end you just cannot force the issue. To me, this book was like visiting an old friend after many years. I thought that he weaved the story very well with the original, even bringing back (scary) friends to do their evil. I also have to admit that ...

I know the thread is marked, but still "a "spoiler tag" seems appropriate.

Spoiler:
It brought a tear to my eye when old Jack made his cameo!! I admit I have had mixed emotions regarding the Danny/Jack relationship as defined in "Dr. Sleep" While, at least since the SK produced TV version, I have always thought that Danny/SK gave Jack a pass, full redemption that is, a lot of time in Dr. Sleep" Danny/SK seem much more antagonistic towards him except at the end. Mixed emotions I suppose and I doubt I am explaining this quite right. Then again, it is a complicated relationship for sure and probably does not lend itself to "labels".