Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger - The Way Station #1 (of 5)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger - The Way Station #1 (of 5)

DARK TOWER: THE GUNSLINGER - The way station #1 (of 5)
    Plot by ROBIN FURTH
    Written by Peter David
    Pencils & Cover by Laurence Campbell
    Roland’s pursuit of the elusive Man in Black across the endless Mohaine desert becomes even more treacherous when he is attacked by a ravenous pack of desert dogs and vampiric dust devils when he is at his weakest!
    It’s the start of a new chapter in the life of the last gunslinger of Gilead as he struggles to remain alive and achieve his destiny! Don’t miss the wonders of: The Way Station!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

Cover and publication dates to come.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Wow so RF is going more and more into the novel of the Gunslinger. Thanks!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RolandLover View Post
    Wow so RF is going more and more into the novel of the Gunslinger. Thanks!
    Seems like there's a bit of a departure actually considering the 'desert dogs' and 'vampiric dust devils'. I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand I tend to buy the comics for new material, but happening within the time period of the book risks discrepancies.

On the other hand I suppose this could be (don't highlight if you haven't read the last Dark Tower book)
    Spoiler:
    another itteration on the wheel of Ka...

Also I suppose there's plenty that might have happened in the time period of the books that's just not mentioned, time unaccounted for. I'll admit, I'm curious.

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I'm curious as well but after reading the TG The Journey Begins by RF, I'm very iffy on her take of things. I know King approves her work but I didn't like that series at all. I didn't learn any new material. I wish King was writing this stuff himself.

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RolandLover View Post
    I wish King was writing this stuff himself.
    That would have been preferable. That's a great image nocny posted though! I know cowboys, desert and a sunset is a bit of a cliché... but that picture works well.

Country
    Country Flag

Dark Tower Gunslinger Weigh Station #2 is out but I can't seem to find #1

http://www.talesofwonder.com/product...232+%28Of+5%29

Think i might just wait on the HC

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

#1 comes out in December and #2 in January.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh ok thanks!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nocny View Post
    Oh man!!! That's an awesome Illustration!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

WOW are they really gonna come out with the whole series as comics?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

No word yet that they will continue beyond the adaptation of The Gunslinger.

Country
    Country Flag

I kind of hope they do since i would love to see the later books when Roland starts finding the doors. Though my shelves are gonna hate me because I'll run out of room.

IF they are planning on doing the whole Dark Tower series i wonder what they are gonna do when it comes time for Wizard and Glass since that was all ready covered with the Gunslinger born series.

They could handle that in a few panels. Roland tells them a story. Moving on...

Country
    Country Flag

The first issue is not out yet but Tales of Wonder have the covers of issues 2,3,4

Issue 3 http://www.talesofwonder.com/product...233+%28Of+5%29

Issue 4 http://www.talesofwonder.com/product...234+%28Of+5%29

Interesting!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

First issue came out last week. I have it in front of me.

It was good and even Robin Furth's extra at the end didn't seem too bad.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

"when he is attacked by a ravenous pack of desert dogs and vampiric dust devils" *sigh*
    What a bunch of nonsense. As soon as I read that I rolled my eyes.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

For real?

I kinda' haven't read the comics since the first three series of them.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    First issue came out last week. I have it in front of me.

It was good and even Robin Furth's extra at the end didn't seem too bad.
    Where can I order the first issue?

Lots of stores on eBay have it.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm gonna have to make a run to my comic store tomorrow.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

So is this picking up as
    Spoiler:
    another version of Roland's quest for the Tower?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The fifth issue will be published in April and that's the final one. Any word on the 10th (and last?) arc?

Yes, I've spoken to people at Marvel about the final arc, but nothing I can say. No word yet on anything beyond it, though.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't get how they can wrap this up if there is just one more arc to go. I swear if they end without finishing the whole series let alone the first book I'm gonna be pissed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast