Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which two actors/actresses will advance to the next round ?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Richard E. Grant

2 7.41%
  • Cate Blanchett

4 14.81%
  • James McAvoy

0 0%
  • Viggo Mortensen

11 40.74%
  • Ian McKellen

10 37.04%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TGAAOAT - Round 1, Group L

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TGAAOAT - Round 1, Group L

Richard E. Grant's IMDB Page

Notable films : Withnail & I, Dracula, The Age of Innocence, Color Me Kubrick

-----

Cate Blanchett's IMDB Page

Notable films : The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Lord of the Rings (Trilogy), Elizabeth, The Gift, Babel

-----

James McAvoy's IMDB Page

Notable films : Wanted, The Last King of Scotland, Atonement, X-Men : First Class, The Conspirator

-----

Viggo Mortensen's IMDB Page

Notable films : The Lord of the Rings (trilogy), The Road, A History of Violence, Eastern Promises, The Indian Runner

-----

Ian McKellen's IMDB Page

Notable films : Lord of the Rings (trilogy), X-Men, X2, Hamlet, Priest of Love

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh, you are fucking kidding me! Richard E. Grant, whose performance as Withnail is one of my favourite performances in a film ever, up against James McAvoy and Sir Ian McKellan?

I need to think about this...no fuck it, I love Withnail and I too much, and as much as I love the other two, they haven't quite blown me away as much as Grant did in my favourite film ever. Now could Guy Richie get rid of Robert Downey Jr. and cast someone who was physically born for the role of Holmes so I can have some enjoyment out of his films?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Ian Mckellan

i love his voice and the way he acts. I get mesmorised by him

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Sir Ian McKellen !!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My first impulse was to vote for Grant (for the obvious, and very significant, reason). Which I think I will do in the end.

Cate Blanchett, on the other hand, was admirable in Coffee and Cigarettes - she displayed just the formidable actor's skills I find extremely valuable.

By the way, DD - did you see Coffee and Cigarettes? It isn't really a mastepiece, but totally worth watching.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm having serious, serious doubts. Blanchett is one of my favorite female actresses. Mortensen is one of my favorite actors of the modern era. McKellen is , well, he's freakin Sir Ian McKellen.

Will have to ponder this a bit more ...

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

You'd have even more doubts if you watched Withnail and I feev. Which, considering you haven't mentioned Grant in that list of actors you're having difficulty choosing, I'm guessing you still haven't done yet? Get a move on!

By the way, DD - did you see Coffee and Cigarettes? It isn't really a mastepiece, but totally worth watching
    Actually Jean, I've never heard of it. I'll look it up. Right after I go into town tomorrow and buy both Bridge of the River Kwai and Laurence of Arabia, of course!

- Melike

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Ian Mckellan

i love his voice and the way he acts. I get mesmorised by him
    this
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I love Viggo, but in a category this hard I figured he'd be losing, so I voted him. Surprised to see he's winning. This is a tough crowd.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm torn between Viggo and Cate...
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Watch Withnail & I Heather and you'll be more compelled to make the natural choice!

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh damn you! I love every single person is this round. I don't think I an make an actual decision....or else, I'll wait until it's almost done, and make my decision based on who is winning....

I don't like this one at all!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, this is the Lord of the Rings category.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Watch Withnail & I Heather and you'll be more compelled to make the natural choice!
    Yes.

Heather and feverish! how long will you remain deaf to our plea?

DD - I've made this natural choice, only to find out that bears have voted for the underdog yet again. Such is their fate.

Back to Coffee and Cigarettes: it's very arthouse, very specific; I didn't really love it as a whole, but I thoroughly enjoyed it - and did love some parts. I am sure you will love at least some of it.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ian McKellen (tie!)

sk

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for Viggo.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I tied it again...Sir Ian

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!"

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Viggo Mortensen and Ian McKellen move on!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread