Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Dome series on CBS

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The plagiarism accusations/implications against King are just dumb, dumb, dumb. This is one (for the reason Bev points out, and for others as well).

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Sucks to be that guy. He actually could make a solid case if he wanted to. King could counter with Cannibals and then things would get messy.
    I am not sure who he could "make a solid case" to. He blogged it. Certainly his argument holds no water to me.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't get your meaning. He isn't even considering anything, all I got from his message that he isn't going to watch the show because it's too painful for him. He isn't accusing King or The Simpsons of ripping him off.

edit: his argument doesn't need to "hold water" with anyone but the fact is that his screenplay is registered with the Writers Guild and there was an actual play. Agents have seen the novel he shopped around. Of all the so-called plagiarisms, this one could get a fighting chance. The guy isn't even saying King stole his idea though, he's just disappointed that his screenplay didn't get picked up and King's with a similar idea did. That's the impression I get and that's why I said it sucks for that guy.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

5 minute countdown...
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the show looked great!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Regarding the plagiarism guy: The thing is the idea of a domed city predates even the 90s, so he wouldn't be the first one either. For example, Clifford Simak's All Flesh is Grass had a similar plot device and that came out in 1965.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

John F. Kennedy RichardHawes is on a distinguished road RichardHawes's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

I thought it looked awesome but some of these changes are a bit off putting...I mean what the hell is with Barbie and the body?

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That cow was one of the single worst effects I have ever seen.

I'm okay with most of the changes, and overall I kinda liked the episode. Not great, but not bad either.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Regarding the plagiarism guy: The thing is the idea of a domed city predates even the 90s, so he wouldn't be the first one either. For example, Clifford Simak's All Flesh is Grass had a similar plot device and that came out in 1965.
    The Bubble aka Fantastic Invasion of Planet Earth. Arch (Lights Out) Oboler 1966.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FYI, I opened a discussion thread under the Fedic Station since this is suppose to be a news thread. If a moderator would prefer that the conversation stay here then feel free to delete the thread.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes this should be reserved for news about the series.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Sucks to be that guy. He actually could make a solid case if he wanted to. King could counter with Cannibals and then things would get messy.
    King discussed his first attempts to write Under the Dome with Doug Winter in The Art of Darkness, first published in 1984, by which time he had also already written The Cannibals.
    I don't have that book but I have Spignesi's which also talks briefly about this. Bev, could you quote, if possible, what it says?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

He's talking about the fact that he couldn't finish anything for a period of about two years after he finished IT except for some shor stories. "Creepshow intervened, of course. But I worked on a book called The Cannibals -- I had started it about five years before, but it was called Under the Dome then. I didn't get finished either time."

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Under the Dome Blows the Roof Off the Place, Most Watched Summer Debut Since 2007

CBS’ Under the Dome was clearly a hit with its Monday night premiere, drawing 13.1 million total people to troubled li’l Chester’s Mill, Home of Rachelle Lefevre’s Hair.
    In the coveted 18-49 demo, the Stephen Kingsian drama series scored a 3.2, likely placing second only to NBC’s coverage of the Stanley Cup finals (which per preliminary numbers is starting off with a sure-to-grow 3.2, plus 8.3 million total viewers).

Under the Dome stands as broadcast TV’s most watched summer premiere since ABC’s The Singing Bee circa 2007 (13.3 mil), and CBS’ most watched summer launch since Big Brother in 2000 (22.3 mil).

In the demo, its CBS’ best summer debut since something called Fire Me Please, in 2005.

Elsewhere, ABC’s The Bachelorette (6.4 mil/1.9) was up 16 percent and two tenths, while Mistresses (3.7 mil/1.1) dipped a tenth versus the Dome. Fox’s penultimate The Goodwin Games (1.6 mil/0.6) was up 14 percent and a tenth.

Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed the first episode. I'm glad they're not doing a straight adaptation. I didn't think it, but now I hope this gets renewed and goes on for a few seasons.

Country
    Country Flag

That's great news about the ratings...but only if they hold up for subsequent episodes. As I remember, the premiere of Kingdom Hospital also got huge ratings, but by the end of that it was being watched by me and about seven other people.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    In the coveted 18-49 demo, the Stephen Kingsian drama series scored a 3.2, likely placing second only to NBC’s coverage of the Stanley Cup finals (which per preliminary numbers is starting off with a sure-to-grow 3.2, plus 8.3 million total viewers).
    These are the two things I was flipping back and forth between last night. I'd flip over to check the score during commercials. Then I missed the game tying AND game winning goals while waiting for the previews for next week's episode.

It wasn't until the 10 o'clock news came on and the anchor started off with "We have some breaking sports news. The Blackhawks have just won the Stanley Cup" that I finally flipped back over to the game.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It's gonna take me a couple of episodes to get over the rewrites of the characters (every single one of them.) I liked the way the dome came down. I wonder if this will still take place within a week or if that's out the door as well. Grrrrr I hate when i can't enjoy an adaption b/c it's different from the book.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you mean do the first 13 episodes happen over a week I can tell you they do not, iirc they said it was like 3-4 weeks. Sorry
    Christine

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    If you mean do the first 13 episodes happen over a week I can tell you they do not, iirc they said it was like 3-4 weeks. Sorry
    I figured as much. It will probably work better that way for this version.

Each episode covers about a day.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I really enjoyed the first episode. I'm glad they're not doing a straight adaptation. I didn't think it, but now I hope this gets renewed and goes on for a few seasons.
    I would agree with you though, I was a little disappointed it didn't have a 2 hr pilot. Small disappointment though. The only problem with them picking it up for additional seasons is that it tends to put what ever ending they have in mind in jeopardy should ratings slide. That is my only issue. Or if they decide to "milk" it too much. I am very excited by the "new" approach and material.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Well Lost was about people stuck on an island even though they eventually did get off it.

Country
    Country Flag

Under the Dome blu-ray is already available for pre-order on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DIHYW0G/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast