Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 356 of 462 FirstFirst ... 256 306 346 354 355 356 357 358 366 406 456 ... LastLast
Results 8,876 to 8,900 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We can (and I will) report the auctions, but on some of them the seller is doing a 24 auction starting on Friday afternoon, perhaps hoping that ebay won't catch him in such a short time.

I just C&P'd the same statement for each item:

Blatantly fake Stephen King signature.
    Buyer also has another ebay I.D: pearwate

Gunslinger Apprentice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mosheprigan View Post
    Another fake done by somebody's cock? looks like a 'circumcised' signature ...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Finders-Keep...-/291636838158
    Reported +1, for all the good it does.....
    REPORTED + 1.
    Hyman Roth - Minister of Foreign Affairs of THE CRIMSON KING

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wouldn't it be better to win the auction, allow him to post it to you through USPS, and then when it arrives in the post, take the package unopened to the Police and report him for mail fraud?

That way we could have him charged with a federal offence...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm getting ill watching people buy these.

eBay won't do anything.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to win the auction, allow him to post it to you through USPS, and then when it arrives in the post, take the package unopened to the Police and report him for mail fraud?

It takes a certain level of evidence of criminality to charge a person. Also the authorities just don't give a shit.

It took a lot to get rid of brennan. Years of selling forgeries and they did nothing. He was finally caught when he bought a book on eBay signed by many but not King and then tried to sell it a month later as "signed" by all including King. It was obviously the same book since the authors had all randomly signed and some had drawn doodles.

King has the ability to issue take down notices. He could even require eBay to vet all "signed" King books through his office. He chooses not to involve himself.

edit: I don't blame King for not wanting to spend any energy fighting these assholes. However I do wish he was willing to delegate the responsibility.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

Hard to prove without somehow having King involved. Even a handwriting expert would have to use a for sure King signed item and then the defendant attorney is going to provide their own handwriting experts saying the "official" King signature doesn't look any more real than the signature in question, so only way is to bug King and have him sign in person since he is alive and blah blah blah. Too high of cost vs reward in the end which is what these types rely on.

Have to make it too costly for Sellerto even bother anymore and really EBay policing is the only way as there is no way to force comments onto the listing unless the seller chooses to post any questions. Would be nice if any questions were auto-posted, so the community could police things, but then it would goof up auctions as people posted lower priced links and whatnot by way of questions.

I think if "blocks" of reporting come in on specific sellers it will get to a human reviewer and that's the only way to stop these specific bulk fraudulent sellers as they come up. EBay must have a human review for a bunch of "reports" in a short amount of time b/c that is going to look like Nudity, Weaponry, etc... At least I think logically that is what kind of thing generates focused reporting in a shorter timeframe and would be something that EBay would need to act on quickly so if we can leverage EBay's logical methodology process to get a human to look at our issue, then might as well try.

I believe if we make an effort focusing on specific bad usernames on ebay, then we can make a difference. The user will give up if every auction keeps getting flagged by 100 people. At least you'd think at some point Ebay would step in and tell us to stop or them to stop. Either way is a better outcome than it stands now in my mind.

EDIT: Just read Brian's post above about King issuing a mandate about his signatures on Ebay. I think that is a GREAT idea to do in addition to constant vigilance in reporting obvious fraudulent listings. His "office" can issue the statement and it's the kind of thing that EBay WILL at least look at b/c of who King is. If WE made it super easy for Stephen King's reps to issue this to EBay then it might happen. Has to be nice and logical and have numerous obvious examples of sold auctions and bad sellers and who better than us to have that almost already done and ready to go right from this very forum? Shows support for King and also is a good thing for everyone from a Karma standpoint. Cannot lump in just questionable one or two time sellers though. ONLY can apply to obvious repeat offenders or will not happen.
    Curt

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

As usual I haven't thought this all the way through but what if ther was a way to force some kind of acknowledgment of this problem by Ebay on a large, public scale? Bloggers and forum posters are only going to go so far. There must be somebody on this site who either knows a major newsreporter type person (CNN, New York Times, Daily Mail) etc. or at least knows a guy who knows a guy. An article on the editorial page, or a CNBC Consumer Report full of "no comments" from Ebay may go a long way to them fixing the problem, or at least bring attention to the buyers that are being scammed.

Anyone here have that kind of pull?
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another Horror story..( not the kind we like)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIGNED-STE...EAAOSwAKxWYYjy

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
    Shocking! And bidding up to Ł52.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
    Shocking! And bidding up to Ł52.
    With as many examples as there are on-line of authentic King sigs, I don't understand why prospective bidders don't take a moment to research their purchase. I'm not suggesting they're responsible for their own victimization, but buyers should be informed and beware enough to at least minimize the chance of it. Anyone bidding on the above auction clearly didn't even take a moment to help themselves; it's frankly kind of hard to sympathize when their interest in aiding themselves is so absent.

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My apologies if this is the wrong thread, but I have an eBay question. Have any of you guys ever canceled a bid on one of your auctions because of zero feedback for the bidder? This bidder just created their account today and has bid on a fairly expensive item of mine, topping bids from a bidder with a great feedback rating.

Country
    Country Flag

Everyone on eBay started sometime.

I wouldn't block a bidder simply because he was new.

If he wins and pays then it's all good. If he wins and doesn't pay then you offer it to the other bidder as a second chance.

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brian. I appreciate the reply :-)

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Everyone on eBay started sometime.

I wouldn't block a bidder simply because he was new.

If he wins and pays then it's all good. If he wins and doesn't pay then you offer it to the other bidder as a second chance.
    Exactly. If your item has bids on it other than ones from the highest bidder, I'm sure other bidders would be happy to have it at a lower price if the winner doesn't pay. Little-to-no risk for you.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on this signed Regulators?

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Thoughts on this signed Regulators?

I vote no good. Too shaky and wrong angle, for starters...
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

No.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the confirmation. I didn't like it either, but wanted to make sure.

Are there days when all of the fake signatures on eBay really bum you out.... or is it just me?

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Are there days when all of the fake signatures on eBay really bum you out.... or is it just me?

Brian
    Yes it sucks. I feel for the collectors who buy them.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    For me there is no difference from day to day. It is just what I have come to expect from eBay. I have been looking at this crap for years.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by terrier91 View Post
    My apologies if this is the wrong thread, but I have an eBay question. Have any of you guys ever canceled a bid on one of your auctions because of zero feedback for the bidder? This bidder just created their account today and has bid on a fairly expensive item of mine, topping bids from a bidder with a great feedback rating.
    Why would you?

I actually had a situation this week where it looks like a buyer with ZERO feedback is not going to pay me, but I would never cancel a bid from someone with zero feedbacks.

If they pay you great, and if not, you relist....or offer it to the 2nd highest bidder.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by terrier91 View Post
    Why would you?

I actually had a situation this week where it looks like a buyer with ZERO feedback is not going to pay me, but I would never cancel a bid from someone with zero feedbacks.

If they pay you great, and if not, you relist....or offer it to the 2nd highest bidder.
    Thanks Rick. The zero feedback bidder ended up getting outbid. I realize that we all started somewhere, just made me a little uneasy as it was an expensive item.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Any chance your ZERO FEEDBACK BUYER'S name starts with "frank"?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 356 of 462 FirstFirst ... 256 306 346 354 355 356 357 358 366 406 456 ... LastLast