Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 350 of 462 FirstFirst ... 250 300 340 348 349 350 351 352 360 400 450 ... LastLast
Results 8,726 to 8,750 of 11537

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reported. That one is truly awful. I hope no one gets fooled by it and gets separated of a ton of money!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Reported. That one is truly awful. I hope no one gets fooled by it and gets separated of a ton of money!

If, El Jefe were here he would approve indeed!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you feel he is infringing on copyrighted material and selling? Just curious of thoughts. Not only the below auction but all his with copied jackets.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...4AAOSw9mFWLW23

Also check his The Stand jacket taken from the S/L.
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Do you feel he is infringing on copyrighted material and selling? Just curious of thoughts. Not only the below auction but all his with copied jackets.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...4AAOSw9mFWLW23

Also check his The Stand jacket taken from the S/L.
    If they are using already printed materials and just cutting and pasting, then no. To me that would be just a craft project. None of these appeal to me.

If they are photocopying or printing the items on a printer then absolutely yes. I hav a feeling this is what they are doing.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It appears that they are using the copyrighted dustjacket art to produce reproduction facsimile dustjackets.

That would definitely be a copyright violation if unauthorized which is likely.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I have concerns about this signed copy of Finders Keepers that was allegedly signed at Bridgton:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGNED-Steph...UAAOSwo6lWPrAd

The ink does not match any of the copies I saw signed at the event.

This seller has listed other dubious signed copies of this title before...as well as some that I felt were legit (like THIS ONE).

In a nutshell.....I believe that some of the signed FK being offerered by this seller are legit....some are forged....best to avoid.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    It appears that they are using the copyrighted dustjacket art to produce reproduction facsimile dustjackets.

That would definitely be a copyright violation if unauthorized which is likely.
    Agreed!

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have concerns about this signed copy of Finders Keepers that was allegedly signed at Bridgton:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGNED-Steph...UAAOSwo6lWPrAd

The ink does not match any of the copies I saw signed at the event.

This seller has listed other dubious signed copies of this title before...as well as some that I felt were legit (like THIS ONE).

In a nutshell.....I believe that some of the signed FK being offerered by this seller are legit....some are forged....best to avoid.
    At one point she had two different signed books listed (they weren't both FKs) that had IDENTICAL signatures. She's reproducing signatures some how or photoshopping her listings. I reported her previously. Definitely one to stay away from.

Gunslinger Apprentice Sovereign is on a distinguished road Sovereign's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

When looking through Abe Books I came across a 1st edition copy of The Stand (1978), marked as new, for only 75$. I contacted the seller and asked if they could confirm the info, and they replied immediately saying they would contact their warehouse. The warehouse confirmed it was as listed. I paid, and the next day I received a tracking number. Here is where I get suspicious;

- Item supposedly shipped on Oct. 29th via USPS 3 day priority
    - Tracking shows shipping label created on Oct. 30th
    - Tracking then says pre-shipment info sent to USPS on the 31st

I checked the mail on Nov. 7th and it was not in. I contacted the seller and they said it was shipped and asked if I want to proceed with a refund, replace, etc, or if I wanted to wait and contact the postal services. I emailed USPS (3-4 business day wait for a response). The seller has an authentic and busy website, hundreds of thousands of Abe sales, a 5 star rating on Abe, and answers all my questions promptly and in detail. Do you think they never shipped the item or someone privately offered more? Does it sound fishy?
    "No two persons ever read the same book." - Edmund Wilson

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    When looking through Abe Books I came across a 1st edition copy of The Stand (1978), marked as new, for only 75$. I contacted the seller and asked if they could confirm the info, and they replied immediately saying they would contact their warehouse. The warehouse confirmed it was as listed. I paid, and the next day I received a tracking number. Here is where I get suspicious;

I checked the mail on Nov. 7th and it was not in. I contacted the seller and they said it was shipped and asked if I want to proceed with a refund, replace, etc, or if I wanted to wait and contact the postal services. I emailed USPS (3-4 business day wait for a response). The seller has an authentic and busy website, hundreds of thousands of Abe sales, a 5 star rating on Abe, and answers all my questions promptly and in detail. Do you think they never shipped the item or someone privately offered more? Does it sound fishy?
    Knowing the USPS, I doubt that the seller was at fault. In my area, at least, delivery is uncertain at best. Sometimes they deliver early, other times very late. The USPS also sometimes does not scan the item as it moves through their system. I had one item that showed a label was created, but no other notice that it was moving along until it was delivered.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Sovereign, Please keep us posted and let us know what eventually happens. You are protected financially through ABE so there is no real concern about that. The question I have is if it is really a first edition or not. Did they confirm the first edition points? (i.e. First Edition stated on copyright page, correct price on dust jacket, correct gutter code). I'm always leery of books located "in the warehouse." I'm going to guess that when you receive the book it will not be a first edition or, if it is, it will not be "as new." Who is the seller?

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Sovereign, Please keep us posted and let us know what eventually happens. You are protected financially through ABE so there is no real concern about that. The question I have is if it is really a first edition or not. Did they confirm the first edition points? (i.e. First Edition stated on copyright page, correct price on dust jacket, correct gutter code). I'm always leery of books located "in the warehouse." I'm going to guess that when you receive the book it will not be a first edition or, if it is, it will not be "as new." Who is the seller?
    Seller is 'ExtremelyReliable', and they have over 7 million books for sale on Abe. I thought that it wouldn't be first edition either, but I figured since I'm protected I'd take a shot. The only hope that it's a first edition comes from the fact that they wanted 75$ for it, and they have non first editions much cheaper. Since it's such a big seller and uses a warehouse, I thought it possible they mistakenly under priced it or didn't know the true value. Fingers crossed!

My Mood
    Relaxed

UPDATE

Today I found my exact item, the one I am supposedly waiting for, relisted for sale with the same inventory code and a higher price. I did some researching and found that the seller uses multiple business names and websites (no clue how he maintains 5 stars), advertises books he doesn't have, attempts to buy books cheaper than he is selling to fill his already placed orders, and if he can't find the book cheaper he pretends there was a shipping error. Finding my relisted item after he claimed he shipped it is 100% fraudulent. Here are some business names to avoid;

-ExtremelyReliable
    -Ergode
    -Fast Media

Filed a dispute via Paypal, and immediately escalated it for Paypal review. I have no interest in negotiating with a scammer. Luckily I have lots of evidence (photos of my item, and my relisted item) and a history of malpractice exactly like mine from the Better Business Bureau. I'll get my money back, but it still makes my blood boil!!!!

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Seems to be a lot of issues with ABE Sellers recently. Glad I haven't had any yet! (knock on wood)

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Wow. Seems to be a lot of issues with ABE Sellers recently. Glad I haven't had any yet! (knock on wood)
    The same guy sells on eBay and Amazon with tens of thousands of positive feedback. Don't ask me how he has positive feedback on there when all the 3rd party review sites are negative.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When buying from any site; you don't know who you are dealing with until you do.

At least you'll get your money back. We also got a heads up to avoid the guy.

It could have been worse.

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    When buying from any site; you don't know who you are dealing with until you do.

At least you'll get your money back. We also got a heads up to avoid the guy.

It could have been worse.
    I opened a Paypal dispute and immediately escalated it without contacting the seller directly (I have no interest in talking to a scammer), and an hour later I get a tracking notification saying the item was accepted at the post office. Now I don't know what to expect. Obviously they were lying about the book and about it being shipped on Oct 28th, because it was just accepted Nov. 9th, but what on earth are they sending and why? I already asked for a refund, so why send the book after I asked? Maybe it's just a box of anthrax, because I did tear in to the seller pretty good

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever is coming I think we all know it won't be a true first edition of The Stand in "as new" condition for $75. It would be nice if that is what you received but that is not realistic. My guess is a later printing of the Doubleday edition. Unscrupulous (or sometimes just stupid) sellers often advertise them as first editions and omit the "later printing" from their descriptions.

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Whatever is coming I think we all know it won't be a true first edition of The Stand in "as new" condition for $75. It would be nice if that is what you received but that is not realistic. My guess is a later printing of the Doubleday edition. Unscrupulous (or sometimes just stupid) sellers often advertise them as first editions and omit the "later printing" from their descriptions.
    I'm with you on that. The date was listed as 1978, but who knows with this seller.

Country
    Country Flag

I think Bob nailed it. It's likely a first edition, later printing.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

There's a part of me that's got to admire the "Hey, this is probably crap, but go ahead and bid" attitude!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111821633614

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    There's a part of me that's got to admire the "Hey, this is probably crap, but go ahead and bid" attitude!

Hah! There's this one too! And NO COA or Authenticated!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post

It's like they put no effort into forging the signature.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

no effort in the signature, but they put some thought into the inscription!

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

no effort in the signature, but they put some thought into the inscription!
    I think that's even more sad. Gives us more writing to tell us it's fake, and it means they were confident in their King writing impersonation :p

+ Reply to Thread
Page 350 of 462 FirstFirst ... 250 300 340 348 349 350 351 352 360 400 450 ... LastLast