Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 175 of 188 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Euphoria on HBO. I cannot take my eyes of this show. Wow. Anyone else watching this?!?!
    It's one of those shows I've heard nothing but good things about, but that I haven't been compelled to look into just yet.
    The use of music and cinematography really sets the tone of this show!! 9/10 for sure
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started season two of Ozark - very promising so far.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window

I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time. Loved it!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

I watched the first episode and I can't quite tell if it's supposed to be serious or a parody. Or a mix of both?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

I watched the first episode and I can't quite tell if it's supposed to be serious or a parody. Or a mix of both?
    It's a parody (Of movies like Gone Girl, The Girl on the Train and The Woman in the Window which I guess it does help if you've seen at least one of those) but one of the most clever I've seen. The episodes get more and more ridiculous as it goes along but it's also a good mystery as well.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It was awkward but we enjoyed it, it got better as it went along.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the first episode last night and got a kick out of her talking to her dead daughter. "How do I keep forgetting about that?" It's so true in those kinds of movies.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

It's a parody (Of movies like Gone Girl, The Girl on the Train and The Woman in the Window which I guess it does help if you've seen at least one of those) but one of the most clever I've seen. The episodes get more and more ridiculous as it goes along but it's also a good mystery as well.
    I'm almost sold on the name of the show alone - parodying the long titles of streaming shows we've seen lately.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reacher on Amazon Prime is sooo good!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I really liked it and Alan Ritchson does a very good job in his role. He fits the size too. He is also in that not so good DC Titans show.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I finished watching Elementary last night with the missus. Back when it was announced, I was extremely skeptical, as it initially seemed to be an easy cash in on the success of Sherlock. However, after seeing how successful it was - and after Sherlock became a victim of its own success by the end - I was eager for a different take on Holmes and Watson. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised. It never quite reached the highs of Sherlock, but it didn’t reach the lows, either. A consistently solid “case of the week” series, and an interesting take on Holmes in its own right. I was pleased to be proven wrong with this one.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I really liked it and Alan Ritchson does a very good job in his role. He fits the size too. He is also in that not so good DC Titans show.
    Yeah, I enjoyed it as well. Ritchson made me forget, Tom Cruise in the role. Maybe this will give you some insight into my thoughts and preferences when I ask, EUPHORIA, WTF is up with this show? Does it have any point at all?

Seems like just random "Days in the Life" of the main characters who, by the way, wear way too much make-up so as to appear like drag queens and cry an awful lot. That is when they're not fucking anything that moves!! LOL If this show is representative of the youth today I don't have much hope for the future of our species!! LOL LOL

I have a rule that I give a show 3 episodes and that was all I could take. There just didn't seem to be a point to the show and the dream dance sequences didn't even seem to fit the context. Yet the critics rave about this show. Likely due to fer of being "cancelled" if they utter a disparaging word! lol lol Anyone else watch this show?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I finished watching Elementary last night with the missus. Back when it was announced, I was extremely skeptical, as it initially seemed to be an easy cash in on the success of Sherlock. However, after seeing how successful it was - and after Sherlock became a victim of its own success by the end - I was eager for a different take on Holmes and Watson. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised. It never quite reached the highs of Sherlock, but it didn’t reach the lows, either. A consistently solid “case of the week” series, and an interesting take on Holmes in its own right. I was pleased to be proven wrong with this one.
    I watched Elementary from the beginning and initially expected it to fall flat (I find most American network dramas to be too flat and "networky"), but I ended up really liking it (including the end, which was fitting, smart, and good). Like other good Sherlock Holmes adaptations/interpretations, Elementary put its own stamp on things, and the weekly cases, overarching storylines, and character development all worked well.

While Lucy Liu's Watson was great and Jonny Lee Miller had a great off-putting presence (key for a good Sherlock), the great casting didn't stop there; supporting actors/actresses/characters were notably good as well: Aidan Quinn as Captain Gregson; Jon Michael Hill as Marcus Bell; John Noble as Morland Holmes; Rhys Ifans as Mycroft Holmes; Natalie Dormer as Moriarty; and James Frain as Odin Reichenbach.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Country
    Country Flag

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I watched Elementary from the beginning and initially expected it to fall flat (I find most American network dramas to be too flat and "networky"), but I ended up really liking it (including the end, which was fitting, smart, and good). Like other good Sherlock Holmes adaptations/interpretations, Elementary put its own stamp on things, and the weekly cases, overarching storylines, and character development all worked well.

While Lucy Liu's Watson was great and Jonny Lee Miller had a great off-putting presence (key for a good Sherlock), the great casting didn't stop there; supporting actors/actresses/characters were notably good as well: Aidan Quinn as Captain Gregson; Jon Michael Hill as Marcus Bell; John Noble as Morland Holmes; Rhys Ifans as Mycroft Holmes; Natalie Dormer as Moriarty; and James Frain as Odin Reichenbach.
    Yes, the casting was extremely strong. I thought the whole ensemble team worked rather well, and even a lot of the guest casting was consistently solid (as a fan of The Sopranos and The Wire, it was great to see a ton of familiar faces from those shows). Of the past twenty years, Elementary is probably my third favourite take on Holmes, something that still surprises me.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Peacemaker, Righteous Gemstones AND Euphoria are our fav shows right now. Crave is killing it... (it shows stuff from HBO and Showtime, etc in Canada)
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm halfway through Archive 81 -- enjoying it as it messes with my head.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Just started this one, only a couple episodes in but it looks like it will be good!
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    Just started this one, only a couple episodes in but it looks like it will be good!
    I finished that up a few weeks ago. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

FROM launches tonight on Epix -- I've seen the first four episodes and I'm seriously hooked. Stars Harold Perrineau from LOST.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

From does look interesting.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

FROM launches tonight on Epix -- I've seen the first four episodes and I'm seriously hooked. Stars Harold Perrineau from LOST.
    It does look very interesting.
    I'm watching Peacemaker and I feel DC with their rated R adaptations are very good. I'm enjoying this first, then From.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 175 of 188 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 ... LastLast