Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap!!!

Hybrid View

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default 2011 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap!!!

Are we ready for some football????

Welcome to the 2011 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest. We are doing things a little different this year, so pay close attention. It will require you to register with ESPN, but I promise you that the benefits will be great! Those benefits include:
    • Our own private group, just for DarkTower.org members
    • Easy “one click” picking
    • Accurate math (yes, that’s a bonus for me too!)
    • Instant standing updates as the games are finished
    • Pick or change games right up to the seconds before kickoff
    • If you miss morning games, you can still pick afternoon games without penalty
    • Optional email reminders so you never miss a game!
    • One thread on DarkTower.org should be able to handle the contest all year, including our friendly banter!

There are a few pitfalls, but I think we can work through them and continue with our friendly discussions, playful bantering and the occasional eating of crow here at DT.org.

I tried ESPN’s Pigskin Pickem last year and it worked well. And, in all honesty, this will also make things a lot easier on me. If it doesn’t go as well as I hope, we can always revert back to the old way next year.

How to Play

1. It’s really simple. Click on the following link and it should take you to our group “Palaver Gunslingers.” If you don’t have an ESPN profile, you’ll have to set one up. If you joined in on the March Madness contest earlier this year, that profile will work. In fact, as a bonus to joining us in the Pigskin picks, you’ll be able to compete in other contests such as March Madness and College Bowl Mania (you might even win a trophy!).

Group link for the 2011 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest: http://games.espn.go.com/pigskin-pic...&entryID=21103

Password: roland (all lower case) - please do not share this with any non-members of this site.

If you have questions on how to set things up in our group, post your questions here and we'll try and help you out.

2. The contest will begin with Week One. Only one entry per person in our group and it must be identifiable to me as a member on this board or you can PM me with your ESPN handle. Once the season has started you cannot move or add a second entry. This also means that any latecomers will not be able to join, so please get in early. Picks for week one can actually be made now!

3. Each week, I will post the standings in this thread so we can easily see where everyone stands. This will keep us neatly in one thread and admin no longer has to archive weekly threads—we’ll just keep stringing things along here. Maybe we can even earn a "sticky" status if we play nice.

4. As with previous years, my intention is that the contest will continue through the Super Bowl, but since ESPN ends at the regular season, we’ll handle that post-season internally.

5. Top prizes will be awarded as always: First, Second, and Third Places. We will assess the viability of a Last Place Winner trophy, based on how effectively I can determine if a player has actually picked every game (as opposed to missing picks) and sucked honestly.

Here is a sample of a few of the trophies given out over the last five years:

Thanks!!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in! - ESPN handle is EL Squared

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I joined.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in... Screwed up my name.
    Should just be "Cook"
    Can you please edit to remove bottom feeder names
    Thanks

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Should just be "Cook"
    Thanks
    This may not be possible, but don't panic. As long as you only use one entry, we should be okay. The other will simply remain at "0" through the season. I'm not sure why ESPN won't let you or I delete and entry, but so far I've had no luck.

Thanks!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Should just be "Cook"
    Thanks
    I removed that entry from the group, though it still may be a valid entry outside of the group.

Looking good all!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like fun. I went ahead and signed up using the name..copefiend2 1

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

QBarnes22 in the house

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! We're getting some new blood!

If you want to change your entry name to reflect your name here (optional), just click on your entry and next to your name you can "Edit Entry Info" and then "Name Your Entry."

This is also where you'll make week one picks.

Cheers!

Bill

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Awesome! We're getting some new blood!

If you want to change your entry name to reflect your name here (optional), just click on your entry and next to your name you can "Edit Entry Info" and then "Name Your Entry."

This is also where you'll make week one picks.

Cheers!

Bill
    Thanks for the tutorial. I changed my entry name to match my forum tag.

Gunslinger Apprentice iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical

iowabob1954 is on the bus.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Already a ESPN member for 5 years, sooo.... joined
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Nevermind. Pistolero JB is the name. It just wouldn't work when I tried signing in with FB.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Nevermind. Pistolero JB is the name. It just wouldn't work when I tried signing in with FB.
    Good to know you got in. I have never tried with FB, but saw the option. Now we know, I guess.

Bill

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I can't join ESPN for some reason. It keeps kicking me back to square one. I'll try again later, I tried 5 times and now i'm just getting pissed.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in!

GUNZUP4LIFE = Browning's Childe
    Sloth Love Chunk

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Dammit! Why are all of mine names taken?
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be in again! I'll register shortly.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

bethany.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Did my picks already:0
    BTW garrell2112448 (if it needed to be said, no other Garrell's around)
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

I know this should go without saying, but I need to say it....no books are awarded as trophies, regardless of what is in my "artistic" trophy pictures!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    I know this should go without saying, but I need to say it....no books are awarded as trophies, regardless of what is in my "artistic" trophy pictures!
    Too late, The Gunslinger is mine
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in "merlin1958" now excatly how do I make week 1 picks?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Click on the link in the first post here to get to our group. Find your name on the list and click on it. The games will be listed. Be sure to click the Submit Picks button when you're done.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    weakly
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast