Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 567 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 160 560 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 14174

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    So for the Talisman S/L theres the regular limitation copies signed by King and Straub, and then theres an additional limitation of 70 copies signed by King, Straub and 10 artists. Do I have that right?
    Yes. As for how much more, Tomas at Stephen King Collector lists the 1/1,200 as $800-$1,000, and the Presentation copy as $1,100-$1,600.

It actually appears there are 70 Numbered, and potentially 70 Lettered "Presentation Copies".
    I own lettered BB of one of the Presentation Copies

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Attached Images

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It sure is an "interesting" display of penmanship.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you mean the BB or all the signatures

It really is a B next to a B. If it's not B's I don't know what it is.

I sent a picture to Robert some time ago to see if he could verify lettered editions.

I never got a response.

When I won the book on Ebay it was sold as BB. I paid $800 for it. Being a collector of artist work this fit into my collection very well.

I'm not sure of the value or if I got a good deal but I'm happy.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

I paid $800 for it.

I think you got a really good deal.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I sent a picture to Robert some time ago to see if he could verify lettered editions.

I never got a response.

When I won the book on Ebay it was sold as BB. I paid $800 for it. Being a collector of artist work this fit into my collection very well.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I meant the BB.
    Can you post a higher resolution picture of just the "BB"?

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I never got a response.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I meant the BB.
    Can you post a higher resolution picture of just the "BB"?
    My wife has the Nikon with her. She gets back Friday. I'll take a nice closeup.

hehehe...I've always tried to figure the penmanship myself. Can't blame Karen, she wasn't at DMG at the time of The Talisman printing.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, the lettering/numbering was a bit dodgy. I have Letter Y purchased from Stu at Bett's exactly 5 years ago for $1500. Not a great picture, but...

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've got a S/L Salem's Lot on the way (very excited!)... just trying to figure out how much space to clear on the shelf. What are the dimensions of this book? I know its big... but how much bigger than the 1/600 gift ed?

Also... I recall some discussion (I think it was Ralph) about specially sized brodart for the book itself... or something along those lines.... help?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

H: 13.75" D: 9.80" W: 3.2"

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jerome. And thank god for adjustable shelves!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've got a S/L Salem's Lot on the way (very excited!)... just trying to figure out how much space to clear on the shelf. What are the dimensions of this book? I know its big... but how much bigger than the 1/600 gift ed?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! What a beautiful book
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for that Mr. RT! So its essentially the same size, just thicker. Right?

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Guys... I have a quick question and figured someone minght be able to help me.

I have been buying, selling and collecting Stephen King books for alot of years. This question doesn't really pertain to SK books but books in general I guess. I have recently come across a couple nice first editions that have dust jacket protectors that are actually adhered to the jacket. They don't come off.

I have never run across this before and wanted to know if it would potentially hurt the value of a book if this is the case. The jackets are in excellent condition but I have never seen or found a book with a jacket protector that was not able to be slipped off.

Does anyone have any experience with this and is it a problem ...or no ??

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe that to be correct.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher View Post
    Hi Guys... I have a quick question and figured someone minght be able to help me.

I have been buying, selling and collecting Stephen King books for alot of years. This question doesn't really pertain to SK books but books in general I guess. I have recently come across a couple nice first editions that have dust jacket protectors that are actually adhered to the jacket. They don't come off.

I have never run across this before and wanted to know if it would potentially hurt the value of a book if this is the case. The jackets are in excellent condition but I have never seen or found a book with a jacket protector that was not able to be slipped off.

I don't have any first hand knowledge about this type of dust jacket protector but I can tell you that, as a collector, it definitely hurts the value of the book. I don't think I would ever consider adding such a book to my collection unless it was really, really scarce and even then.....no.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

J-u-n-k

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The books are almost the same in height (we could quibble over 1/4", but yes)-however-the "Gift" non S/L when placed in the traycase sold by Tomas @ Stephen King Collector is actually ~15" in height, presuming you need a little space to insert it to a shelf.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think most collectors here might (upon close examination), have a high grade book with a DJ that has "too much adherence". However, the greater the degree of adherence, the potentially lower value of the book. Most books value are dictated by the condition of-or presence of the dustjacket.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have recently come across a couple nice first editions that have dust jacket protectors that are actually adhered to the jacket. They don't come off.

This sounds like a couple of library books I have. That's how they protect them. It drops the value quite a lot.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the info...I knew it probably wasn't a good thing...but not quite sure just how bad...lol

Its nothing super special. A first printing of The Stand but the dust jacket looks to be in exceptional condition...probably because of the adhered protector. There are no indications whatsoever of being ex-library but you never know. Oh well....depending on the price..I minght just pick it up for myself anyway. Thanks for the help !!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah that will affect the value significantly. Like driving the car out of the dealers parking lot.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got a Question about a UK 1st of Tommyknockers I was thinking about getting.

When asked it it had the price on the flap, this is the response I got:

"No price on dust jacket ( Often British hardcovers have no price since they export to Australia etc and let book dealers add the price with stickers). THIS IS NOT A BOOK CLUB EDITION"

Does this make sense or no?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, that's a true comment. Editions with a priced dust jacket are more desireable that those without, but the lack of a price on a UK edition usually means it was an "export" edition. I've got a few in my collection.

John

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanks Jhanic
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 567 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 160 560 ... LastLast