Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 567 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 14171

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I have another question to the collectors here on publication date on a certain book.

On Dolores Clairborne book, copyright is 1993. So it is also stated on The Collector's page and Hutch's website. However, I have another collector who tells me that Dolores Clairborne is actually published in 1992 and there is a record that it was a bestseller in 1992. And then there is this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolores_Claiborne

(Note the Nov 1992 publication date)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny, Justin Brooks (Primary Bibliography) and I were having a discussion about this a month or so ago. I checked my records and I bought my copy of the US Dolores Claiborne in November 1992 at a Waldenbooks, although the copyright page says 1993.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    I have another question to the collectors here on publication date on a certain book.

On Dolores Clairborne book, copyright is 1993. So it is also stated on The Collector's page and Hutch's website. However, I have another collector who tells me that Dolores Clairborne is actually published in 1992 and there is a record that it was a bestseller in 1992. And then there is this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolores_Claiborne

(Note the Nov 1992 publication date)

Both the UK versions (BCA and Hodder & Stoughton) list 1992 on the copyright page. Maybe it is a typographical error on the US copyright page?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I also bought the US DOLORES CLAIBORNE on November 14, 1992. I still have the bookstore receipt.
    According to L.W. Currey the UK boxed edition was published in October 1992.
    According to LOCUS magazine, the trade UK edition was published in February 1993.
    The BOMC edition was released December 1992. I received my copy December 7, 1992.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It is listed as November 1992 in Stephen King Book Release Dates-List

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to check the copyright page of the US proof to see what it says. (I have the feeling, though, that it will say 1993.)

John

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default slight bends on DJ

I got an Under the Dome Limited US version and it has some bends and stuff on the DJ from shipping.

Is there a way to "straighten" them without damaging the DJ? Like (shudder) an iron? Or laying flat with books on it? Holding it above steaming boiling water very briefly then flattening under books? Praying very nicely and dancing around it? I'm will to try anything that won't damage it.

thanks for any advice!!!!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Curt, you might find what you need buried somewhere in this subforum of The Corner. I'm pretty sure Sir_Boomme has written a tutorial on ironing books (but that was most likely only concerned with dust jackets, not the books themselves). Anyway, there's some pretty good info out there...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Hi Curt, you might find what you need buried somewhere in this subforum of The Corner. I'm pretty sure Sir_Boomme has written a tutorial on ironing books (but that was most likely only concerned with dust jackets, not the books themselves). Anyway, there's some pretty good info out there...
    I love it : it sounds so silly
    Must be even better to watch -LOl-
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I received The Stand I posted about. The book is in great shape and I did find T39 on the last page of the story. The book is the same size as the BCE book and that has me worried. I know because I had a BCE before. Was this the standard size back then?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. Doubleday stayed by that size for all King's early books.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Trim size should be 5.75 x 8.5 x 1.9"
    Link to sk.com Identifying First Editions

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, first edition it is!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

What would be a fair price for:

Angst (Misery?) S/L by Phantasia Press?
    how about a signed Different Seasons US proof?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea on the German edition, but I'd say about $400 (retail) for the signed Skeleton Crew proof, of course depending on condition.

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Oooohhh... a signed Different Seasons proof...

Gunslinger Apprentice Resident Chris is on a distinguished road Resident Chris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Price for a numbered "Angst" from Edition Phantasia is between200-300 $.
    For a Roman numbered 250-350$
    My Wishlist: Gift Editions
    Green Mile
    Talisman
    One for the Road
    It Gift Ed.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes,
    200$ - 300$ for a numbered ´Angst´ Edition Phantasia. This is the cheapest Edition Phantasia Stephen King Book

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This MUST have been discussed somewhere before but I couldn't find a thread.

Should I be concerned about storing books on their side vs. on their ends (the way they are traditionally put on a shelf)?

I find myself running out of space so I need to start thinking creatively if I hope to keep adding to the collection.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Should I be concerned about storing books on their side vs. on their ends (the way they are traditionally put on a shelf)?

I find myself running out of space so I need to start thinking creatively if I hope to keep adding to the collection.
    Personally, I think you're fine placing the books either way. Actually, putting them flat would be a much better defense against possible spine lean, page discoloration, etc. Though if you have a nice bookcase away from direct sunlight, I don't think that's an issue.

So if it's about space, I think you're good to display your books either way.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

I have a couple of the larger books (Centipede 'Salem's Lot, My Pretty Pony) and several trade hardcovers stored on their sides. No problems at all. I did notice that the slipcase of My Pretty Pony is not very tight-fitting and when you put stuff on top of it when the book is on its side, it tends to sag inwards a couple of millimeters. But as far as I can see, this is not a permanent thing - the material appears to be sturdy enough and when I put it back upright you don't see anything.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that i've read somewhere that Steve did write something with one of his son.
    Something ELSE than Throttle.

Probably not published. Any idea what it is?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

"The King family and the wicked witch"
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Who exactly wrote it? (thanks for your answer. I thought about it, but then thought it wasnt.. for some reason)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    "The King family and the wicked witch"
    He wrote that for the family but not with a family member. 1977 or somewhere there about.

Here is an interesting link with cool information about his rarer work:

http://www.horrorking.com/rarewrks.html#wickedwt

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 567 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast