Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 319 of 567 FirstFirst ... 219 269 309 317 318 319 320 321 329 369 419 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,975 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Gunslinger Apprentice BrighterDeathNow will become famous soon enough

Maroon boards.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Any idea how much Desperation Proof goes for ?
    I had to be fst so I bought it - $40

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Desperation-...vip=true&rt=nc

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You offered $10 to your unsuspecting friend for a 1st/1st of The Gunslinger? Am I missing something, or are you using the term, "friend," loosely?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    You offered $10 to your unsuspecting friend for a 1st/1st of The Gunslinger? Am I missing something, or are you using the term, "friend," loosely?
    I thought that, and then thought about wanting to be friends with both of them on FB to offer the guy his $70 asking price for the lot... Hey, he ain't my friend lol

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha ha!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I honestly wasn't expecting him to accept. Yes, it may seem like a "dick move" but he still owes me for the paddling I got (because of him) from the principal in the 3rd Grade. And for all I know, the book could be in absolutely horrible condition. I can't tell much at all from his photo.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say you're even then. But if he wants to double his money, I'll offer him $20 as soon as you post his FB link...

I'll be sure to put up some photos of the book, no matter how bruised and battered it may be, as soon as I get it home.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully no personal bookplates. Good luck!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I assume that Night Shift is not a 1st edition as well? Or would he not take the additional $5 you offered him?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I assume that Night Shift is not a 1st edition as well? Or would he not take the additional $5 you offered him?
    I don't know if it is or not. I'll have to take a look at it. What are the telltale signs of it being a 1st? I don't know anything about the older King books.

I better take an additional $5.....you know, just in case.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrighterDeathNow View Post
    I don't know if it is or not. I'll have to take a look at it. What are the telltale signs of it being a 1st? I don't know anything about the older King books.

"Issued with a dustjacket and price of $8.95. On the copyright page you will see the words First Edition, and on the inner margin of page 336 you'll find code S52."
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrighterDeathNow View Post

It looks to be too tall - the 1/1 Night Shift is a shorter trim size

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Good spot Eric! I was judging it by the Stand, but you are right, both are too tall based in the height of the later books.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure the Night Shift is not a first. It's the wrong size.

John

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Interesting, usually when I'm trying to avoid BCEs I'm trying to avoid books that are too short. Now I also have to avoid books that are too tall. Never knew that.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The first five Doubleday books (Carrie through Night Shift) are all the smaller size for the first editions. There are some BCE editions/later printings that are the same smaller size too however.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Interesting, usually when I'm trying to avoid BCEs I'm trying to avoid books that are too short. Now I also have to avoid books that are too tall. Never knew that.
    In most cases BCE's are smaller, but in this case the BCE is bigger. Just the vagaries of collecting.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice uturn83 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Cheerful

Not sure if this is the proper thread to ask, but I ended up with an extra copy of Cell HB, and comparing the two as to which one to keep, I noticed that the shoe on the spine is noticeably bigger on one. Quick search didnt yield anything- mean anything?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by uturn83 View Post
    Not sure if this is the proper thread to ask, but I ended up with an extra copy of Cell HB, and comparing the two as to which one to keep, I noticed that the shoe on the spine is noticeably bigger on one. Quick search didnt yield anything- mean anything?
    It is definitely the proper thread. I don't have the answer, though, as all three copies in my collection have identical appearing spines. Could you post a picture of the two spines together?

Also, are there any other differences? Price on the inner flap of the dust jacket? Number line on the copyright page? Any notation that one copy might be a book club edition?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The catalogue is your friend - see here for more info

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good post by you (here) and Needful in the other thread. The shoe size makes it very easy to spot the difference.

The catalogue is your friend - see here for more info

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Catalogue is the first place I look these days. A fantastic wealth of knowledge, built by Collectors for Collectors.

Gunslinger Apprentice uturn83 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Cheerful

Thanks! I had looked at that page, but hadn't noticed the 'discussion' tab So no reason to hang onto the BC one?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I had looked at that page, but hadn't noticed the 'discussion' tab So no reason to hang onto the BC one?
    As a collectible it holds no value.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 319 of 567 FirstFirst ... 219 269 309 317 318 319 320 321 329 369 419 ... LastLast