Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 567 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 338 339 340 341 342 350 390 440 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fun fact: LOTR is second only to the Bible in worldwide book sales.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    That is an amazing fact... that 100% true Bill? wow...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've also read that.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    That is an amazing fact... that 100% true Bill? wow...

It was at the time I read it, It may have changed since, but as far as I know it is 100% true.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Wikipedia suggests the highest selling novel is A Tale of Two Cities by Dickens but it is Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_books

Then I found this which suggests Don Quixote is the highest selling

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.c...ers.htm#page=0

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Wikipedia suggests the highest selling novel is A Tale of Two Cities by Dickens but it is Wikipedia

Then I found this which suggests Don Quixote is the highest selling

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.c...ers.htm#page=0
    It may have been at one particular time, but still, it's up there and TDT is no where to be seen. Not that I don't love TDT, just saying is all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

LOTR was published a hundred years later and still ranks second on the list.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

And "The Hobbit" is right there too!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

True but what's your point? There was a lot less people and a lot less publishers back then as well which makes it an even greater accomplishment that A Tale of Two Cities is number 1 or 2 depending on which list you look at, but then again it has had more time to circulate and get published in various editions however, when I got to the bookstore there is an entire section devoted to the different editions of LotR and The Hobbit but not that many copies of A Tale of Two Cities so I guess it is all relative, Anyway LotR is a cultural phenomenon that we may never see the likes of again, Incidentally does anyone know what Stephen King's highest selling book is?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

True but what's your point? There was a lot less people and a lot less publishers back then as well which makes it an even greater accomplishment that A Tale of Two Cities is number 1 or 2 depending on which list you look at, but then again it has had more time to circulate and get published in various editions however, when I got to the bookstore there is an entire section devoted to the different editions of LotR and The Hobbit but not that many copies of A Tale of Two Cities so I guess it is all relative, Anyway LotR is a cultural phenomenon that we may never see the likes of again, Incidentally does anyone know what Stephen King's highest selling book is?
    Wow!! I never would have thought, but apparently as far as a single book goes, King is not even in the running...

Who would have thought? TDT comes in at $30 million for a series.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

He is on a list of the highest-selling authors, just behind Dean Koontz actually but I suppose no one book of his has really out sold any of the others, (4 billion Agatha Christie novels in the world and I haven't read one of them yet, jeez)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...iction_authors

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He is on a list of the highest-selling authors, just behind Dean Koontz actually but I suppose no one book of his has really out sold any of the others, (4 billion Agatha Christie novels in the world and I haven't read one of them yet, jeez)

That's a pretty interesting list. Just looking at some of the more contemporary authors on an average per book basis, the order changes a little:

J. K. Rowling 40.9 million
    Dan Brown 33.3 million
    Stephenie Meyer 19.3 million
    Dr. Seuss 11.4 million
    John Grisham 11.4 million
    J. R. R. Tolkien 6.9 million
    Danielle Steel 6.7 million
    Stephen King 5.0 million
    Dean Koontz 4.4 million
    Anne Rice 3.7 million
    James Patterson 2.8 million
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd is a fantastic book; definitely the best murder mystery I've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd is a fantastic book; definitely the best murder mystery I've ever read.
    Thank you for the tip, I will definitely try to read it soon!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

My point is that TOTC has had an additional 100 years of sales. (Don Quixote has had even more time.) There were actually a lot more publishers back then and no television. While there were fewer people those generations must be added to those alive today and so the total number of possible book purchasers is far greater.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

This is about highest sales not necessarily Better sales, if LotR was published the same year as AToTC, it would probably have out performed it by now but it wasn't, as is AToTC is a higher selling novel than LotR, Perhaps LotR is a Better selling novel but that is a different story

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Incidentally does anyone know what Stephen King's highest selling book is?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, but if you want the complete set of LotR books you need to buy three volumes of books versus one Dickens.

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Incidentally does anyone know what Stephen King's highest selling book is?
    The '78 or '90 version or do they count as the same in terms of sales?

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Yes, but if you want the complete set of LotR books you need to buy three volumes of books versus one Dickens.
    that is a good point as well, the list does not specify

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Back on topic about Stephen King Collecting Questions.
    There are other sections of the forum where each and every King book is discussed, other authors are discussed, and these type of issues can be debated.
    Take at look at Cara Laughs, Dutch Hill, Gilead, and The Baronies.

Gunslinger Apprentice Citizen of Lud is on a distinguished road Citizen of Lud's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are the Desperation Gift Editions numbered?
    Looking For
    Dark Tower III through VII LSOE S/L or AE #1208
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen of Lud View Post
    No.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen of Lud View Post
    No.

Gunslinger Apprentice Citizen of Lud is on a distinguished road Citizen of Lud's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks
    Looking For
    Dark Tower III through VII LSOE S/L or AE #1208
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 567 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 338 339 340 341 342 350 390 440 ... LastLast