Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 356 of 567 FirstFirst ... 256 306 346 354 355 356 357 358 366 406 456 ... LastLast
Results 8,876 to 8,900 of 14172

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, a very good question. The story goes that when they released the 1/1 trade edition of the book, demand was so high that the publisher contacted the BCE publisher and forced 10K or so, I'm guesstimating, copies of the BCE and passed them off as 1/1 editions. However, the publisher placed a "sticker" on those books for the price, I believe it was "$8.95"at the time. Now, these BCE had all the 1/1 indicators, First edition, gutter code, etc but had the publishers sticker price tag. I myself have one that I think is pretty freaking cool. Perhaps, what you are looking at is a variation of that episode in publishing. I can't be sure. Visit my collection thread and see for yourself as I have one and had it signed by, King at the RBR event. I think it is a very cool item, but that is just me.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I am still looking for

signed

The Talisman
    Mr. Mercedes
    The DArk Half
    Stand Complete Uncut
    COTW

all my others are signed. so I am thinking of putting a sticker only on the unsigned ones. that say "unsigned by the Author"

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out where to put 'Signed by the Author' stickers on some of my books. Do they look better on the spine, where you can see it better on the bookshelf, or on the front of the book?
    I put some both on the front, and on the spine (because I want to know which ones are signed, whever I look at the shelf. Not just guessing)...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks like a copy from the Stephen King book club not the smaller book club version. The Stephen King club books, if I remember correctly, are all standard size, but no price.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out where to put 'Signed by the Author' stickers on some of my books. Do they look better on the spine, where you can see it better on the bookshelf, or on the front of the book?
    I put some both on the front, and on the spine (because I want to know which ones are signed, whever I look at the shelf. Not just guessing)...
    you need an app...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes I do!! Can't wait to get it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the information. I've never heard of the 'Stephen King club books'. I also forgot to add that the gutter code in this book reads 'MP1Z'. What does this gutter code mean?

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Please don't give up on the Android development! Us non-IOS users would love to have this!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not in Remarque books business (yet...) so I have a question that may sound silly...

Does a value of a book increase with Remarque made NOT by the original illustrated artist or by artist that is not related to King at all ?

Edit : I should ask - Increase/decrease

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    I'm not in Remarque books business (yet...) so I have a question that may sound silly...

Does a value of a book increase with Remarque made NOT by the original illustrated artist or by artist that is not related to King at all ?
    Personally I would not even buy a book with a remarque by an artist that had nothing to do with the art in the book. I am dead set against it as probably others... to me, this devalues the book A LOT. It would be like writing your name in the book when you didn't write it... just taboo in my eyes.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's in the eye of the collector. I, personally, don't care for remarques. I consider them no different than if the owner of a book scribbled his name inside. Others love them, no matter where they are.

Edit: that's hilarious. We had almost the same post.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

To echo Webstar and Skyofcrack, it usually comes down to personal preference. I have several remarqued gift editions or books also signed by King, that were done by the artist associated with the book. While certain artists can do some exceptional remarques, if they weren't the original artist, I wouldn't be interested in them.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Why would anyone want a drawing by someone not connected with the book? Might as well get your kids to draw pictures on it!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all for your responses - that's what I thought as well - just wanted to be sure

Stupid question, but what about doing a poll regarding :
    - if people here would be interested
    - what OS they have?
    Dude, That's not a nice response to someone who is not smart like you

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all for your thoughts and opinions - that's what I thought as well - just wanted to be sure

- what OS they have?
    I think, Jeremy was posting regarding the "app" not your query regarding "remarques". FWIW I would tend towards remarques done by the original illustrator and I feel they do increase the book's value. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Thank you all for your thoughts and opinions - that's what I thought as well - just wanted to be sure

- what OS they have?
    I think, Jeremy was posting regarding the "app" not your query regarding "remarques". FWIW I would tend towards remarques done by the original illustrator and I feel they do increase the book's value. JMHO
    Indeed, I got mixed with the other thread, but also because I saw this comment in this thread :
    "Please don't give up on the Android development! Us non-IOS users would love to have this!"

Soz.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Please don't give up on the Android development! Us non-IOS users would love to have this!
    Android will happen - don't worry
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

- what OS they have?
    Indeed, I got mixed with the other thread.
    Soz.
    No problem. My apology on the comment

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

- what OS they have?
    Indeed, I got mixed with the other thread.
    Soz.
    No problem. My apology on the comment
    Holiday magic!!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cordial Jim View Post
    Thank you for the information. I've never heard of the 'Stephen King club books'. I also forgot to add that the gutter code in this book reads 'MP1Z'. What does this gutter code mean?
    Definitely a BCE, likely a later printing. There is a thread about the Doubleday gutter codes. http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...er-code-theory People aren't as interested in BCE gutter codes so information is lacking in that area.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool, thanks Brian. I don't think I've ever seen a gutter code on a BCE. Still, it's a great copy (near perfect condition) and it's so much better than the smaller BCE. It looks nice next to my large-size BCE of The Dead Zone and my BCE's of 'Salem's Lot, The Shining and The Stand. Hey, you can't tell the difference when they are sitting on the shelf, and the text is same, right. Maybe someday, when the kids are all off on their own (or paying me rent), I'll get some 1st/1st's of those early books. I'd love to have them.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

With regards to remarques done by artists not originally involved, there are exceptions to the rule. The work done by Rachel Readman in the HF book items has been both phenomenal and well received by the members here. It has always added considerable value to the books (more than I have been able to afford so far anyway!)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    With regards to remarques done by artists not originally involved, there are exceptions to the rule. The work done by Rachel Readman in the HF book items has been both phenomenal and well received by the members here. It has always added considerable value to the books (more than I have been able to afford so far anyway!)
    Great point Simon. I totally agree with you... however I think our love of all things Rachel might cloud judgement. On the open market I would fear the case may not be so...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    All charity auctions are exceptions. I know people who have paid tens of thousands for an item that is usually bought for hundreds.

If the "Winner" tried to sell it later, they would only get "market value", unless it was for charity again.

Country
    Country Flag

In France, you can deduct parts your charity donations of your income tax.
    I believe that you can deduct 75% of your donation of your tax, in a limit of 20% of your income, or something like this.
    This is obviously for encouraging people to donate to charities.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 356 of 567 FirstFirst ... 256 306 346 354 355 356 357 358 366 406 456 ... LastLast