Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 567 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's say you're making a list of Stephen King US First Editions, from start to finish ...

Would you include Nightmares In The Sky? What about the Secretary Of Dreams 1 and 2? What about Creepshow? Would you include Dolan's Cadillac (if so, which edition?), New Lieutenant's Rap, The three Plant volumes? Six Stories? Would the editions only available in Signed/Limited versions be considered First Editions? I don't need to technical like "Well, the London Edition wasthe true world first!" Just ... A list of First Editions ... What do you think?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

They are all 1st editions but not all 1st trade editions (which is what most people think of when they talk about '1st editions'). Does that help?

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The list of 1st edition as per The Collectors website is what I consider to be 1st Editions. But in saying that, I've added 1st Green Mile hardback, Storm of The Century, & Cycle of the Warewolf to the list of 1st trade editions I want...

Probably doesn't really help with your question sorry...

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Let's say you're making a list of Stephen King US First Editions, from start to finish ...

Would you include Nightmares In The Sky? What about the Secretary Of Dreams 1 and 2? What about Creepshow? Would you include Dolan's Cadillac (if so, which edition?), New Lieutenant's Rap, The three Plant volumes? Six Stories? Would the editions only available in Signed/Limited versions be considered First Editions? I don't need to technical like "Well, the London Edition wasthe true world first!" Just ... A list of First Editions ... What do you think?
    Everything you've listed can be considered a first edition. For some, they were also the only edition. Once you start talking about trades you have to include the print run as well if you wish to have a true first edition/first printing. Some S/L editions preceded the trade edition to market, some didn't. It takes a little research if you're looking for "true" first editions, but if that doesn't matter then I would consider the S/L edition and the trade edition to be separate "first" editions.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't forget Proofs, ARCs, Galleys, etc. All released prior to "First" editions, and can thus be considered true first editions (yes, yes, I know, semantics ... just saying it to throw a wrench into the discussion).
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by George at Ramstein View Post
    Don't forget Proofs, ARCs, Galleys, etc. All released prior to "First" editions, and can thus be considered true first editions (yes, yes, I know, semantics ... just saying it to throw a wrench into the discussion).
    I do not consider those first editions at all. They are pre-release and often are not the same content as exists in the first editions.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

And what is with...Stephen King NOT US World first editions?

ES - IT publisher Edition Phantasia - world first and limited
    Der Buick - From A Buick publisher Ullstein - world first

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post

They are not in English, so don't count.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post

They are not in English, so don't count.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I finally bought some King first editions today and the seller sent an invoice for $28 standard mail for 2 books. FUCK THAT! I should've asked for a quote before bidding and that's my fault but I never would've guessed he'd charge $28. I'm having this sent to someone stateside or at least priority.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"They are not in English, so don't count."

lol very funny.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"They are not in English, so don't count."

lol very funny.
    The comment wasn't in Deutsch, Arabic, Farsi, Espanol etc.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The comment wasn't in Deutsch
    Dutch, Jerome...or maybe you mean German??

sk

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think when he meant Dutch he would have said "Nederlands". (Did he know ?!)

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post

Everything you've listed can be considered a first edition. For some, they were also the only edition. Once you start talking about trades you have to include the print run as well if you wish to have a true first edition/first printing. Some S/L editions preceded the trade edition to market, some didn't. It takes a little research if you're looking for "true" first editions, but if that doesn't matter then I would consider the S/L edition and the trade edition to be separate "first" editions.
    I'm with Ric. I have the entire collection of King Trade Editions and all of them are 1st EDITION / 1st PRINT (with the exception of 'Salem's). My S/L's are looked at separately and kept on a different shelf! As for ARC's, I've got a few but I consider those a completely different part of my collection as well!

I guess it simply comes down to collector preference on how they chose to form their collection and what's important.....

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just found a "copy of the original typed manuscript that features Mr. King's hand written changes, corrections, and notes to himself"
    Is this kind of stuff worthless cause you donīt know how many copies they made or ?
    Betts has something similar listed : My Pretty Pony Knopf Whitney 1989 US - Proof photocopy of manuscript - called proof copy Unsigned Fine $750 , is this overpriced ?
    Donīt know what to think cause these are "just" copies.

Thanks in advance

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by olverts View Post
    Just found a "copy of the original typed manuscript that features Mr. King's hand written changes, corrections, and notes to himself"
    Is this kind of stuff worthless cause you donīt know how many copies they made or ?
    Betts has something similar listed : My Pretty Pony Knopf Whitney 1989 US - Proof photocopy of manuscript - called proof copy Unsigned Fine $750 , is this overpriced ?
    Donīt know what to think cause these are "just" copies.

Thanks in advance
    I do think the My Pretty Pony "proof photocopy or manuscript" is overpriced at $750. I remember when it was offered on ABE many years ago. I was really into proofs (still am) and inquired about it. Got some photos. IIRC it was just a photocopy of the manuscript and someone had written "proof" at the top. I may be mistaken on this but that is what I think I remember. I also remember being surprised that Chris bought it. Having said that, it is still the only copy of the manuscript that I have seen, so who knows what it is really worth?

Here is a short essay on the present day difficulties and hazards of manuscript collecting. The word processor has really changed things.

http://www.raresf.com/bnews.html#collect

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Good essay by Levin....other than manuscripts with clear changes from the published draft, or author-handwritten corrections, it seems questionable what manuscripts would be worth collecting.

But, it's not like someone's going to take the time to type and print an entire book....so many would be connected to the book in some way, though not sure how that translates to value or collectability.

I actually have a DT VIII proofreader's copy...and there are errors caught in this draft that do not appear in Grant's published edition...but I'm not sure I'd call it a manuscript, and I would have no idea about value.

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info . Interesting reading but i think i pass on this one (itīs bad enough i collect proofs)
    Hereīs the manuscript copy if anyone is interested : http://www.overlookconnection.com/ca...pt-p-2268.html

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by olverts View Post
    Thanks for the info . Interesting reading but i think i pass on this one (itīs bad enough i collect proofs)
    Hereīs the manuscript copy if anyone is interested : http://www.overlookconnection.com/ca...pt-p-2268.html
    If the "handwritten corrections" were sort of numerous, it might be interesting reading, even if it is a copy...basically, you'd be paying $125 for some additional information. But, definitley not any sort of investment, and I'm not sure how insightful these comments would even be.

Gunslinger Apprentice cgallagh44 is on a distinguished road cgallagh44's Avatar

Default The Stephen King Story by George Beahm Deluxe Signed Edition

I just picked up a copy of "The Stephen King Story by George Beahm Deluxe Signed Edition" for $80.00 (original eBay asking price was $150.00)...do you think I paid too much for this item?

Link

Thanks for your comments
    WANTED: FIRST EDITIONS
    1. Carrie
    2. Dark Tower The Gunslinger
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

If you have any extra copies and would like to sell please PM me. Thanks

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

If you are happy with the price you paid, then its worth that.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My first dumb collectors question: Is it still a "collection" if you don't have any signed/numbered/too expensive for me books?

Gunslinger Apprentice cgallagh44 is on a distinguished road cgallagh44's Avatar

I think it is...
    WANTED: FIRST EDITIONS
    1. Carrie
    2. Dark Tower The Gunslinger
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

If you have any extra copies and would like to sell please PM me. Thanks

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That would be nice. A lot of my older King books are from the old Doubleday book club......hangs head in shame...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 567 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast