Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 249 of 567 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 299 349 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,225 of 14174

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely no idea, Rusty! Very odd.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like to clearly see the gutter code.

Gunslinger Apprentice Captain Hollister will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe its the first book club edition.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I would like to clearly see the gutter code.

the last photo is pretty clear, if you double click it you can open it up in its own window, and then magnify it even more....it clearly says S52.

i was thnking the same thing about book club....maybe they used first edition run books for book club editions, just deleted the first edition statement from the title page

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I still do not clearly see the gutter code. BTAIM, if the CR page doesn't state "First Edition", it fails the test.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I still do not clearly see the gutter code. BTAIM, if the CR page doesn't state "First Edition", it fails the test.
    You have to scroll down. There is a sixth picture below the first row that clearly shows it. Regardless it isn't a first edition.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe there was a story that told of a run on the 1/1 at books stores. So much so that the publisher "Converted" BCE's into retail copies. They had the gutter code and the DJ had a sticker price tag. Supposedly they were all run off at the same time. I forget if the BCE's chosen for this had the stated "First Edition" or not. I also know that this "story" has been contested here before. So FWIW that may be one of those alleged copies.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I found an early PB movie tie-in copy of Psycho and it smells like cigarette smoke. Does anyone know a good way to minimize the smell? or is just letting it air-out the best way?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Perfect, thanks RF!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

My goal once upon a time was to collect every English language version of PSYCHO in existence. But this is as far as I got on the paperbacks:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    My goal once upon a time was to collect every English language version of PSYCHO in existence. But this is as far as I got on the paperbacks
    I take it you like it.
    I've not yet read it, it's next on my reading list when I finish with Carrie. I got reading copies of the three Psycho books. Psycho is one of my favorite movies so my expectations are high.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

In the movie HITCHCOCK, Anthony Hopkins is shown reading a mint 1st edition of PSYCHO with absolutely no regard as to keeping the book in F/F shape. Original price $2.95. Looking at my far less than fine copy makes me cringe when I see that, even though I'm sure the book is just a prop. It's a good read, but I think Bloch reached his peak novel-wise with NIGHT OF THE RIPPER.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

In the movie HITCHCOCK, Anthony Hopkins is shown reading a mint 1st edition of PSYCHO with absolutely no regard as to keeping the book in F/F shape. Original price $2.95. Looking at my far less than fine copy makes me cringe when I see that, even though I'm sure the book is just a prop. It's a good read, but I think Bloch reached his peak novel-wise with NIGHT OF THE RIPPER.
    You learn something new everyday on this site!!! Thanks for sharing, guys!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My goal once upon a time was to collect every English language version of PSYCHO in existence. But this is as far as I got on the paperbacks:

Holy Crap - that's a whole asylum chockablock full of Psycho's - awesome
    We all float down here!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I bought one of those UK paperback sets of UNDER THE DOME with the five different covers recently from Betts. Can anyone help me remember the details....like how many sets were done? I know one of the covers is only available in the set and I think it is the one of the boy on the far left in the picture. Can someone help me with the specifics? Thanks.

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I bought one of those UK paperback sets of UNDER THE DOME with the five different covers recently from Betts. Can anyone help me remember the details....like how many sets were done? I know one of the covers is only available in the set and I think it is the one of the boy on the far left in the picture. Can someone help me with the specifics? Thanks.

100 sets were produced is my understanding..
    Wanted:
    DT1 Gunslinger S/L #96
    Any DT or DT related books #96

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

And the one with the boy was only available in the set.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bob,
    Lilja's got a few different posts about the set on his site.
    http://www.liljas-library.com/section.php?id=54

The copy with the fifth cover was printed in a limited print run and will not be resupplied.

Tesco.com who are selling the fifth cover are also offering the opportunity to purchase all 5 covers in one shrink wrap set. This comes with 5 postcards (based on the 5 covers) in an envelope. There are only 100 of these sets, so they are also considered a limited edition

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, guys! That is the information I was looking for.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My set is still in the shrink wrap. I usually remove the shrink wrap immediately on a book, but for some reason I just don't want to remove this one.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    My set is still in the shrink wrap. I usually remove the shrink wrap immediately on a book, but for some reason I just don't want to remove this one.

John

LOL Remove the wrap!!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking of getting The Dark Man from Overlook Connection as they come with a free signed plate from Chadbourne but I've heard mixed things about them here. Is there anything I should be aware of?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I'm thinking of getting The Dark Man from Overlook Connection as they come with a free signed plate from Chadbourne but I've heard mixed things about them here. Is there anything I should be aware of?
    Sorry to say that, Dave has "delivery" issues. I was waiting two years for Comic HC slipcases and finally had to cancel. He's a real nice guy, but his business is not "Up to par"(?) Very sorry to say. He is a real nice guy and I hate to bad mouth him, but he left no choice.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    It retailed for £39.95 but until recently, it was still available at Tesco for £27.97

+ Reply to Thread
Page 249 of 567 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 299 349 ... LastLast