Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 242 of 567 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 240 241 242 243 244 252 292 342 ... LastLast
Results 6,026 to 6,050 of 14174

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been wondering about something for a little while. When I see a book for sale and it's signed, I take a look and if I see that it's personalized "Bill, all the best.....SK" (or whatever name), I just forget about it. Does this matter to anyone else? Maybe if the personalization included my name (I might be thrilled) but since it usually doesn't I don't even consider it. I figure it's personal for someone else but doesn't mean anything to me. Does anyone collect these regardless of the name?

EDIT: I just noticed a collection thread where a couple books have personalized inscriptions dated on my first birthday. That would be cool to have if they were personalized with my name. Darnit.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a book or two that is inscribed (not to me). Overall, they don't move me unless there is some historical tie in.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I brought this up elsewhere with Bev Vincent, but would you consider Ghost Brothers of Darkland County a Stephen King book?

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Can anyone who is using the Collectorz.com book collection software show me a few examples of what data you have entered for your books? It looks like you can do a lot of customization, but it would help me a lot if I can see what others are doing and use that as a jumping off point. Thanks.
    I can help......I use it.

PM sent

Ralph
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd consider it a collaboration like The Talisman.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I brought this up elsewhere with Bev Vincent, but would you consider Ghost Brothers of Darkland County a Stephen King book?

John

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I need to thin out my bookcase by storing some books in semi permanent storage.

Can anyone send me some links to good book storing bins (plastic okay? or ???) and also maybe a link to the paper or bubble wrap rolls I should buy? I assume there is a dark tower "recommended" process.

Thanks!!!
    curt

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Curt, check out this thread in the Tutorials sub-forum:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...s-Country-Move
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

thx, I thought maybe there was a brand that people knew to use..or not to use of any wrapping. I would hate to wrap it and then unwrap it years from now and have it be ruined b/c of using the wrong wrapping.

I guess I should use a brodart cover and then use the bubble wrap, plastic bin storage technique.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    thx, I thought maybe there was a brand that people knew to use..or not to use of any wrapping. I would hate to wrap it and then unwrap it years from now and have it be ruined b/c of using the wrong wrapping.

I guess I should use a brodart cover and then use the bubble wrap, plastic bin storage technique.
    That sounds good, though you may want to make sure the bins are not clear to guard against possible sunlight fading?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

:tp:

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post

I went to my local comic shop and bought various sizes of archival bags for comics and magazines and newspapers. Those worked great for my books. Once in the bags, then I used bubble wrap. Going forward I would only use plastic tubs for peace of mind, but I had originally packed mine in boxes where they stayed for three years. I posted a photo in the bookcases thread fairly recently. I was happy with the sturdy tubs I bought at Home Depot ( like Bill said, go non-clear). Just the right size to hold various sized books and have a good load without overdoing the weight.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

thx everyone. great ideas and i'm going to follow all of your advice!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can anyone who is using the Collectorz.com book collection software show me a few examples of what data you have entered for your books? It looks like you can do a lot of customization, but it would help me a lot if I can see what others are doing and use that as a jumping off point. Thanks.
    I planned to use that software. Started the trial... and stuck with my excel file. THe only thing is that i dont have covers in my excel, but.. c'est la vie.
    I guess that if i wanted i could add links to the covers
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Or you could embed images in the file with the entry.

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I planned to use that software. Started the trial... and stuck with my excel file. THe only thing is that i dont have covers in my excel, but.. c'est la vie.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post

In excel? How easy will that be to then work on the file, sort differently the entries, etc etc?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Try this, sorting may mess it up but if it's done correctly you may be able to make it work.
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8044758AAH0qpE

In excel? How easy will that be to then work on the file, sort differently the entries, etc etc?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Embedding the pictures in the Excel spreadsheet makes for an EXTREMELY large file. That could be a problem.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, if you use this option, resize your images so they're not larger than needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Embedding the pictures in the Excel spreadsheet makes for an EXTREMELY large file. That could be a problem.
    John

Country
    Country Flag

Try this, sorting may mess it up but if it's done correctly you may be able to make it work.
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8044758AAH0qpE

I take note of that and will try later on

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

When I see a book for sale and it's signed, I take a look and if I see that it's personalized...Does anyone collect these regardless of the name?
    I will collect them if they're dated year of publication especially if dated same day as publication (thats always a yahoo for me) and/or if the inscription is unique or unusual. If its just the cookie cutter "To...Best Wishes.." then Im not really interested unless its a very hard one to find signed.
    reality continues to ruin my life

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    When I see a book for sale and it's signed, I take a look and if I see that it's personalized...Does anyone collect these regardless of the name?
    I will collect them if they're dated year of publication especially if dated same day as publication (thats always a yahoo for me) and/or if the inscription is unique or unusual. If its just the cookie cutter "To...Best Wishes.." then Im not really interested unless its a very hard one to find signed.
    I only buy them if they happen to be inscribed to my name or the name of a family member. I think I have two total from SK, and one from Neil Gaiman, that fit this bill.

On a side note, I moved the recent discussion on dustjacket protectors into this thread in the Tutorials sub-forum: HOW TO: Protective Covers For Your Books

Gunslinger Apprentice hyraxia will become famous soon enough hyraxia's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally, the more words the better for me. Though I do find collectors of more modern fiction prefer to have no name. I find a growing market for later editions, especially limited and / or signed later editions too.
    www.hyraxia.com - Specialist sellers of Speculative Fiction Modern First Editions.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    I only buy them if they happen to be inscribed to my name or the name of a family member. I think I have two total from SK, and one from Neil Gaiman, that fit this bill.

On a side note, I moved the recent discussion on dustjacket protectors into this thread in the Tutorials sub-forum: HOW TO: Protective Covers For Your Books

If anyone notices a book signed to a "Jeremy", please let me know. But the odds are extremely low i guess :p

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Would anybody happen to know if the dustjacket for "Cycle of the Werewolf" (1st ed hardcover) has a publishers printed price on the inside? & is there a numberline?
    Thanks

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Would anybody happen to know if the dustjacket for "Cycle of the Werewolf" (1st ed hardcover) has a publishers printed price on the inside? & is there a numberline?
    Thanks

Nope! No number line, no price.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

A copy of THE REGULATORS published by Viking? I thought Viking only published DESPERATION and Dutton published THE REGULATORS! WTF is going on here?

Canadian collectors will know the answer. Apparently Viking did publish DESPERATION in Canada. And this is the Canadian edition. It has a price of $32.99 on the inner dj flap but you really have to look close to find any other differences that distinguish this as originating in Canada.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 242 of 567 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 240 241 242 243 244 252 292 342 ... LastLast