Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 351 of 567 FirstFirst ... 251 301 341 349 350 351 352 353 361 401 451 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,775 of 14171

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JackPoint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Rage. Find one in NF condition. It will likely double in 5 years.
    I have the UK first edition, the yellow cover, in NF-/VG+ condition, with Hodder & Stoughton price sticker on back cover. $400.
    Are you trying to sell this>?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rage. Find one in NF condition. It will likely double in 5 years.
    I have the UK first edition, the yellow cover, in NF-/VG+ condition, with Hodder & Stoughton price sticker on back cover. $400.
    JackPoint, welcome to the site. You will find this site to be a valuable resource for all things King. Browse daily and post often!

AKC

4d 6f 72 6f 6e JackPoint is on a distinguished road

Are you trying to sell this>?[/QUOTE]

Yes. If I have said so in the wrong place, I will gladly delete the post and put it elsewhere. Never done this before - sell books from a forum - so I am ignorant of the protocols and procedures.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

There is a thread for members to sell to other members. It's called Collectible Classifieds.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?6468-Collectible-Classifieds/

Trying to sell something in your first post is a bit forward IMHO.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    There is a thread for members to sell to other members. It's called Collectible Classifieds.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?6468-Collectible-Classifieds/

Thats why i was asking.....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

At some point a person can sell. It's probably best to intruduce oneself a bit before tossing a item up. There are no strict rules. I will say that unless someone else can vouch for a new member, that caution should be taken when conducting business.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. If I have said so in the wrong place, I will gladly delete the post and put it elsewhere. Never done this before - sell books from a forum - so I am ignorant of the protocols and procedures.[/QUOTE]
    Welcome to the site. Once you have poked around a bit, it will be easier. As mentioned, if you want to sell something, put the item in our Collectible Classifieds

thread.

Yes. If I have said so in the wrong place, I will gladly delete the post and put it elsewhere. Never done this before - sell books from a forum - so I am ignorant of the protocols and procedures.
    Welcome to the site. Once you have poked around a bit, it will be easier. As mentioned, if you want to sell something, put the item in our Collectible Classifieds

thread.[/QUOTE]

WELCOME? This is your idea of a welcome, nose-in-the-air sniffery, oh my, he dared to try to SELL something?

I have plenty to say about matters King. I seriously doubt I would want to say it here, given the self-important rudeness. Brian, telling someone in your first communication, who has indicated a desire to post things in their proper place, that he is being forward is ASTONISHINGLY rude. Who appointed YOU the arbiter of my "behavior"? - which of course was both innocent and blameless. I accept that the owner/moderator can be the arbiter of my behavior here - not that I would mess with The Walkin Dude - but Brian, Webstar1000 at least answered my inquiry about where it would be proper to post before he started schoolyard-sniggering with you about my alleged faux pas. What's YOUR deal? (That's a purely rhetorical question; I could not possibly have less interest in your answer, so I hope you don't bother.)

I have NO use for newbie biters who assume I am not only temporarily ignorant of the customs of a particular forum, but who also mistake their more extensive knowledge for anything remotely approaching wisdom, and who presume, wrongly, that I am both clueless and toothless.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought I was welcoming. I pointed you towards the correct thread to sell something, and mentioned that being new, you would feel more comfortable in little or no time.

Spoiler:
    BTW, if you want to sell something, go to ebay. Here people sell member to member with no fees. Sales are based upon built up trust. When a person joins and immediately wants to sell something, then they are usually perceived as rude and only interested in themselves (saving fees)-not the community (offering a mutually beneficial sale of a King item). Feel free to try again to me a welcomed member; or simply go away.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

JackPoint,
    You may want to re-read the previous posts...
    You will find only people trying to help and explain the etiquette around here. A reaction such as yours above is not going to win you any friends.

I can assure you, it's your loss.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I agree Stroppygoblin any person with a true interest in King would truly lose out by not being a member & active in discussions on this site, I have only been a member for a little over a year but everybody has been very welcoming although it seems quite a few people pop on here for a week or month or so and are gone as Randall Flagg pointed out the sales that go on here are based on trust and a new member hopping on to just sell an item let alone at $400 can come acrossed as suspect, everybody here is nice and pleasant to deal with that being said if you would like to be grouped into that category an apology to the owner of the site would definitely be in order as many hours are spent by him to make this place a reality for all of us to enjoy! There is a thread solely dedicated to donating to make this site and stay ad free this is done by us members who enjoy being here and enjoy the camaraderie,
    as a new member how would you feel about sending somebody $400 with no recourse?
    either way trying to burn bridges here is not a good move to when many people here can be a great assistance and apologies are usually accepted if you do want to stick around but I am sure I'm not the only one that strongly thinks one is in order here

It makes little difference to me that you pointed me to the right place when you also, for all practical purposes, wholly endorsed the veteran members who feel invested with the right to bite newcomers.

I have exactly ONE item to sell here. I am largely indifferent to whether I sell it here, elsewhere, or not at all. I am completely unconcerned about fees, too - AFAIC, on the two or three occasions where I have sold something on eBay (not books), they have earned their fee. If you are obliquely suggesting that I should pay a fee to this site, quantify it, and I would be happy to pay it on exactly the same principle, if I do not deem it excessive to the point that it would lead me to sell elsewhere.

What in the hell is it that makes people think that length of time on a forum somehow transmutes into trust? Or wisdom? Bizarre magical thinking, and more than a little bit clearly motivated by the joy of lording it over someone else.

Well, it's been hardly any time at all, and I feel SO comfortable and SO welcome.

BTW, I attempted to post an introduction for myself of several paragraphs in the spot so designated, and, as my subsequent message to the webmaster indicated, I was barred from posting it because I did not yet have "access." I was also motivated to reply to a number of other posts I read last night and today, and got the same message. In my limited experience, your site doesn't work well. Information for newcomers, your ten-post policy, site navigation - all substandard. But I am not interested in criticizing websites qua websites; I was interested in discussing Stephen King.

And I will presume that the past tense in that last clause is apropos, as I am sure you will ban me from this site for my audacity in pointing out the Emperor's nudity.

My loss? I don't think so.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

And I will presume that the past tense in that last clause is apropos, as I am sure you will ban me from this site for my audacity in pointing out the Emperor's nudity.
    I am not going to ban you. You haven't violated any rules that would result in a banning. The rules are listed on The FAQ's link atop the page. I initially may not like you, but unlike most sites (try going to SK.COM and acting this way-your posts would never have seen the light of day), people get enough leeway to show themselves.
    There is a 5 post threshold where links and pics are moderated. It's a great spam buster tool. We receive almost zero spam as a result of the minor requirement. One more post (hopefully you can figure out how to get along by then), and PM ability, links and pics are available to you.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It makes little difference to me that you pointed me to the right place when you also, for all practical purposes, wholly endorsed the veteran members who feel invested with the right to bite newcomers.

I have exactly ONE item to sell here. I am largely indifferent to whether I sell it here, elsewhere, or not at all. I am completely unconcerned about fees, too - AFAIC, on the two or three occasions where I have sold something on eBay (not books), they have earned their fee. If you are obliquely suggesting that I should pay a fee to this site, quantify it, and I would be happy to pay it on exactly the same principle, if I do not deem it excessive to the point that it would lead me to sell elsewhere.

What in the hell is it that makes people think that length of time on a forum somehow transmutes into trust? Or wisdom? Bizarre magical thinking, and more than a little bit clearly motivated by the joy of lording it over someone else.

Well, it's been hardly any time at all, and I feel SO comfortable and SO welcome.

BTW, I attempted to post an introduction for myself of several paragraphs in the spot so designated, and, as my subsequent message to the webmaster indicated, I was barred from posting it because I did not yet have "access." I was also motivated to reply to a number of other posts I read last night and today, and got the same message. In my limited experience, your site doesn't work well. Information for newcomers, your ten-post policy, site navigation - all substandard. But I am not interested in criticizing websites qua websites; I was interested in discussing Stephen King.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, this escalated quickly.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

thread.

WELCOME? This is your idea of a welcome, nose-in-the-air sniffery, oh my, he dared to try to SELL something?

I have plenty to say about matters King. I seriously doubt I would want to say it here, given the self-important rudeness. Brian, telling someone in your first communication, who has indicated a desire to post things in their proper place, that he is being forward is ASTONISHINGLY rude. Who appointed YOU the arbiter of my "behavior"? - which of course was both innocent and blameless. I accept that the owner/moderator can be the arbiter of my behavior here - not that I would mess with The Walkin Dude - but Brian, Webstar1000 at least answered my inquiry about where it would be proper to post before he started schoolyard-sniggering with you about my alleged faux pas. What's YOUR deal? (That's a purely rhetorical question; I could not possibly have less interest in your answer, so I hope you don't bother.)

I have NO use for newbie biters who assume I am not only temporarily ignorant of the customs of a particular forum, but who also mistake their more extensive knowledge for anything remotely approaching wisdom, and who presume, wrongly, that I am both clueless and toothless.
    Touchy, touchy! Why so defensive?

John

I just read your post about how "veteran" members are more trusted than "newbies". The reason is that we've gotten to know and, more importantly, trust the veterans. As a newbie, you have to build that trust. It can be done, but not by attacking the members here.

John
    Last edited by jhanic; 11-25-2014 at 03:22 PM. Reason: New comment

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My loss? I don't think so.
    Ok well good luck with THAT sale...

Oh and by the way, based on your description, it's overpriced by about $100
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Who did that?

Another example of a self-righteous jerk who thinks that the time he has spent on a forum translates into the right to judge someone else's behavior and berate them. You think I owe Randall Flagg AN APOLOGY? Are you out of your tiny little mind?

And as for the "trust" necessary to complete a sale, you must be right. It simply boggles the mind that anyone would sell anything on Craigslist, with no fees, no guarantees, effectively no recourse.

I will refrain from commenting on your awful spelling, grammar, and syntax, except to say that in MY world, massive failures in those areas are a LOT more suspect than someone reading a wish list on a site like this that happens to include the one single King item I have to sell, and that I don't care if I sell or not, and who POLITELY responds, alerting the person whose wish list includes that item that I might have it and be willing to part with it - and who also simultaneously inquires as to the proper protocol for this here. Yes, I've been informed of the proper protocol; certainly I appreciate that, otherwise I would not have asked. But I apologize for NOTHING, and I do NOT appreciate the unwarranted shitstorm aimed at me, with the happy acquiescence of Mr. Flagg.

But I assure you , Lot guy, that were it not for you, small shit is the most I would have done.

Duh. I am COUNTERattacking the members for ATTACKING the newbie. Don't get on your high horse until you see if your fellow trusted veterans have crapped on the saddle.

Never having moderated or created a website, I am ignorant of the problems like spam. I appreciate the need for your solution, and the explanation. I stand by my observation that when a newcomer tries to post (without links or pics), and encounters a threshold that he was unaware of, that it is a little off-putting. Nothing compared to the very good reason you advance for he necessity, to be sure, but a valid criticism nonetheless.

Again, why would I want to build trust with self-righteous jerks who attack ME for nothing?

When your child started to speak, how many posts did he or she have to make before being allowed to speak to Your Holy Presence?

You did, and I explained it. Too bad your peabrain can't comprehend.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Sorry for the grammar and spelling voice to text option doesn't always work the best, I told my wife the same thing 5 posts before my son gets to talk to me,
    the question I have is when are you going to post that copy of Rage for sale? I just don't want to miss out is all, to beat the rush "Pm sent"

Country
    Country Flag

This guy is not worth the time guys... Let him be childish and let him rant. He only makes himself look silly.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think we are being "Had" in some sort of "Thanksgiving Fool's Day"!!! No one can be that much of an ass. Sorry, I have been advised to stay out of this, but the BS smells to high heaven.

To all my friends:

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad he found us. We haven't had someone of that calibre round here for a while. Needed a good laugh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 351 of 567 FirstFirst ... 251 301 341 349 350 351 352 353 361 401 451 ... LastLast