Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 412 of 567 FirstFirst ... 312 362 402 410 411 412 413 414 422 462 512 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,300 of 14172

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

There were no first edition second printings after The Gunslinger until The Song of Susannah. There are various artist and limited editions.
    I have a 1st edition later printing of Wolves. I think once Scribner came into play with book 5 they started doing later printings.
    I seem to recall that Scribner went pack to press with Wolves before the book was published.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

There were no first edition second printings after The Gunslinger until The Song of Susannah. There are various artist and limited editions.
    I have a 1st edition later printing of Wolves. I think once Scribner came into play with book 5 they started doing later printings.
    Perhaps it was Wolves.

I stand corrected.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can someone confirm this is a 1st/1st? According to the wiki it is, but don't know for sure if it's some kind of export edition.
    On the front inner flap it states '02182587'

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Think it is, Niels - mine is exactly like that.
    Including the faded spine.....

sk

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Damn, that's one thing that slipped my attention! That's a no-go for me.

Thanks for getting that into my attention!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    Damn, that's one thing that slipped my attention! That's a no-go for me.

Thanks for getting that into my attention!
    Also I cannot tell from the picture but does the front have scales on it? the 1st edition has scales and the later editions and BCE are just flat green paper.

Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't tell either, but the seller did mention the scales.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

SCALES (They are only on the front cover)

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I'll apologize in advance, because I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere -- I just can't find it.

I remember reading that there is something special about the first PB edition of Firestarter, a short print run or something?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It came with a black cover, a white cover and a couple of different blurbs. So there are a few different books that are first printings.

Also they are fairly difficult to find.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    I'll apologize in advance, because I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere -- I just can't find it.

I remember reading that there is something special about the first PB edition of Firestarter, a short print run or something?
    According to my notes, there was a total print run of 50,000 copies, split between the two color covers. They were all supposed to be in a boxed set that included The Dead Zone.

There's been a recent discussion of this edition in the New Pride and Joy thread.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post

According to my notes, there was a total print run of 50,000 copies, split between the two color covers. They were all supposed to be in a boxed set that included The Dead Zone.

There's been a recent discussion of this edition in the New Pride and Joy thread.

John
    Thanks - Just checked it out. Stumbled upon one yesterday that I picked up for $1.75. I remembered there was something special about it, but couldn't remember what it was!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I still need one. For me it has been easier to locate obscure early UK proofs than this mass-market PB. I guess it doesn't help that I completely rely on the internet for books like these - 1st printings of King's older books are not often found in Dutch second-hand bookstores...

I still need that Dutch "The Lift" Movie tie-in that never made it home in the mail in 1983.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

If you want to trade for your 1st printing Signet Firestarter PB.....

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Any thoughts on the signature for this signed pet Sematary? I'm on the fence about it...
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-P...215?nav=SEARCH

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks "Okay", but I would get other opinions than mine.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Any thoughts on the signature for this signed pet Sematary? I'm on the fence about it...
    I don't think it is good.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I don't like it either, this King to too clear, not enough Knig

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And there you have it. The most trusted authority I know of on these boards!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    And there you have it. The most trusted authority I know of on these boards!!!
    I appreciate the feedback. It's one of those signatures that I found myself wanting to be real, which is the first sign that I need outside opinions Thank you!

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's possible that Winston Churchill - "Church the Cat" scribbled that on the page, but it definitely wasn't the author in the Summer of '88. Keep looking, you'll find a real one.

Gerald

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I consider that not only fake but vandalism. That book is in beautiful condition and has been totally ruined by the forgery.

I'm hoping someone reports this so he can't sell and then offers him $20 for just the dustjacket on the condition he destroys the rest of the book.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I consider that not only fake but vandalism. That book is in beautiful condition and has been totally ruined by the forgery.

I'm hoping someone reports this so he can't sell and then offers him $20 for just the dustjacket on the condition he destroys the rest of the book.

Touché. That is a beautiful book that would easily be worth $40 unsigned, as I have seen copies sell at auction houses for $50 in worse condition. It is a shame that a book survives 30 years in that condition, only to be butchered like that for eBay. What a waste. I would like the dust jacket on its own.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 412 of 567 FirstFirst ... 312 362 402 410 411 412 413 414 422 462 512 ... LastLast