Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Falling Skies

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Falling Skies

The new Sci-Fi Series on TNT.

It kinda had the feel of V with overtones of Jericho in there but it has potential as a good alien shooter if they get it right. What are your thoughts of the show.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll reserve judgement until after the 2 hour premiere, but I have high hopes. I agree it smacks of "V" in the trailers, but I'm gonna give it a shot considering the production crew.

BTW, I went to TCU!! Go "Horned Frogs"!!!! 1976-1980

(Cause you're in "DFW" Texas)
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I recorded it but haven't had a chance to watch it yet -- there was a good trailer for it at the movie theater before Super 8.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was really looking forward to FS since it was announced awhile ago. I watched a re-run of the Pilot last night and can say that I was severly disappointed. I understand that it's the first episode and everything is still being "set up", but the characterization was horrible. The plot and editing was pretty sloppy too. I'll probably watch an episode or two more before I decide if I'll stick with it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Just watched my DVR'd pilot of this show. I too had high hopes, but felt they went kind of a "cheesy" route with the pilot. Agreed the editing was subpar!!! One scene (I don't think I'm spoiling anything) has them getting blasted by one of the robot guys and then it cuts away and they are walking away from the fight, but what happened to freakin robot guy? It wasn't blown up, so should have been right on their tale, but magically it disappeared? Come on...basically editing. Watch the episode when you are done editing to catch that stuff! GRRRRR!!!

I was talking to a guy at work and I told him my thoughts on where it was going and he agreed that he thought it made sense....

SPOILER ALERT!!!
    They are acting like the green six legged guys are the leaders and the robots are the 'unmanned' worker bees. I disagree!!! I think the robots ("mechs") are manned with the real aliens. The big 6-legged guys are "servants" (like our future most likely) to the aliens in the "mechs".

I play a lot of video games ....like MechWarrior....and they involve you climbing into a robot.

This I feel is borne out by the student asking the teacher why the robots have two legs when the aliens are 6 legged. Wouldn't the robots logically be 6-legged then? The answer was "greater psychological" warfare seeing 2-legged robots (similar to us if we were being studied for years). I don't think this is a logical reason for 2-legged monsters by an intelligent alien race.

It DOES make sense if they themselves are 2-legged though!

They also mention that every time the big green 6-legged guys are around they have backup b/c their robots fighter droids are there. I think it's the other way is what I'm saying. Robot guys have back up 6-legged guys always around.

Also, when in that "armory", they saw a 6-legged guy who was up on a rack, but didn't shoot or anything....he was making weird noises (their language?) and then a robot popped up shooting like crazy at everyone. They blew up the robot (they always were blown up all the way in the pilot) and then the 6-legged guy came off the rack and started towards the humans, but we blew him away right away. He was on the ground babbling (kind of sad actually) and died. I'm thinking he was trying to come to us to say thanks for freeing him, but we killed him before he could convey that he wasn't going to harm us.

I could be wrong, but I think that's the situation. I like the idea of the show and I like that they through aliens right into the mix at the beginning and they look cool. I like the "bad guy" that was the leader of the gang as he appears to be one those "guys you hate to love" like Tony Soprano.

Jury is still out for me, but I'm not giving up yet either.

Tough now (and thank god for my DVR's!!) b/c of True Blood, Breaking Bad, etc... all starting up again. Lots of good shows!!

p.s. If you have never watched Breaking Bad, you should. Starts out slow, but after about 3 or 4 episodes, it gets soooooooooooooo good. Only time EVER that someone has one an Emmy 3 years in a row for Best Actor. The dad from Malcolm in the Middle is the main guy in Breaking Bad, but he isn't the funny guy like on Malcolm in the Middle. Just amazingly good television. AMC really is kickin butt with their TV series. The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc...

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    p.s. If you have never watched Breaking Bad, you should. Starts out slow, but after about 3 or 4 episodes, it gets soooooooooooooo good. Only time EVER that someone has one an Emmy 3 years in a row for Best Actor. The dad from Malcolm in the Middle is the main guy in Breaking Bad, but he isn't the funny guy like on Malcolm in the Middle. Just amazingly good television. AMC really is kickin butt with their TV series. The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc...
    Breaking Bad is my favorite show on TV. Some of the best storytelling on TV and some of the best characters on TV. It's unfortunate that Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul won't be able to defend their Emmy awards because Breaking Bad didn't air this awards season.

Either way, both will be more than deserving once the next award season comes back around.

AMC does indeed have some great programming...not including The Killing. It started out good, but betrayed its audience with the worst season finale I've ever seen. Check the thread I made about The Killing for more of my ranting.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I've only just seen the pilot of The Killing but have the whole season DVR'd. Now, I don't know if I should watch it or read your thread. hahaha!

I live in Seattle (you might have guessed that), so I kind of have to watch it since nothing is filmed here because of super high taxes for filming in Washington. sigh...

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Allright I watched the show tonight and I thought it was good. Not the best show ever but I am always a sucker for end of the world stuff. It did have a Jericho (wish I loved) feel to it and the effects were not bad. I will stick with this and see where it goes.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    I've only just seen the pilot of The Killing but have the whole season DVR'd. Now, I don't know if I should watch it or read your thread. hahaha!

I live in Seattle (you might have guessed that), so I kind of have to watch it since nothing is filmed here because of super high taxes for filming in Washington. sigh...
    Being from Seattle, you have to watch it.

I will be really interested to hear what you think about the season, especially the finale. I will be in touch.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw the latest episode last night twice in fact and was kinda alarmed by
    Spoiler:
    the way the main character took the six legged freak hostage. blow off two of the legs and drag it back to base without a fight...right. and at the end when it woke up to take possession of the kid they took the harness off of suggests that the harness is there to keep the kid drugged but not to take over the person's mind.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately, post "ER" anything Noah Wyle is in on TV kinda signals "crap". It's a damn shame!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I did not "dig" the second episode at all. Very confusing editing and the acting and/or writing seemed to decline this episode. I'm sticking with it for now but it might find it's way off of my dvr list when Breaking Bad comes back on.

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Unfortunately, post "ER" anything Noah Wyle is in on TV kinda signals "crap". It's a damn shame!!!
    Aw come on, those "Librarian" movies weren't that bad!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I caught the second episode On Demand last night and thought that it was a definite improvement over last week's (seemingly) 8 hour premiere. Not perfect, but it was more engaging.

So I guess the takeaway from the last minute is that the aliens (I refuse to refer to them as skitters. That is the stupidest thing ever)
    Spoiler:
    have some kind of telepathic bond with the harnessed kids?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by what View Post
    Aw come on, those "Librarian" movies weren't that bad!
    Sorry, but yes they were!!! As much as I had hoped otherwise!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, but yes they were!!! As much as I had hoped otherwise!!
    I know... it was a stretch to even sit through!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Allright the thread is back open! Anyone else watching the premiere tonight?

(Thanks Heather!)

Country
    Country Flag

I'll be watching! The 3 minute tease that they posted awhile back looked really good.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

30 more minutes here....hope they explain what happened at the end of season one

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL! I asked for this to be re-opened and I still have not watched any of this. Everything in DVR'ed and we started watching the premiere and turned it off because we were tired. I will try and watch a few episodes this weekend.

Country
    Country Flag

It's still just "okay" in my opinion. I was really hoping things would change this season, but it's still the same formula. Fight off aliens, retreat, fight again, move "camp" to a new spot, repeat.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    It's still just "okay" in my opinion. I was really hoping things would change this season, but it's still the same formula. Fight off aliens, retreat, fight again, move "camp" to a new spot, repeat.
    Damn, Ricky! Spoiler tags please...LOL

Country
    Country Flag

I know. I revealed too much!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have finally watched the first 3 episodes of this season. Ricky pretty much hit the nail on the head...the show is just okay. I'm enjoying it but it could be alot better. It feels like they are in a pretty predictable formula for each episode and it's moving kinda slow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast