Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stephen King novels on Jeopardy

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King novels on Jeopardy

http://www.examiner.com/stephen-king...de-of-jeopardy

People who tuned into Jeopardy last night got to see an entire category dedicated to the works of Stephen King. The category was aptly named "Stephen King Novel Plots". It popped up in the double jeopardy round, which allowed those well versed in the author's work to theoretically pull in even more money.

Now, naturally, I knew the answers to every single clue because it's Stephen King and because I'm just that brilliant. Yeah, they actually weren't too difficult.

As all of the clues were basically plot summaries, it wasn't that much of a challenge to connect the dots. The answers to each clue were as follows.

$400: Firestarter

$800: Salem's Lot

$1200: The Stand

$1600: The Dead Zone

$2000: It

So they did try to go for the more well known works as opposed to something that casual readers may not recognize by synopsis alone. Interestingly enough, no one got the answers for either Salem's Lot or The Dead Zone.

I was quite happy to see It made it on the list as that is one of my favorites. With only 5 slots and over ten times that many books under King's belt, there are a bunch of classics that didn't make the cut. Still, I think they did a good job picking titles, noting the "go to" books in King's collection as well as using some that were apparently not as obvious as one would think.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I probably missed about 5 minutes of Jeopardy last night. I'm betting this is the five minutes I missed.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

i heard once that trebec is a big tower junkie
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    i heard once that trebec is a big tower junkie
    Will Ferrell thinks his Mother is, anyway!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure one of the guys got Salem's Lot, but I could be wrong. Also, this isn't the first time they've had a SK category on Jeopardy. He's quite popular over there.

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

King was once on Jeopardy himself...in 96 or 97 because he mentioned the X-Files episode he would want to write.

+ Reply to Thread