Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: The Sopranos

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Sopranos

Watching through the series again. On episode 4 of season 4. Show is simply amazing. Anyone who hasn't watched this show should immediately rectify this critical error. It's simply the greatest show of all time.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

There's a lot to love about the show. I can't have marathon runs of it, exactly - every episode usually feels complete enough without feeling to watch another one immediately afterwards - but I have enjoyed a great deal of it. Favourite moment ever? This:

This show was always the best at having the perfect choice of music, imo.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a good one as well. though my favourite ending would have to be Employee of the Month where
    Spoiler:
    melfi is raped
    And she's in session with Tony and wants so badly to to tell him what happened and who it was and make them suffer terribly and when she breaks down and Tony asks if there if she's sure she really doesn't want to talk about it and she says 'no' and the episode ends.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh yeah, that was a fantastically bold moment...and is probably one of the most easily misintepreted endings to an episode in tv history. So many people thought it was a kind of cliffhanger rather than a completely resolved ending. Even my mum went, "So I wonder how he's going to find out, then?" That's what I always liked about the Sopranos: it was never afraid to break the rules, no matter how terrible it was to watch sometimes. That's always the sign of a great drama, I think.

- Melike

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking foward to the episode where
    Spoiler:
    Ralphie gets it. He's one of my favourite characters from the show and that episode was so good at making him for the first time hurt and show resolve to change but it ends up being too late. Much like Pussy in season 2, I find it very sympathetic.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed the show, however the writers distaste for Tony become evident in the last two season. I cant believe there is still doubt about the ending, shit they practically beat you over the head leading up to it.

Originally they wanted Vincent D'Onofrio to be Tony, but he didnt like the way it portrayed Italians. I love D'Onofrio but Gandolfini was EXCELLENT. I can only see him as Tony and he hasnt done anything else thats been worthwhile. Which is a shame
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I suppose you haven't seen The Last Castle then. Gandolfini was great in that movie. Recommend it to anyone, very good movie. Stars Robert Redford, James Gandolfini and Mark Ruffalo.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    Originally they wanted Vincent D'Onofrio to be Tony, but he didnt like the way it portrayed Italians. I love D'Onofrio but Gandolfini was EXCELLENT. I can only see him as Tony and he hasnt done anything else thats been worthwhile. Which is a shame
    Ok then, it's clear that you need to watch In the Loop, as that's a brilliant film he was in that let him show off his comedy skills. It's a film about British/American political relations and how one really fucking stupid comment on tv can actually lead to war. He's easily the 2nd best thing in the movie (number 1 is Peter Capaldi as Malcolm Tucker, he's an absolute legend for that role)!

Best moment: after a serious argument between the two most awesome characters, it ends with Tucker correcting Gandolfini's Lt. Gen Miller on a major mistake he made of calling him an "English prick":

- Melike

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Oh no! Now you've made me want to watch The Sopranos all over again! And I am so far behind in my TV watching already. I also liked Gandolfini in The Last Castle and also The Mexican.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I suppose you haven't seen The Last Castle then. Gandolfini was great in that movie. Recommend it to anyone, very good movie. Stars Robert Redford, James Gandolfini and Mark Ruffalo.
    I didnt care for him in that role. Perhaps a re-watch is in order

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    Ok then, it's clear that you need to watch In the Loop, as that's a brilliant film he was in that let him show off his comedy skills. It's a film about British/American political relations and how one really fucking stupid comment on tv can actually lead to war. He's easily the 2nd best thing in the movie (number 1 is Peter Capaldi as Malcolm Tucker, he's an absolute legend for that role)!

Best moment: after a serious argument between the two most awesome characters, it ends with Tucker correcting Gandolfini's Lt. Gen Miller on a major mistake he made of calling him an "English prick":
    I will check that out thanks!
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

QUOTE=Yeah Sure Whatever;618574]
    [/QUOTE]

His role was very un Tony Soprano like. He was a weasel, someone who demonstrated his power through crooked smiles and executive orders instead of with his fists and words like in The Sopranos. The voice is more like Gandolfini's actual voice which, if you watch the pilot of Sopranos, is like that. He developed Tony's voice over time to sound so different from his own, the first few episodes he sounds strange to me because of it.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

QUOTE=Yeah Sure Whatever;618574]
    Hmmmm I knew his Soprano voice was put on. I remember once my know it all Uncle was all "I watched that show and as soon as I heard his voice I turned it off, because he would have been whacked for that a long time ago" My husband and I were like "WTF"

His role was very un Tony Soprano like. He was a weasel, someone who demonstrated his power through crooked smiles and executive orders instead of with his fists and words like in The Sopranos. The voice is more like Gandolfini's actual voice which, if you watch the pilot of Sopranos, is like that. He developed Tony's voice over time to sound so different from his own, the first few episodes he sounds strange to me because of it.[/QUOTE]

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I'm looking foward to the episode where
    Spoiler:
    Ralphie gets it. He's one of my favourite characters from the show and that episode was so good at making him for the first time hurt and show resolve to change but it ends up being too late. Much like Pussy in season 2, I find it very sympathetic.
    one of my fave episodes!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

All this Sopranos discussion reminded me of how great this show could get. I started re-watching the series a long while ago, got about a quarter way through series 3 before putting it to one side (most likely when I was catching up on entire seasons of Lost), but recently have been thinking about a good season of Sopranos to watch again. Initially, I thought series 6 part 1
    Spoiler:
    the rest of the mafia finding out about Vito storyline in particular was a great one, as well as the increasing tension between Tony and Phil Leotardo,
    but then I thought about how some of those threads really started in season 5, and how that was a fantastic series
    Spoiler:
    with the death of Adriana being one of the most memorable moments in the history of the show,
    and eventually I just thought, "Fuck it, i'll try to remember where I was with series 3 and work from there."

Watched a few eps today, including University. Now there's a difficult ep to watch. Ralphie's never been more loathsome than he was in this ep, in my opinion!

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

3rd ep of season 5, and the moment Uncle Junior mistakes Larry David for himself still makes me laugh.

- Melike

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Video!!!!

Someday you will see why...
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched the whole season throughout this year, and finished a couple of months ago. This is one of my favourite series of all times and I'm glad I've watched it through twice now.

You'll enjoy finishing the series

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh, I certainly will. I think I'm enjoying it even more than last time. Definitely a great show.

- Melike