Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition - Collecting Discussion Thread

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shoot, I got tied up at work and wasn't able to get my order in before the Limiteds were taken down. I just ordered a gift edition and added my name to the waiting list... we'll see....

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Gift edition for me. I was just thinking of re-reading IT and will now wait until I receive my copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Reservation list has been live for some time:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king06b
    Funny, I'm able to pull it up through the link but there's not listing for it on the product page when I pull it up. Perhaps it's just going to take the DNS servers some time to update for everyone.
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dawg View Post
    Shoot, I got tied up at work and wasn't able to get my order in before the Limiteds were taken down. I just ordered a gift edition and added my name to the waiting list... we'll see....
    Although the page says that shipping cannot be combined for separate orders, hopefully Cemetery Dance will make exceptions in light of the issues with the site.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I also got myself a nice gift edition. One thing, dear Cemetery Dance, one thing..... pleeeaaaaaase don't throw another one of those abhorrent brownish slipcases at us (like on the SOD and FDNS gift eds.).

But: great news and a job well done!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I also got myself a nice gift edition. One thing, dear Cemetery Dance, one thing..... pleeeaaaaaase don't throw another one of those abhorrent brownish slipcases at us (like on the SOD and FDNS gift eds.).

Biomieg,

You might be onto something there..... I was just trying to think of the last time I viewed an attractive brown car?
    A nice cloth tray/slipcase might be nice.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I politely and respectfully disagree. The SoD slipcases are the nicest slipcases in my collection. And while the FDNS slips are not quite as nice, it does fit the coloring scheme of the jacket art. And do I like that just as much.

Anyway, as long as it matches the theme and appearance of the book, I will be happy regardless.

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got my confirmation email for the S/L at 11:04:09 EDT , really looking forward to this book

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I never got a confirmation. I just got my usual Paypal conformation saying I paid CD. Which was around 11-11:30 when I ordered.
    Geoff

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Gift edition for me. I was just thinking of re-reading IT and will now wait until I receive my copy.
    Same. It's been a while since I've read IT and I am due for a re-read. I will really enjoy reading it again in a nice CD edition.
    Geoff

Along the Path of the Beam marc is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

It would be excellent if CD could find it in their hearts to offer combined shipping for people living in (for instance) The Netherlands (if there are other Dutch people interested in combined shipping). I know I've said this before but it's just that the shipping costs are so very, very high when compared to the price of the actual book, and it could be lowered so very, very easily. I now know of at least 3 gift editions that'll be shipped to the Netherlands for $55 dollars each (not to mention customs). How I wish I could spent that money on actual books.

Still looking forward to my gift edition though :-)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's okay, Tim! And you're right, the SOD slipcase is okay. But the combination of the blue lettering and brown FDNS slipcase with its weird texture/patterning does not appeal to my sense of aesthetics at all...

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is the gift-edition going the be available thru pspublishing? (Just like the "Riding the Bullet")

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    I THINK mine was the first order....thanks to my old friend carlosdetweiller
    I started filling out the forms 10 seconds after the page went live

I HOPE that means a low letter and a low number...
    Bob - u just cost me a fortune
    I'll take the credit but it couldn't have been me, could it? I was checking this and CD's sites frequently this morning but knew nothing until I checked this thread and saw BigCoffinHunter's and Clacke's posts at 10:02CST. I placed my order right after that, about 10:10CST by the time I got all the forms filled out.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's okay, Tim! And you're right, the SOD slipcase is okay. But the combination of the blue lettering and brown FDNS slipcase with its weird texture/patterning does not appeal to my sense of aesthetics at all...
    Fair enough, I can totally see that. I may be partial to the brown and blue, due to it being the color scheme of my living room in which my King case sits. Of course, that's a much lighter blue that the FDNS lettering. Oh well. Here's hoping for something new and exciting (but not terrible, haha).

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    It would be excellent if CD could find it in their hearts to offer combined shipping for people living in (for instance) The Netherlands (if there are other Dutch people interested in combined shipping). I know I've said this before but it's just that the shipping costs are so very, very high when compared to the price of the actual book, and it could be lowered so very, very easily. I now know of at least 3 gift editions that'll be shipped to the Netherlands for $55 dollars each (not to mention customs).
    I don't think anyone here would be interested in combining their order -which i don't think is possible anyways- with mine: For my three editions I'm already paying...$200.00! Ouch! And then there's the import duty I'll ahve to pay...double-ouch!

sk

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I'll take the credit but it couldn't have been me, could it? I was checking this and CD's sites frequently this morning but knew nothing until I checked this thread and saw BigCoffinHunter's and Clacke's posts at 10:02CST. I placed my order right after that, about 10:10CST by the time I got all the forms filled out.
    I'm pretty sure I placed my order before 5pm....My order confirmation says 17.01. And I did make a few mistakes ordering which I had to correct before finalizing my order.
    5 pm here would be your 10.00 CST.

sk

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    Is the gift-edition going the be available thru pspublishing? (Just like the "Riding the Bullet")
    I would like to know this to if possible?

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Ah, my friend, don't you remember mailing me on Saturday to tell me there was going to be a CD announcement on Monday? That really peaked my curiosity...and now I'm very poor <grin>
    Calla Wolf

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    It would be excellent if CD could find it in their hearts to offer combined shipping for people living in (for instance) The Netherlands (if there are other Dutch people interested in combined shipping). I know I've said this before but it's just that the shipping costs are so very, very high when compared to the price of the actual book, and it could be lowered so very, very easily. I now know of at least 3 gift editions that'll be shipped to the Netherlands for $55 dollars each (not to mention customs).
    I don't think anyone here would be interested in combining their order -which i don't think is possible anyways- with mine: For my three editions I'm already paying...$200.00! Ouch! And then there's the import duty I'll ahve to pay...double-ouch!

sk
    I´am interested in combining shipping, but in the next time... expensive books are not possible for me. Spend TOOO much money for books

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    CD fills all of their "regular" customers first, lifetimers etc before the general public. I've already been told that there are no NUMBERs under 100 for the S/L
    I'm a regular CD customer, but my four King limiteds have three different numbers; only the SoD books share the same number. I don't mind at all, but I just thought I'd let you know.

sk

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi,

This is fantastic!! The book I have wanted as a limited for ages. I'm very happy I subscribe to the collector and here, I wouldn't have a clue otherwise!

What a great week, I managed to see Roger Waters perform The Wall, wanted to do that for years, and now managed to bag IT!!! This is THE book for me, I was very tempted to request the Lettered but I couldn't justify that, but my confirmation came through and then the posts came in pretty much straight away that they had taken them down for now. So very lucky.

(Ceri, I was looking at your email re Talisman on Ebay, now I see why!!! I was tempted to make a bid for it until this came up. sorry.)

The art work looks wonderful, can't wait. Publish date of 2011 too!!! Christmas too much to ask for?

Exciting day!!

ps I opted for the signed numbered!! so giddy forgot to say which one I bought!

CD fills all of their "regular" customers first, lifetimers etc before the general public. I've already been told that there are no NUMBERs under 100 for the S/L
    I'm a regular CD customer, but my four King limiteds have three different numbers; only the SoD books share the same number. I don't mind at all, but I just thought I'd let you know.

sk
    You have to request to have your number matched each time a new book comes out. At least, that's how I do it.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by BigCoffinHunter View Post

sk
    You have to request to have your number matched each time a new book comes out. At least, that's how I do it.
    You are correct sir.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, my friend, don't you remember mailing me on Saturday to tell me there was going to be a CD announcement on Monday? That really peaked my curiosity...and now I'm very poor <grin>
    OK. I told you there was going to be a big announcement but I didn't know what it was. OK. I'll take credit for that.

I got up early Saturday morning and before I had taken my second sip of coffee I saw what looked like a UK proof of EVERYTHING'S EVENTUAL offered on eBay by calla_wolf. I immediately e-mailed him with an offer to buy it out of eBay. Just a few seconds after e-mailing him I became more fully awake and saw that it was just the US proof by Scribner. Well, we e-mailed a little back and forth laughing at my somnolence and that was when I mentioned that big news was coming from CD on Monday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast