Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition - Collecting Discussion Thread

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    I emailed Mindy and she knows my order was messed up but I think she is looking into it!
    Thanks again

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I've been trying to order one of the numbered editions, but it won't let me. Are they all already sold?

John
    Probably not. They're having Internet Traffic issues, you gotta just keep trying.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    I shouldn't have but i ordered, surprised there are as many as 750 though
    Thanks for the order! For Cemetery Dance SK books, we always try to do 750 copies since that's what we did for Buick, SOD 1 & 2, FDNS... King has been very generous to sign this many sheets and I know we and our collectors really appreciate it!!

Brian
    That's fair enough

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I keep trying but all it will do is let me order the slipcased edition. The others don't even show up.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well my bank has paid the money for the signed/limited edtion. Don't have a receipt or order conformation yet but i know Brian, Dan and Mindy are still working on it. I'm going to be a nervous wreck about getting this book until I have it in my hands.

Now concerning the book. WOOHOO!!!! Holy crap I have not been as excited about a book since the signed/limited of The Stand came out (which I was unable to get). This is my favorite book on earth and it is finally getting its due. I can not tell you how freaking excited I am about this. My hands were shaking the entire time I was trying to order this book. Now I just have to keep all my fingers and toes crossed that my order goes through ok and I get the book (which will be my FIRST signed/limited edition King book).
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

Quote Originally Posted by BigCoffinHunter View Post
    I'm sure you could order 50 of them through the website and have it go through. Of course, you'd probably get an e-mail back pretty quick regarding 49 of those books being cancelled ;-)
    Correct. It makes Mindy very unhappy, too.

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

I am on the fence. I love the story and like the fact they have a new afterward by King about writing the story. I ordered the Gift edition but can't spend that much for a limited re-print even with King's signature. I do congratulate Cemetery Dance on the relationship they have built with King over the last few years. I look forward to more in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I think I'm the only one unexcited by the news...

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

I keep trying but all it will do is let me order the slipcased edition. The others don't even show up.

John
    I see what you're talking about. It happens with the Lettered too. Perhaps they removed the ability to order the numbered and Lettered editions in order to ease traffic to the problem areas of the site so that they can fix it.
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

John
    Limited and Lettered Edition are off the site for now to prevent double-billing errors because the amounts are so big! We are going to ask the customers who are interested who did NOT order a copy yet to sign-up for the Waiting Lists so we can send them a note when the server is fixed and give them first shot at ordering:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king06b

Sorry, I know this is not ideal. The phone calls with our host have not been fun and we are going to make sure we do whatever is needed so this doesn't happen on future announcements -- including leaving for another host ASAP. Sorry again for all of the trouble!

Brian

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    Limited and Lettered Edition are off the site for now to prevent double-billing errors because the amounts are so big! We are going to ask the customers who are interested who did NOT order a copy yet to sign-up for the Waiting Lists so we can send them a note when the server is fixed and give them first shot at ordering:

Sorry, I know this is not ideal. The phone calls with our host have not been fun and we are going to make sure we do whatever is needed so this doesn't happen on future announcements -- including leaving for another host ASAP. Sorry again for all of the trouble!

Brian
    But if you got a confirm email for a single Limited, you're golden, right Brian?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

John

Brian
    That makes sense. Still, there's going to be a lot of people out there having heart attacks thinking that the limited is completely sold out.

I worked in IT for about seven years and can vividly recall the frantic phone calls to our host any time we had issues with the server, let alone in the middle of a huge promotion. I don't envy your position right now.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    You weren't whistling Dixie about "It" being big (the news that is).
    Big in more than one sense of the word as well. This litterally is going to be a huge book, I think we figured almost 3 times as many pages as our edition of FULL Dark (don't quote me on that though).
    Dan, nice to meet you.
    I was so shocked when the "IT" page finally posted, my brain expected to see something else, I'm not really sure what it expected but it wasn't this. You guys did a great job on the secret, well done !!
    My Limited will look so nice next to my UK 1st.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

John

Brian
    But if you got a confirm email for a single Limited, you're golden, right Brian?
    Yep!

Uh oh... Stephen King's newsletter just sent out the news. I don't imagine that's going to make things any easier for the site...

Quote Originally Posted by BigCoffinHunter View Post

John

Brian
    That makes sense. Still, there's going to be a lot of people out there having heart attacks thinking that the limited is completely sold out.

I worked in IT for about seven years and can vividly recall the frantic phone calls to our host any time we had issues with the server, let alone in the middle of a huge promotion. I don't envy your position right now.
    Yeah, the host exported the product page this morning after the server crashed to make it a static HTML page to reduce the burden on the cart -- so now the page is not showing the big message about the Waiting Lists, etc... sigh... working on it!

Thanks to everyone who has been so patient and supportive!

Brian

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got the gift edition. Never read the book because after seeing the dreadful mini-series I wasn't interested. But it has been pointed out to me that I MUST read this book. Guess I'll have to go to half-price books to get one to read and keep this one "fresh".

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

I THINK mine was the first order....thanks to my old friend carlosdetweiller
    I started filling out the forms 10 seconds after the page went live

I HOPE that means a low letter and a low number...
    Bob - u just cost me a fortune
    Calla Wolf

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John

Brian
    I hope so..now, im nervous as a cow staring at mcdonalds.

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post

John

Brian
    I hope so..now, im nervous as a cow staring at mcdonalds.
    Like Brian said, it's not because they're sold out yet, it's just to reduce the strain on the server.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    Doesn't work like that with CD. The order page states that previous owners of CD Lettered Editions will get their normal letter.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Confirmed for a Lettered edition....and Mr. RT is correct, CD fills all of their "regular" customers first, lifetimers etc before the general public. I've already been told that there are no NUMBERs under 100 for the S/L

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    I THINK mine was the first order....thanks to my old friend carlosdetweiller
    I started filling out the forms 10 seconds after the page went live

Bob - u just cost me a fortune
    I was anticipating something King-related, so I made sure that all of my information was updated this morning, which made it a lot quicker to go through checkout. I got my confirmation e-mail at 10:01 am central time

As Wiz and Rabbit Trick said though, Cemetery Dance allows you to match previous letters and numbers. Still, it was nice to get the order in early on before there were any sort of server issues. When I placed the order, it didn't slow down at all. Smooth sailing.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

The number doesn't bother me at all, what bothers me is if i get a book!

If you placed an order you should be fine. If not, you'll just have to keep an eye on the site and wait for the reservation list page to pop up. Now that both Cemetery Dance and King's own newsletter have sent out the news about it, not to mention all of the King-related sites, I imagine that it's going to be extremely important to get on that list as soon as it pops up for anyone who has yet to receive a confirmation and/or have their card charged.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reservation list has been live for some time:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast