Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1404

Thread: DT.Net remembrances, gossip, dirt and flaming. Warning-NSFW May have bouncing boobs

Gunslinger Apprentice RandyinAK will become famous soon enough RandyinAK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Freaking Awesome!!! Love it!!!! Made My Day!!!
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    The Stand S/L in coffin box
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice RandyinAK will become famous soon enough RandyinAK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default I"m almost sure I understand, but just in case.....

Randall Flagg you Rock. But I have to say as long as your are defining "Site Appropriate" I'll make sure I stay tuned!!! Damn Informative!!! Thanks
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well if my husband has a vote in this he would say it is VERY site appropriate Ben.

I approve too.
    Christine

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

For RandyInAK:

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

^^^^ 2 bald heads IMO

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    ^^^^ 2 bald heads IMO
    LOL Like she has two bald midgets in her bra!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

*shrieks!*

What is it, what is it!?

Country
    Country Flag

That should be on the "Creepy" thread!!!
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RandyinAK View Post
    That should be on the "Creepy" thread!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

For RandyInAK:

An acceptable substitue if you can't hire a clown to scare the shit out of your kids!!!
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the first one beter than the second:

Country
    Country Flag

Great Job RF!!!! I'm with you on the first one; Sweet. My guess is the second one has an A$$ that's two axe-handles wide to match.
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

After some discussion over on the Dick Olson Cases thread and by popular demand here is something that many members would never have heard of:

Back in the .net days there was a project when DTVII was released, we basically sent a book 57,000 miles around the world stopping of with any member who wished to take part. Each member reserved a space in the book to write a personal message to Steve King. The case was made by a guy in Canada, I did the original drawing of the Constant Reader in the book and made the sculpture personalised 'For Stephen King' we also had Bev Vincent, Michael Whelan, Rick Berry and Phil Hale sign it and write messages and Michael did an eye doodle. It was all packaged up and a really heartfelt letter printed on parchment explaining to King what it was all about was included. Then it was sent to King via Marsha. It was a way for fans to express their thanks to Steve for finishing the DT series and all his works over the years for us the Constant Reader to enjoy. There were a few dramas along the way, one guy, 15 years old, Kevin I think, didn't send the book on for weeks and disappeared so we thought it was stolen and gone for good. We hunted him down and found where he lived and threatened to send the police to his house to retrieve the book (the police had agreed to this if I remeber correct), anyway he eventually did the right thing and sent the book to the next person.

When Steve received the package he sent quite a few photos back of him opening the package and reading the letter etc as well as the book, case and sculpture sitting on his shelves in his Florida home and him chilling out in the sun out in the street by his car. He also sent a copy of the then just released Lisey's Story inscribed and signed. Really very nice of him and an amazing result.

The orignal start of this was a book DTVII was gifted to Mandy 'Rebel Girl' by another member as she couldn't afford to buy a copy of the book to read. This lead to her wanting to pass it on to others who couldn't buy a copy to read and so was born the pass it on idea and from this it escalated into 'The Dark Tower.net Book Signing Tour'. The copy of Lisey's Story remains with me as do the photos and negatives as well as a typed letter from Steve. Mandy 'Rebel Girl' was given another signed copy of DTVII to keep and was the first and probably only King signature she ever owned. The .net website closed down not long after this project as everything fell apart and Mandy disappeared from the site and became untraceable. I have tried contacting her since to see how she is doing but have not had a reply.

All in all it turned out to be an amazing achievement and I am sure Steve really appreciated what we had done and the sentiment of it all!

Here are photos of the project and the end result:

The Letter to Steve:

The Traycase the book was finally housed in to be sent to Steve:

The Book, Constant Reader Sculpture personalised for Steve (and different versions of it), Constant Reader Art that I did in the Book:

A few of the messages that went into the book (I won't post other individuals messages as some of them are very personal to those people and they may not want them shown):

Some maps showing the jorney the book took (I don't think these are complete though):

Continued...

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

What we received back:

Oy Says Hi:

The original Constant Reader Artwork which I drew into the book developed into me producing the sculpture for Steve as part of the package we sent. One also went to Michael Whelan and Audrey his lovely wife which was personalised and then there was call from mebers who also wanted one and led to this:

So there you have it folks, a remarkable journey for us all and one never to be repeated, competed or beaten!

Enjoy!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing, Rachel.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful story Rachel, this site still amazes me daily.
    BTW.. is that the vehicle (red explorer i think) that was eventually purchased by a member here?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Had not heard that saga before. Thanks for sharing.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a fascinating story! Thanks for sharing.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks so much for sharing that Rachel. I so wish I had been around back then, but it's nice to hear the saga of the book.
    Christine

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

what surprises me is how modern king's house is. Is this the inside of his house in maine... or his house in florida?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    what surprises me is how modern king's house is...
    ...and that he drives such a nubby hoopty!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    what surprises me is how modern king's house is...
    ...and that he drives such a nubby hoopty!

Wtf is a "nubby hoopty"? LOL
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

what surprises me is how modern king's house is. Is this the inside of his house in maine... or his house in florida?
    That is the Florida residence near Sarasota. Same residence where the recent pics in the Parade article were shot.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Wonderful story Rachel, this site still amazes me daily.
    BTW.. is that the vehicle (red explorer i think) that was eventually purchased by a member here?
    Explorer can clarify, but I believe the vehicle he (Explorer) bought was an older model than the one pictured.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast