Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1404

Thread: DT.Net remembrances, gossip, dirt and flaming. Warning-NSFW May have bouncing boobs

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

With drama like this who needs soap operas.
    Looking forward to Part II
    Reading these stories Im not sure if Im disappointed or glad TDT doesnt have similar shenanigans. Good entertainment value.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Enter new member "Dolan". Dolan was an abrasive, brash, openly gay, 20ish Collector from New York. Essentially crashing in much like Shannon did, but lacking all of the politeness that Shannon exhibited.

Dolan's avatar was a facial pic of himself. No big deal, except somehow tippy4 (still had the turtle avatar) and Dolan got into it. I remember tippy4 telling Dolan that (paraphrasing) "what kind of a freak uses an actual picture of his ugly face for his avatar?"
    A terrible brouhaha ensued. Kenny (Dolan) was want to call anyone he disagreed with a "fucker, asshole, etc." openly in posts. He was very profane and insulting. Thus the site was a must visit. Everyone was literally sitting by hitting refresh every two minutes for the new combative post to appear. Great great fun.

In their infinite wisdom, Management and staff decided that the best way to corral Dolan was to "Promote him". They correctly figured that once in charge, Dolan would become a bossy, rule enforcing Moderator Nazi.
    I think you are sensationalizing a bit.

Yes, I made a snarky comment to Dolan about his avatar. It was more along the lines of "I think you should rethink that picture". It went back and forth, and it may have gotten to the level you describe...but for the record, it did not START OUT like that.

Eventually, he and I made up, and when he was temporarily banned from the site, I defended him and even started using FREE DOLAN in my signature.

I was banned a few months later probably, but I snuck back on under another name and kept a low profile.

All that said, as I have gone on the record in saying in the past...I was kind of a dick back then (well more of a dick then I am now anyhow)...and me commenting on Dolan's picture was a dick-thing to do. Kenny, if I have not already apologized, I do now. Sorry man.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Hey, I had that "19" Ka-Tet logo. I wasn't outraged that he spent my $2 (or was it $12?) toward car repairs or whatever. I figured he had already covered the costs of running the site so long that my donation was no net profit for him anyway. I was disappointed when it looked like he might let the site die, though.
    I had one of those as well!! I believe it was $10, burt I couldn't say for sure. I thought they were pretty cool.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I intentionally stayed away from all the bs that was going on at the time. I was just interested in King, not in the crap.

John
    With you 100% on this one John !!!!
    We all float down here!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Enter new member "Dolan". Dolan was an abrasive, brash, openly gay, 20ish Collector from New York. Essentially crashing in much like Shannon did, but lacking all of the politeness that Shannon exhibited.

Dolan's avatar was a facial pic of himself. No big deal, except somehow tippy4 (still had the turtle avatar) and Dolan got into it. I remember tippy4 telling Dolan that (paraphrasing) "what kind of a freak uses an actual picture of his ugly face for his avatar?"
    A terrible brouhaha ensued. Kenny (Dolan) was want to call anyone he disagreed with a "fucker, asshole, etc." openly in posts. He was very profane and insulting. Thus the site was a must visit. Everyone was literally sitting by hitting refresh every two minutes for the new combative post to appear. Great great fun.

In their infinite wisdom, Management and staff decided that the best way to corral Dolan was to "Promote him". They correctly figured that once in charge, Dolan would become a bossy, rule enforcing Moderator Nazi.
    I think you are sensationalizing a bit.

Yes, I made a snarky comment to Dolan about his avatar. It was more along the lines of "I think you should rethink that picture". It went back and forth, and it may have gotten to the level you describe...but for the record, it did not START OUT like that.

Eventually, he and I made up, and when he was temporarily banned from the site, I defended him and even started using FREE DOLAN in my signature.

I was banned a few months later probably, but I snuck back on under another name and kept a low profile.

All that said, as I have gone on the record in saying in the past...I was kind of a dick back then (well more of a dick then I am now anyhow)...and me commenting on Dolan's picture was a dick-thing to do. Kenny, if I have not already apologized, I do now. Sorry man.
    Well, you just adapted the narrative. Yes I remember the "break up-make up" between you two. I also remember the reason(s) Kenny (Dolan) was temporarily banned.
    This is not (nor was it ever intended to be), professional journalism. It's a remembrance, with gossip and innuendo...
    The narrative is also not strictly linear. Many stories move back and forth.
    Enjoy, and keep the comments coming. At least now some of the female members might even venture here...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    I intentionally stayed away from all the bs that was going on at the time. I was just interested in King, not in the crap.

John
    BP, I don't believe you were there in ~2005, but if so, what was your screen name?
    This isn't about drama now, it's about the drama then.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post

John
    BP, I don't believe you were there in ~2005, but if so, what was your screen name?
    This isn't about drama now, it's about the drama then.
    Could it be that we have another "confused" member? If so, there is no one I would like to join the ranks of the "confused" as "Bad Penny"!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    I am in this thread all the time, mostly to find out if more dirty old man stuff has been posted so I can show my hubby. lol
    At least now some of the female members might even venture here...
    Christine Ventures here so she can feed her Hubby.
    Truth be told Im not fond of the booby pics 'cause Im jealous but I long ago decided I would rather spend my $ on books rather than boobs... (meaning a Boob JOB for those dirty old men who might have gotten a different idea)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    I am in this thread all the time, mostly to find out if more dirty old man stuff has been posted so I can show my hubby. lol
    Truth be told Im not fond of the booby pics 'cause Im jealous but I long ago decided I would rather spend my $ on books rather than boobs... (meaning a Boob JOB for those dirty old men who might have gotten a different idea)
    No worries, TN. We like you just the way you are!! You're a very good person and that is what matters.

Now, onto to the "Boobie" pics!!! LOL

Spoiler:
    We're still red, blooded American males, TN!!! LOL LOL

P.S. I am digging the memories that come from these .net re-tellings.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice RandyinAK will become famous soon enough RandyinAK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love this thread! TN just think if you decided that long ago you would rather spend your money on books than boobs, you could have possibly purchased a tray cased copy of the stand way back then, sell it now, use the money from only one book to get the boobs that make you jealous and make all the dirty old men drool and just think, you would only have one less book...... and TWO extra additions.... just sayin.

Actually I don't know you TN and you have obviously been around here a lot longer than I have so I'm just jokin around its obviously a personal preference thing, just depends on whose preference you care about,,,, hahaha

Randy
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    The Stand S/L in coffin box
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RandyinAK View Post
    I love this thread! TN just think if you decided that long ago you would rather spend your money on books than boobs, you could have possibly purchased a tray cased copy of the stand way back then, sell it now, use the money from only one book to get the boobs that make you jealous and make all the dirty old men drool and just think, you would only have one less book...... and TWO extra additions.... just sayin.

Actually I don't know you TN and you have obviously been around here a lot longer than I have so I'm just jokin around its obviously a personal preference thing, just depends on whose preference you care about,,,, hahaha

Randy
    Oh, no you didn't!!! You're on your own here, dude and liable to get clobbered!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted

Randy
    Hmm good point. Now Im upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    You're a very good person and that is what matters.
    You dont know me very well Bill, do you?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Randy
    Hmm good point. Now Im upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    You're a very good person and that is what matters.
    You dont know me very well Bill, do you?
    As a gentleman, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. Plus, I have witnessed many kindness' you have done for members here. I feel I "know" you to some extent. Past that, I don't want to know!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember Tippy's FREE DOLAN campaign. He was very vocal about how asinine he thought it was to ban Dolan. An fine act of solidarity and support for a fellow collector. I think a number of us then adopted that slogan in our sigs for a while, or maybe that is just a false recovered memory.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are the prints I received in my Palaver bags. I believe each one is signed by the artist, including Whelan's. I probably discussed these in more detail in my collection thread when I posted this pic a few years ago, but no one ever goes there anymore, not even me.

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Twisted

Really like the SK image bottom row third from the left. Havent seen that one before

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Really like the SK image bottom row third from the left. Havent seen that one before
    D. Anderson print. Very nice!
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    D. Anderson print. Very nice!
    Time to break out your SoS and flip through all the pretty pictures, TN!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I decided that it would be better if I was a little more circumspect with details and names from the dt.net days.
    I will figure out a way to have some fun, be informative, but also respect the privacy of living non-celebrities.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You're a good and decent man, Jerome.

I seem to recall that at Palavercon Zero (the first, unofficial one), everybody ended up in the bathtub together. Anyone care to confirm or deny?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh...even when I understand that, it seems that I'll never know what happened to the old dt.net
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Regarding the bathtub: if that happened, I never saw it.

My Mood
    Twisted

I decided that it would be better if I was a little more circumspect with details and names from the dt.net days.
    I will figure out a way to have some fun, be informative, but also respect the privacy of living non-celebrities.
    Thats too bad, I was looking for some more drama. Seems Im lacking drama these days..
    JK
    Thats very gallant of you Crow

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Time to break out your SoS and flip through all the pretty pictures, TN!
    (Hangs head in shame...)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Oh...even when I understand that, it seems that I'll never know what happened to the old dt.net
    I won't know either. I was not there. Eyewitness accounts are notoriously unreliable.

I'll try and post something tomorrow that

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast