Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower Q&A - Ask a question, get an answer! *spoilers*

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Re-reading the posts and Path? 19 is most certainly discussed in the books and the framework for "Fan" theory/Speculation is laid.

Right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Re-reading the posts and Path? 19 is most certainly discussed in the books and the framework for "Fan" theory/Speculation is laid.

Right?
    Uh... yes. But can you find anything like the phrase "19th Loop"?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post

Right?
    No, but it is a very viable theory, no? To deny that is just being argumentative. Not saying there aren't alternative theories available, but you do have to address that one (figuratively) no? I mean it is a "2+2=4" conclusion wouldn't you say?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post

Right?
    No, but it is a very viable theory, no? To deny that is just being argumentative. Not saying there aren't alternative theories available, but you do have to address that one (figuratively) no? I mean it is a "2+2=4" conclusion wouldn't you say?
    Well, no. That's what I... just not the same veiwpoint, I guess. How about if he has done less than 19 and what it means is that 19 will be the last? More logical. But I really think it's more related to the whole meta element, still.

Gunslinger Apprentice Harrald is on a distinguished road Harrald's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Tower Connection flowchart

A number of years ago there was a flowchart of Kings books that connected to the DT series. I've been looking for this chart for the past few days and can't seem t find any trace of it. If anyone happens to have a copy of it sittin' on a hard drive somewhere, would you mind sharing it?

I'm trying to lay out my next few months reading and that chart would sure help in ordering the list. Last time I read all the books connected to the tower I read them in random order.

TIA,
    Harrald
    Insert witty comment here.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'm a little light on the Meta-Physical stuff. I tend to try to find some way to "ground" the "Meta" to reality even if through rationalixation. However, one thing seems fairly certain, the Loop we read about cannot be the final one as he clearly embarks on another as detailed in the ending with the Horn of Eld. So even if we just for the sake of keeping tabs, number the loops it would seem there were at least 2. The opening line of The Guslinger and the last line of DTVII. A case could be made for assuming there were more loops previous to (Loops 1 and 2 for example as stated in this post) The Gunslinger through various deja vu references and the use of the opening line, right? Did I say all that right? I'm starting to confuse my self!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Harrald View Post
    A number of years ago there was a flowchart of Kings books that connected to the DT series. I've been looking for this chart for the past few days and can't seem t find any trace of it. If anyone happens to have a copy of it sittin' on a hard drive somewhere, would you mind sharing it?

I'm trying to lay out my next few months reading and that chart would sure help in ordering the list. Last time I read all the books connected to the tower I read them in random order.

TIA,
    Harrald
    I remember that chart. It was on TDT.Net forums. It was pretty darn good too. Randall Flagg may be the guy to PM on that one. If anyone can find it again he's the one!!!

Great Idea!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

What forum was it in?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    What forum was it in?
    Jon,

It was a feature of the old, alternative (?) site Thedarktower.net run by a guy named Tyler if I remember correctly. Again, if I am remembering correctly, it was a sort of "pinned reference feature" on that site. It was admittingly pretty cool, but the "chart" was more relevant to the fact that the series was not yet complete. So it was more a, how do I say this, "Lost" -type link/detective kinda thing. Now that the series is finished, it could still be a valuable "guide", if you will.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. I moderated at the site. Some folks backed parts of the site. But I think it was all forums.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. I moderated at the site. Some folks backed parts of the site. But I think it was all forums.
    Cool!! I distinctly remember a "DT Links" feature on the site. I consulted it often!!! I guess it basically made a "flow-chart" from the "DT connections" King listed in his books, plus some verifiable references. It was really kinda neat!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I would reckon that is in in the great beyond.

I had to chuckle as you explaned the site to me. Funny you don't remember me. We spoke a bit.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would reckon that is in in the great beyond.

I had to chuckle as you explaned the site to me. Funny you don't remember me. We spoke a bit.
    Same Member name? or different? Were you "The Road Virus"? Or am I just getting old? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I was Walter O'dim

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was Walter O'dim
    Ok, thought you might have been "Valtron", but I stand corrected. Either way, very good to be re-acquainted!!!!! You telling me you don't remember that site feature? It was pretty cool and informative. Glad to meet ya, again!!!!! Have I changed? Have you? PM me dude, its been awhile!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Although, 19 is a bad number as far as SK/DT mythology goes, so perhaps the events of the DT series are the 19th loop and the next one...possibly the last...would be the 20th. The significance still being that the 19th loop was the one where he finally made progress (the horn).

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It has been posted over here somewhere, I think it was maybe Jean or Brice that posted it.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it couldn't be me because I hardly understand what we are talking about (maybe was too shocked by the fact that Merlin failed to recognize Jon in all these years). Trying to figure it out now; then this thread will be either merged or moved

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well, I am moving this to Tower Connections now, then we'll all try to find the chart

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhhhh!!! I know what happened to it!! It used to be the cover image for this section, but we replaced it as it was out of date (in terms of new books being published after it was made) and didn't include all the books that connected anyway. Matt posted it, I don't know if he still has the image but he doesn't really post here anymore.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Does this help? I don't know if it's the same one, but this is what I found with a quick google search.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I emailed Tyler (who used to own TDT.net) and he was nice enough to send me this. *Link*. I know it's out of date and not the chart I'm looking for...but it's a starting place.

Edited to maybe work.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Does this help? I don't know if it's the same one, but this is what I found with a quick google search.
    Thanks heather, yeah that looks like the old TDT.Net as I recall it. It should actually be current unless you are looking to incorporate the comics and WTTK into it. However, as I recall it was more a tool for research and maybe a map to reading, if you will, than anything else.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The one we had here, which I remember from .net, had the covers of the books on it.

Harrald, I can't see what you've posted, just got the dreaded red cross in a white box.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It's been so bloody long since I posted here, I can't remember how to do anything. I'll work on that. Also I can't see what Heather added.

I feel like a noob all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    <<SNIP>>

Harrald, I can't see what you've posted, just got the dreaded red cross in a white box.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast