Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Mia Farrowing

Along the Path of the Beam Weirdmonger is on a distinguished road Weirdmonger's Avatar

Default Mia Farrowing

In my real-time review of W of the C - so far - I have sort of experimented in relating Mia (the todash form of SOD (Susannah,Odetta, Detta)) to Mia Farrow - eg the actress in Rosemary's Baby - and today in the 'nightmare' scene we have a pig roast etc related to the 'chap' she carries. And 'farrowing' literally means 'giving birth to piglets'. I presume someone has drawn attention to this before???
    df lewis

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

uh, not that I have heard WMer. Interesting observation....care to elaborate ?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears are not sure what they think

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

well she has not a distinction that some women have enjoyed, but she is and imo has been interesting.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Along the Path of the Beam Weirdmonger is on a distinguished road Weirdmonger's Avatar

Well, as far as I've reached in the W of the C (DT V), Mia (i.e. the todash version of Susannah pregnant with a demon?) has the same name as Mia Farrow who, as an actress, is carrying a demon in Rosemary's Baby. In the chapter I've just read, there is in a nightmarish scene with a connection between a pig roast and the baby she carries. The word 'farrow' in English means to give birth to piglets.

My continuing review of W of the C is on my blog.
    df lewis

I have other theories about the Dark Tower series, so far, in my blogged Real-Time Reviews of it.
    Like Oy being a representative of the reader i.e. you - or I (Oy). Or not just a representative but actually IS you. IS me.
    However, the Mia Farrowing theory seems pretty watertight.
    Whatever the case, Google indicates that nobody has identified this linkage before.
    df lewis

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice catch on the Mia thing. I do think it is a bit of veiled reference to Rosemary's Baby, it seems a bit too tidy to simply be a coincidence. King certainly knows his horror fiction/film. I think he mentions RB several times in Danse Macabre, if memory serves...it likely still registers a good-sized blip on his cultural radar.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oh

Meantime, I sense that the Piper at the Gates of King wants his Third Eye to reabsorb this book's essence after its todash of inter-futurine gestation within my free-loading reader-brain.

Country
    Country Flag

I like this last sentence. It has all the overtones of the noble insanity bears appreciate so much. The same goes for the title hypothesis of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I like this last sentence. It has all the overtones of the noble insanity bears appreciate so much. The same goes for the title hypothesis of the thread.
    Thanks,
    This iis my earlier RETROCAUSAL BEAR page: http://nullimmortalis.wordpress.com/...rocausal-bear/

(You can find all my real-time reviews for DARK TOWER linked from here: http://nullimmortalis.wordpress.com/...ark-tower-etc/ )

Country
    Country Flag

oh, great! please have a look at our BearrrRRRrrrs thread

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdmonger View Post
    Meantime, I sense that the Piper at the Gates of King wants his Third Eye to reabsorb this book's essence after its todash of inter-futurine gestation within my free-loading reader-brain.
    Just a tip, If, I were you, I would give the "Mind-Altering Drugs" a brief, but much needed hiatus. They are beginning to show signs of having a lasting affect.

Just a precaution, mind you.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

I prefer Jean's tentative view of 'noble insanity'.
    I've never taken 'mind-altering drugs' in my whole 63 years of life ... unless I was force-fed them in the very early years.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Who needs drugs when we've got Stephen King?

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Who needs drugs when we've got Stephen King?
    Indeed, I agree. And isn't that one of the more didactic points made in 'The Dark Tower' series itself?
    des

I think, having now reached the Susannah-Mio, Divided Girl of Mine – 10th Stanza chapter in 'SoS', that the Mia Farrowing theory above is now connected with the Prim and Mia also being seen in her twenties during that chapter.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, but I think you're off your Meds!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

I don't know if you're joking or not. But referring to my drug habits, I do take amiss. Not that I have any drug habits, other than a glass of wine with dinner in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdmonger View Post
    I don't know if you're joking or not. But referring to my drug habits, I do take amiss. Not that I have any drug habits, other than a glass of wine with dinner in the evening.
    I am pleased to report that Merlin1958 and I have mutually apologised by private message. And I promise to try to shape up better with forum protocols.

df lewis
    http://nullimmortalis.wordpress.com/...ark-tower-etc/