Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2026

Thread: 11/22/63 Collecting Discussion

Gunslinger Apprentice mikeyw is on a distinguished road

had a friend and his wife try as they are US based - she got the sorry sod off email, but he has had nothing - dont know if that means we still have a chance.....

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Ms Mod wrote, "I was told last week that the hardcover (not limited) edition is in its third printing for a total of 760,000 US and 108,000 Canadian copies."

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

3rd printing already? wow They must not have printed that many in the 1st printing then, or the second for that matter.
    Christine

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Just got this from amazon.co.uk re the signed edition I pre ordered through them:
    Hello,
    We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :
    Stephen King "11/22/63 Special Signed Edition"
    Estimated arrival date: December 16 2011
    One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.
    You haven't been charged for this item yet. We do not debit money from your payment card until just before your items are dispatched.
    We will send you a dispatch confirmation email on the date of dispatch.
    Warmest regards,
    Customer Service Department

I think they may be out of the loop a bit...
    Hey that just might be where the unclaimed one go........lol

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My (Mr. Rabbit Trick's) SL is out for delivery today. YAY!
    Christine

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I placed an order with thebookdepository.co.uk in July and I paid $112.50 including shipping. They still have the item status as "awaiting publication". I have my fingers crossed that something crazy will happen.

Country
    Country Flag

Could someone who has theirs show us a picture that explains the "Extra" sticker?
    I sounds strange to me.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. It sounds to me that the jacket is two pieces, held together by a sticker.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Sorry these are so small - my camera is packed up so I had to use my cellphone:

It is signed just like UTD was on the blank page. The cover is die-cut on the top. The EXTRA is a sticker holding the front cover folded. It looks like it might be the back cover of the trade with the Assassination Stopped. Lee Harvey is on the front board and JFK is on the back. I think the book itself is the same paper. All in all, a nice presentation.
    That is so strange looking. Pretty cool though and not all at the same time.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Sorry these are so small - my camera is packed up so I had to use my cellphone:

It is signed just like UTD was on the blank page. The cover is die-cut on the top. The EXTRA is a sticker holding the front cover folded. It looks like it might be the back cover of the trade with the Assassination Stopped. Lee Harvey is on the front board and JFK is on the back. I think the book itself is the same paper. All in all, a nice presentation.
    That is so strange looking. Pretty cool though and not all at the same time.
    I was brave/stupid and unstuck mine. Not a very strong adhesive so it did no damage to the cover or sticker. There are also 2 little dabs of that silicon glue they use to hold credit cards to the paper they mail it to you on. It unfolds into a wider headline that does a pretty good job of mimicing the wording of the trade's back cover. I didn't take a picture of it, but I can tonight when I get home.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe the 3rd printing is for amazon and distributors? Only saying this because local Chapters/Coles have literally stacks of the first printing for 50% off.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    1. No luck with the original S&S ordering clusterf**k.
    2. Personal email lottery entry fail.
    3. Work email lottery entry fail.
    Three Time Loser!

Congratulations to those of you who made it through either the original opening day fiasco or via lottery entry and won one or more copies for yourself and family or friends.

Not feeling a whole lot of love at the moment for those who ended up with multiple copies and are now looking to maximize profit. But that goes with the territory, I'll get over it.
    I agree. To sell it on eBay is one thing but to turn a 100% profit on your peers (I'd say we more or less are on here, regardless of age) is a faux paux, shows a bit of lack of 'style,' and frankly, makes one IMO look like an asshole. I'm 99% sure that everyone on here would gladly pay a decent 'finders fee' anyways and that 1% would look like assholes too.

I honestly wish I could apologize for the tone of my post, but that is how I feel.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    1. No luck with the original S&S ordering clusterf**k.
    2. Personal email lottery entry fail.
    3. Work email lottery entry fail.
    Three Time Loser!

Congratulations to those of you who made it through either the original opening day fiasco or via lottery entry and won one or more copies for yourself and family or friends.

Not feeling a whole lot of love at the moment for those who ended up with multiple copies and are now looking to maximize profit. But that goes with the territory, I'll get over it.
    I agree. To sell it on eBay is one thing but to turn a 100% profit on your peers (I'd say we more or less are on here, regardless of age) is a faux paux, shows a bit of lack of 'style,' and frankly, makes one IMO look like an asshole. I'm 99% sure that everyone on here would gladly pay a decent 'finders fee' anyways and that 1% would look like assholes too.

I honestly wish I could apologize for the tone of my post, but that is how I feel.
    Has anyone here sold one at twice retail?

Country
    Country Flag

Don't know, don't care, I saw posts for $350.

I know I'll catch heat for my post but that sort of thing rubs me the wrong way.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know I'll catch heat for my post but that sort of thing rubs me the wrong way.
    You aren't catching heat from me. I too think it's a little distasteful to gouge your fellow member. I don't think a price of $225-$250 is outrageous, but i am not selling mine anyway.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I honestly don't get it. With all of the buying and selling and profiteering that goes on on this site, why are the people who want to make money off of this one particular book singled out? Is there anybody on this site that will sell me any Stephen King S/L (other than UtD) at its cover price?

(And I get what you mean about tone; I know I sound like a jerk but that's how I feel as well.)

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

You aren't catching heat from me. I too think it's a little distasteful to gouge your fellow member. I don't think a price of $225-$250 is outrageous, but i am not selling mine anyway.
    I would want at least $60.00 for my trouble.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I placed an order with thebookdepository.co.uk in July and I paid $112.50 including shipping. They still have the item status as "awaiting publication". I have my fingers crossed that something crazy will happen.
    I contacted them. They told me they won't be getting the book and they sent me a refund.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to be 100% honest about this, but I think it's mostly to get it off my chest and explain myself a bit.

I was able to order 2 copies. One for myself and one for my wife, sent to her parent's house using her maiden name. I am by no means a well-to-do person and something like this S/L ranks near the top of my collection in terms of value. The ONLY WAY I can convince my wife to let me buy a $150 book is to assure her that I can make most/all of the cost back by buying a second and selling it.

So we sold our 2nd copy on eBay for $350 BIN. Even with all that my wife is still annoyed to shit. $15 for a trade, $25 for a UK version, $120 for the HS limited.

Yes I could have offered this second book to members here, and if I was in a financial situation where i didn't HAVE TO sell the 2nd copy to justify my keeping copy, then I would have.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Cook;652296]

I would want at least $60.00 for my trouble.
    And you'd get it. I mentioned the 'finders fee' and $60 is more than reasonable. That's decent profit for sending an email/using hack-a-cart and then slapping someone else's address on the package. I wasn't talking about selling the damned thing for issue price.

Fulman, I think it bugs me because we all collectively sat through this clusterfuck and it's his newest book. And I have sold King S/Ls at issue price to people on here. Not always but I have and I have also bought books at close to issue price.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    I'm going to be 100% honest about this, but I think it's mostly to get it off my chest and explain myself a bit.

I was able to order 2 copies. One for myself and one for my wife, sent to her parent's house using her maiden name. I am by no means a well-to-do person and something like this S/L ranks near the top of my collection in terms of value. The ONLY WAY I can convince my wife to let me buy a $150 book is to assure her that I can make most/all of the cost back by buying a second and selling it.

So we sold our 2nd copy on eBay for $350 BIN. Even with all that my wife is still annoyed to shit. $15 for a trade, $25 for a UK version, $120 for the HS limited.

Yes I could have offered this second book to members here, and if I was in a financial situation where i didn't HAVE TO sell the 2nd copy to justify my keeping copy, then I would have.
    This is what I mean... I feel like such a King S/L Nazi right fucking now.

Strangely enough, and off topic, my wife seems to understand owning S/Ls more than multiple trade editions so you better go and kiss yours and say 'thanks dear.'

Country
    Country Flag

I think trying to sell it on ebay for $350.00 is one thing but to try to sell it on this site for $350.00 is another.

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

Does anyone know if there are more emails to come? I havent gotten either a yea or a nay.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think trying to sell it on ebay for $350.00 is one thing but to try to sell it on this site for $350.00 is another.
    This makes a lot of sense. It may be unreasonable to feel as Wedealinlead feels to some, but we were all working together for a common purpose last Tuesday. That feeling of "working together" can leave a bad taste I can certainly understand that sentiment. I'm not saying he's right and other's are wrong, just that I can understand the sentiment.

I ordered one for a fellow member for no expectation of gain whatsoever. I suppose ultimately it's up to each individual as to how they feel. Don't think there's a clear cut right/wrong here.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice stevohump will become famous soon enough stevohump's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    This makes a lot of sense. It may be unreasonable to feel as Wedealinlead feels to some, but we were all working together for a common purpose last Tuesday. That feeling of "working together" can leave a bad taste I can certainly understand that sentiment. I'm not saying he's right and other's are wrong, just that I can understand the sentiment.

I ordered one for a fellow member for no expectation of gain whatsoever. I suppose ultimately it's up to each individual as to how they feel. Don't think there's a clear cut right/wrong here.
    I completely agree. The only reason my copy is coming in the mail today is because of this forum and the people on it. For those of you that got a extra copy and need to make a little extra money, I think you should find the people outside of this forum. J.M.O. tho
    ROLL TIDE......14 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

The souls of humans have become poor and transparent things.
    - Elvid in "Fair Extension"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast