Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    The seller responded. He's willing to issue a refund, but doesn't want to pay return shipping.

He says, ""first printing in North America: April 2013" appears on the title and publication pages in the front of the book that I sent to you. The numbers 2 through 10 appear because editions 2 through 10 had not yet been printed."

I can't believe the depth of ignorance involved.

So everyone who has a full numberline copy. That numberline includes the number 1 to let you know it has "not yet been printed."

I am responding to him explaining the way it actually works. I want to include a picture of the copyright page of a first printing. The only one I can find on tdt.org is out of focus. Can someone upload, or link me to, a good picture of the US edition copyright page of The Cuckoo's Calling?
    How's this?

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd also tell him that there is no mention of JR Rowling on the inside front flap. She is only noted on a second or later printing.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, I used the picture and also linked to the article it was in. I explained the reasoning behind the numberline. I mentioned the lack of reference to Rowling in the first printing, and pointed out that she is mentioned on the dustjacket of the book he sent.

I'm not sure he'll get it. He seems remarkably obtuse.
    Last edited by Br!an; 12-07-2013 at 04:42 AM.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

One more thing to add is the boards of the first us printing are grey and black, while later printings are all black m

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm continuing this in the Dealers to Avoid thread with the whole messaging conversation between us.

Book-Dealers-eBay-dt.org-Members-to-Avoid-like-the-Plague

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if the seller is really that obtuse or just plain stupid.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I wonder if the seller is really that obtuse or just plain stupid.

John
    I never really took a good look at the book. I saw it was a second edition and set it aside. Now I've looked at it. It isn't pretty. There is a corner ding, board ding, food(?) stain, crinkly (moisture?) pages, slight spine lean, crushed spine ends and general use and abuse.

Buyer Protection guarantees me the purchase price and shipping. I might have to eat the return shipping though. He isn't going to pay it unless eBay makes him.

This will be the first time I ever gave anyone negative feedback. I didn't even give brennan negative feedback and he sold me a forgery. He gave me a full refund and paid return shipping though.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished Cuckoos Calling, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Very good crime novel and I hope she keeps writing them.

Gunslinger Apprentice pmtarantino is on a distinguished road

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2013/09/12/...otter-spinoff/

JK Rowling Announces Harry Potter Spinoff Movie 'Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them'

I thought today was April 1st for a second.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

She's been full of surprises lately.
    Mark Twain

Maria, a Harry Potter collector, is selling some of her books to purchase a signed 1st/1st Philosopher's Stone:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/mariaeden123...1&_ipg=&_from=

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Some really nice items there!

John

Country
    Country Flag

I hope she gets there. That will be a pricey purchase.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

JK Rowling will write a couple of movies based on the HP universe... prior to the appearance of Harry Potter.
    Will be busy as there will also be a BBC serie based on A PLACE TO TAKE novel. Which was deadly boring.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

The mail came today!

These are my last acquisitions:

Cuckoo's Calling US Editions, 1st printing and Proof Copy:

The Chamber of Secrets, UK 1st printing:

The new US boxset, illustrated by Kazu Kibuishi. The boxset is signed and dedicated, and every book inside is signed:

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! Amazing adquisitions!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful! Congratulations!

John

Thanks

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, on ebay :
    Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone 1/1 Paperback Signed by J K Rowling >>> went for $4,300

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Harry-Pott...OIBUAA:FR:3160
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

on Ebay, the green rare proof copy (UK) of Azkaban:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Harry-Pott...arian_Books_UK

It is republished. I purchased it for 750 GBP (yes, it was still a bargain) but I had some troubles the day previous to the end of the auction. The seller understood my circumstances (luckily!) and he relisted it.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Think i was the one and only person in world without HP books.
    Some years ago, i bought some German dialect Harry Potter books for an US colletor, we make a nice trade deal.
    One of my birthday presents from a friend was a surprise...
    Harry Potter un der Wunnersteen (HP1) in Plattdeutsch
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plattdeutsch

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can easily read this, frank.So close to our language.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Bloomsbury will publish in 2015 a new illustrated edition of HARRY POTTER
    >>>http://www.theguardian.com/books/201...trated-jim-kay

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I blame Chad.

UK Deluxe 1st prints.

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast