Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Your Favorite Collectible Items

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can someone help me find a 'Salem's Lot that will fit into The Collector's traycase?

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Can someone help me find a 'Salem's Lot that will fit into The Collector's traycase?
    PM Sent

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

Bob, does your original list remain the same or would you change it today?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Bob, does your original list remain the same or would you change it today?
    I don't know. I haven't looked back through this thread in a long time so I don't know what is on the list I posted. Probably it would be the same. I don't think I have added much of note in the past few years.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Here are my current "Top 10."

Whelan painting from THE GUNSLINGER. My favorite painting from my favorite specialty press book.

Final galley proof of THE SHINING. My favorite King novel.

"Wimsey" manuscript. 15 typewritten pages of unpublished manuscript.

Letter written by King to Forrest Ackerman at age 14.

First state dust jacket for 'SALEM'S LOT.

Lettered (asbestos) FIRESTARTER.

Comics Review #3 with two chapters from "I Was a Teen-Age Graverobber." I got King to sign this in 1998.

Stephen Gervais' artwork for the dust jacket for Grant's edition of CHRISTINE.

Salt Hill #1 with King's poem "Dino." I think because this is relatively new and I had so much trouble finding one that this is a current favorite.

A couple of signed/inscribed copies of CARRIE from King's first "official" book signing.

Here's your original list, Bob.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm. I would replace the Comics Review #3 with the complete set that I bought a while back. I might replace something with copies of The Stand and 'Salem's Lot with lengthy and very personal inscriptions to his daughter Naomi. Otherwise I would probably keep most everything else. I still am really proud of the Salt Hill. I couldn't find a copy to buy at any price and stumbled on to that copy for $20 late one Saturday afternoon on ABE. One of my best finds.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to know. And yes...that complete set of Comics Review is, I think, the most impressive item I ever saw in dt.org.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would have loved to see King's face when you asked him to sign those!
    And i wonder if King ever asked a fan if he could "get/buy" one of those scarce items that people asked him to sign
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. There are many awesome items here but that one is jaw dropping.

And yes...that complete set of Comics Review is, I think, the most impressive item I ever saw in dt.org.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

+1. Although Explorer's early 60's Triad Publishing ad is almost as good! That has to be the oldest King item in the hands of a collector...

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Now those are some rare items, Carlos! Very impressive.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    +1. Although Explorer's early 60's Triad Publishing ad is almost as good! That has to be the oldest King item in the hands of a collector...
    I don't remember about this ad? Would you post a pic of it?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW.. thanks Ari, for pointing it out to me. If I had to say my top 10... they would be in no order:

This for the work and story in getting it

This cause I had goosebumps when I got it. I was losing it when I opened it! Never really told the story but it was a gift from Audrey (Micheal's wife)

These books from my first King meet.. and I won the two on the ends from his collection. So proud!

My first oil painting from Whelan. What a master. PERIOD!

This is a personalized card Mr. Whelan sent me that I did not expect. He doodled ALL over the inside of it. haha I am very proud of it.

My matching perfect condition Dark Tower set.

My lettered IT... this book was my first King book. Very special to me.

My customized made Constant Reader "book ends"... amazing to look at and touch.

My matching Lettered SOD's. I think these books presented open like this.. make people (I have seen it more than once when I show people) gasp in a breath!

AND... THE LAST... I CANNOT SHOW. The reason is I do not have a picture yet. It is currently in transit to me. I will post lots when I get it... BUT I AM VERY EXCITED TO SAY THE LEAST. IT is a LARGE piece of art is all I will say...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think I saw this piece before. AMAZING!!

Congratulations! Awesome items!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    WOW.. thanks Ari, for pointing it out to me. If I had to say my top 10... they would be in no order:

This for the work and story in getting it

This cause I had goosebumps when I got it. I was losing it when I opened it! Never really told the story but it was a gift from Audrey (Micheal's wife)

These books from my first King meet.. and I won the two on the ends from his collection. So proud!

My first oil painting from Whelan. What a master. PERIOD!

This is a personalized card Mr. Whelan sent me that I did not expect. He doodled ALL over the inside of it. haha I am very proud of it.

My matching perfect condition Dark Tower set.

My lettered IT... this book was my first King book. Very special to me.

My customized made Constant Reader "book ends"... amazing to look at and touch.

My matching Lettered SOD's. I think these books presented open like this.. make people (I have seen it more than once when I show people) gasp in a breath!

AND... THE LAST... I CANNOT SHOW. The reason is I do not have a picture yet. It is currently in transit to me. I will post lots when I get it... BUT I AM VERY EXCITED TO SAY THE LEAST. IT is a LARGE piece of art is all I will say...
    Truly marvelous, Kris!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jaw-dropping stuff there, Kris!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I don't remember about this ad? Would you post a pic of it?
    I remember seeing it, and it was great! It was mentionning some more stories to come by Triad Publishing, but those were not published apparently !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys. Blushing here compared to some of the other things you all have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Great stuff Kris!!!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great items Kris, thanks for sharing them here.

Those are great items, Kris. Thanks for showing them.

Country
    Country Flag

Again... Thanks guys. Showing people that appricate it means the world to me as a collector. I love to share stuff like this. My firends/family at home will look... BUT not see what I (and you guys) see. It is a passion of mine.. and will be till I die. (picture me a few hours from now holding a big glass of beer) Cheers to all you fine men and women on here who appreciate each others passion and collectables!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well stated!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great to see this thread resurrected with some fine collectibles!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5