Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: All's Well That Ends Well

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default All's Well That Ends Well

Lately, I've heard and seen a lot of discussion regarding terrible book endings. This thread is a place to discuss the opposite. What are some of your favorite book/series endings?

*Note - Please remember to mark spoilers if you go into specifics!

A few off the top of my head:

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card - AWESOME ending. I was totally surprised and did not see it coming.

1984 by George Orwell - This book had a terrifying ending and truly scared me.
    Spoiler:
    I loved it's negative tone and those last 4 words..."He loved big brother", gave me chills

Fevre Dream by George R. R. Martin - A genuinely touching ending.

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult - Another ending I was completely shocked by. It left me in tears.

Harry Potter series - I loved the ending, even the epilogue. It left me totally emotionally satisfied.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I really liked the ending of American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I thought it wrapped things up nicely on the other side of the pond. Also, prior to that bit, the final battle was pretty awesome as well.

Spoiler:
    At the end, I really like Odin's pronouncement of "He was me, yes. But I am not him."

I have never gotten around to finishing what there is of The Wheel of Time series, but the ending to book six is amazing. When
    Spoiler:
    Rand forcibly makes all of those Aes Sedai kneel and swear fealty to him after being tortured and taking so much shit from them for six books,

I literally threw the book down and stood up cheering.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I really loved the ending of the Dark Tower series. It was one of the best endings and most appropriate. I feel there really couldn't have been a better ending.

I also loved the ending of The Dark Elf trilogy regarding Drizzt-R.A. Salvatore. Homeland had an awesome ending, as did Sojourn. I need to get into the rest of the Dark Elf series.

I liked the ending to the short story The Mist-Stephen King.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I really liked 1984's ending too!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the ending to Confessor was appropriate. And satisfying. Quite frankly it didnt go the way i thought it would but how it all turned out was satisfying.
    If you love me then love me..

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

dt7
    best ending ever
    or worst
    I can't decide
    that's what makes it great

The ending of Jem by Frederick Pohl

if you haven't read any Pohl that one book alone is absolutely amazing
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the ending of David Copperfield. Every time I have read it, it feels perfect.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved the ending to King's novella in Full Dark , No Stars, "A Good Marriage". It was perfect.

John

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Momo by Michael Ende was solid. Even the ending!!!!!

Blonde Bombshell by Tom Holt was outstanding! Especially the ending!!!

I will think of more later.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

I really liked the ending of The Shawshank Redemption. Actually, that whole story was really amazing.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I loved the ending to King's novella in Full Dark , No Stars, "A Good Marriage". It was perfect.

John
    Bingo!!! I thought that was great ending as well.

I'll got with the ending of "The Lord of the Rings". That was perfect, so bittersweet.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    dt7
    best ending ever
    or worst
    I can't decide
    that's what makes it great
    Finally, a rationale I can agree with!

+ Reply to Thread