Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Artist- Rachel Readman

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still get enquiries about the hand painted edition. 7 years after they sold out (in just 2 weeks) back in 2006.

As I have discussed with the 'Haven Fund Whore' Bill and Jerome over this past week, I'm offering a special limited time deal on the Constant Reader sculpture (bronze or silver)...

They will be reduced to £85 (plus shipping/insurance) and for every one sold from now until 19th May, £10 will be donated to the haven fund. So a saving of £15 and you are donating to a great cause in the process.

Anyone already inquiring recently will be given this same deal too!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    I still get enquiries about the hand painted edition. 7 years after they sold out (in just 2 weeks) back in 2006.

As I have discussed with the 'Haven Fund Whore' Bill and Jerome over this past week, I'm offering a special limited time deal on the Constant Reader sculpture (bronze or silver)...

They will be reduced to £85 (plus shipping/insurance) and for every one sold from now until 19th May, £10 will be donated to the haven fund. So a saving of £15 and you are donating to a great cause in the process.

Anyone already inquiring recently will be given this same deal too!
    Very generous, Rachel!!!! You Rock!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

An update for you all...

I'll have the wood bases for the Crimson King sculpture tomorrow and also the third finished sculpture will come out of the mould.

The first finished base for the Haven Fund Jake & Oy 'Silflay' will also be done tomorrow. I have the nameplates for Silflay all done too and they turned out great. The HF sculpture will come out of the mould tomorrow ready for me to get to work on.

Next phase is for me to get on with the packaging for both sculptures which will take about 4 weeks.

I'll update with some photos soon!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

An update for you all...

I'll have the wood bases for the Crimson King sculpture tomorrow and also the third finished sculpture will come out of the mould.

The first finished base for the Haven Fund Jake & Oy 'Silflay' will also be done tomorrow. I have the nameplates for Silflay all done too and they turned out great. The HF sculpture will come out of the mould tomorrow ready for me to get to work on.

Next phase is for me to get on with the packaging for both sculptures which will take about 4 weeks.

You heard it here first, folks!!! Get your HF funds ready this will no doubt be an auction you do NOT want to miss out on!!!

Many, many thanks, Rachel!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

An update for you all...

Thanks for the update Rachel......looking forward to seeing the finished products....Brian.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Question, and this might have been asked before (if so, I apologize) ... Would owners of the hand painted Constant Reader Statues be given a chance to match their numbers? I assume the same numbers on the Crimson King and Silflay would be hand painted as well? Thanks!

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Out of curiosity, I would want to know how the hand-painted ones were numbered, because I have Constant Reader #17, and it isn't painted.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine's #10, handpainted.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Mine's #10, handpainted.
    But you don't get the next one #10.
    I pre-ordered that specific #.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't know pre-orders were available yet. Very nice! Hey everyone, pre-orders are available!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey everyone, just want to clear things up so you all know what's happening:

Future matching numbers will be available to those who now own the Constant Reader sculpture. I will send out emails to current owners and update the thread here to let everyone know when and how to pre-order. I am probably going to have to put a time limit on how long people have to confirm they want their matching numbers and place a solid order and pay.

It's going to be 4-5 weeks before the Jake & Oy will be available to order as I have packaging to be manufactured and the lead time is 4 weeks for that. I may be able to take pre-orders before this but I will let you all know. Packaging will be similar to the Constant Reader sculpture with black leather look presentation case, hot foil embossed and white satin lined.

The Crimson King sculpture is ready barring shipping crates, which again will be some 4 weeks or more and then I have to send one to Michael Whelan for his final approval and iron out the details on retailing. This is one big heavy piece compared to the others measuring just over 13 inches high and 13 inches across the widest part at the bottom of the base and I think it weighs about 15KG+ without the crate. About 460 human skulls (I lost count) around the size of the average thumbnail all individually tailored with cracks, bullet holes etc have gone into it! The jesters staff with the babies skull rammed onto it is cast in solid bronze and the base made in cherry wood with a profiled edge that is shaped to a human skull and angled to a precise 27 degrees so it flows up with the steps leading up to the throne. The base also creates a 'floating like effect' as it has a finger grip groove cut deep into the edge profile, hard to explain but you'll understand when you see it. I can honestly say that over 2 years of full time work has gone into it, probably much more than that in fact (again I lost count) and I still have to cast, finish and mount each individual piece as they are ordered. It has turned out beautifully macabre!

The other two not yet announced sculptures I have hinted at are in the pipeline but I have to get everything else done and underway before I even think about releasing them as I am only a one woman show I can't do it all at once.

OK, the numbering for the Constant Reader sculpture... Some people wanted to choose their number and others didn't mind, so I did all the painted editions first and they all sold immediately. They took up most of the first 19 numbers except for numbers 99 and number 21 so the numbers went like so:

1 Hand Painted
    2 Hand Painted
    3 Hand Painted
    4 Hand Painted
    5 Hand Painted
    6 Hand Painted
    7 Hand Painted
    8 Hand Painted
    9 Hand Painted
    10 Hand Painted
    11 Hand Painted
    12 Hand Painted
    13 Hand Painted
    14 Hand Painted
    15 Hand Painted
    16 Hand Painted
    17 Antique Silver
    18 Antique Silver
    19 Hand Painted
    21 Hand Painted
    99 Hand Painted

All other numbers are either bronze or silver or are still available to purchase.

Created a bit of confusion but I only did what was asked for to make people happy and give the numbers wanted on a first come first served basis. I will have to continue this numbering for future editions I guess to keep it all in line. Good job I kept records of everything!

I hope this information clears everything up and gives a little more besides, but if there is ever anything else you wish to know please just ask here or contact me by email and I will get back to you.

Rachel X

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the update, Rachel. When you are contacting the Constant Reader sculpture owners, please remember me as the owner of #3 (I bought it on the secondary market as you may recall).

I'm really looking forward to these upcoming releases!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't worry Patrick, I got my beady eye on you! LOL

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't worry Patrick, I got my beady eye on you! LOL
    <3
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

A bit of a heads up for the Haven Fund auction for Jake & Oy - Silflay...

I wasn't happy with how the first wooden base turned out for the Silflay sculpture, the piece just didn't sit right on it so I decided i wanted to rework the design and profile.

The new base is now cut and I'm happy with it. It will be stained and laquered today and finished with final coats in the morning so by luchtime tomorrow it will be ready to take photos. I'll send photos to Merlin as soon as I get them done and likely they'll get posted here too. The auction can then go ahead. I couldn't get it done any faster and pulled out all the stops to make it happen in time for the end of the Haven Fundraiser on 19/5.

I'm not sure when the auction will begin and whether it will be a 7, 5 or 3 day and will leave that up to Jerome and Bill to decide and let everyone know.

Let's make it to that $12,000 goal and happy bidding to those who wish to partake!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. Hopefully we will have images by Sunday 5/12/13 for a 7 day auction.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

We truly appreciate the work you've put in for our Haven Foundation Fundraiser, Rachel. Thank you so much, you're one of a kind.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    We truly appreciate the work you've put in for our Haven Foundation Fundraiser, Rachel. Thank you so much, you're one of a kind.

She certainly is!!! Many thanks, Rachel!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well here goes everyone, as promised here are the details and photos of the Haven Fund Jake & Oy - Silflay sculpture:

I'll be customising by adding another book to the sculpture, Charlie the choo choo which will have a picture painted into the book of Charlie and I was thinking of a sign nailed onto the tree pointing the way to LUD, something like "<LUD 400 wheels" or the buyer can opt to have something else on the sign if they so choose (as long as it will fit).

The limitation plate is polished stainless steel which is like a mirror but cannot be seen well in photos. The decals are deep chemical etched with painted finish. Oy gave the piece his seal of approval too ...

More close up photographs and the antique bronze finish sculpture can be can be seen earlier in this thread for those that have not seen them.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks AWESOME!! Congratulations for such an excellent craft!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That is incredible Rachel! Very generous of you to donate this piece to the auction.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would love to have this! I wish my bank account would agree. Wonderful donation, amazing talent!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Unbelievably fantastic. FYI, the item goes up for auction tomorrow. I also have some additional pics.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast