Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Artist- Rachel Readman

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    A quick update for everyone...

I'm almost done with the two oil paintings I was working on.

A few minor adjustments are being made to the flight case for the Crimson King sculpture but all is well with the case otherwise. I'm going to get to work painting the scuplture for Michael Whelan this weekend and likely have it done by the end of the week, all being well. Everything is in place and appears that I'll be good to go once Michael receives the sculpture and we iron out any discussion.

As always I'll keep you all up to date and post photos when I get it done and ready to ship to Michael!

Thanks for the update........

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Almost done painting the Crimson King sculpture for Michael Whelan. Just got his arms and face to do and then final touching up and perfecting and it will be ready for UV protecting varnish and mounting to the base. Photos to come soon!
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Almost done painting the Crimson King sculpture for Michael Whelan. Just got his arms and face to do and then final touching up and perfecting and it will be ready for UV protecting varnish and mounting to the base. Photos to come soon!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent news!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

OK here goes nothing. Detailed shots of the first painted tester piece. As I say this may not be exact to how it ends up and is not perfected by any means!

Michael Whelan has seen these photos and he said he doesn't like painted sculptures. Originally we talked about only offering the bronze and possibly a silver option. After seeing these pictures he said that I had changed his mind about painted sculpture and that he wants one of them.

well... I've so far only collected art that was actually used to illustrate king stories... paintings and drawings.... but I'm thinking I might just have to expand my horizons since this is looking so damned amazing.
    Thinking the hand-painted version for me.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I gotta figure out away to get me one of these. This may just be your finest work to date, my dear lady-friend!!! PM is coming!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I definitely want one.....

Wow.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    I definitely want one.....

Wow.
    As do I, my friend. As do I!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I really can't wait to know the price...so I know how much time do I have to save for it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not too much longer to wait. I'm setting up the compressor and spray gun today and will apply the UV protecting varnish in layers over the next few days. Once that is done and dry it will be ready to mount to the base and ship to Michael. I'm aiming to begin taking pre-orders before the Christmas holidays begin.

Photos should be up here by the end of the coming week.

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Not too much longer to wait. I'm setting up the compressor and spray gun today and will apply the UV protecting varnish in layers over the next few days. Once that is done and dry it will be ready to mount to the base and ship to Michael. I'm aiming to begin taking pre-orders before the Christmas holidays begin.

Photos should be up here by the end of the coming week.
    Awesome, that's plenty of time to figure out which kidney to sell!
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Final coat of varnish applied this morning. As soon as it's dry I'll take some photos and post them up here.

The new website is slowly taking shape thanks to Zelig (Paul) and my husband Mick. You're doing a great job boys, THANK YOU!!!! A long way to go before it's completely finished and looking its best but the address for the secure site is:

https://www.rachelreadman.com

You can also visit it at:

rachelreadman.com
    rachelreadman.co.uk
    blackrookstudios.com
    blackrookstudios.co.uk

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Crimson King sculpture is now mounted on the base. Just the limitation plate to polish up a bit and fit to the underside and the adjusted flight case arrives today. As long as the flight case checks out as it should then I'm ready to ship to Michael. Looking good for pre-orders on 1st December!

Photos coming on Friday...

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

The Crimson King sculpture is now mounted on the base. Just the limitation plate to polish up a bit and fit to the underside and the adjusted flight case arrives today. As long as the flight case checks out as it should then I'm ready to ship to Michael. Looking good for pre-orders on 1st December!

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope that there is a deposit/payment plan type of thing for this. Money is going to be tight for a LOT of folks as we head into the holidays....but I can't wait to hopefully be able to order one! Even my non-SK fan husband thinks this is a kickass sculpture!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It really is beautiful.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

All will be revealed soon. I can't announce anything until I discuss everything with Michael. I fully understand people having to manage finances and I will do the best I can to accomodate where possible and within reason!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

All will be revealed soon. I can't announce anything until I discuss everything with Michael. I fully understand people having to manage finances and I will do the best I can to accomodate where possible and within reason!
    Even us poor folks?

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

You, poor? Nah, I don't believe it Simon. You don't know the meaning of the word. Haha. You could always sell some books and trade down that flashy Beemer for a Dacia (yeah right, like that's going to happen, he says). 'sides, I'm one of those poor struggling artist folks meself. Just as I said, where possible and within reason.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey all, Here are the photos of the finished Crimson King sculptures. I have refined the colours and paint job on the painted edition compared to photos of the first proof earlier in the thread. The painted edition in these photos is now ready to ship to Michael next week!

Both editions together...

Hand painted edition...

The painted Jester's Staff...

Bronze edition...

The limitation plate mounted in the underside of the cherrywood base on the painted sculpture. Personalised for Michael...

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely outstanding Rachel. That is simply stunning.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh. My. Goodness. Wow.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks terrific Rachel! Amazing work.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW! That's just amazing Rachel . Thanks for sharing the photos

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Fabulous work Rachel!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast