Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Artist- Rachel Readman

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

How deep is the Palaver wall hanging?

I'm trying to determine how deep of a shadowbox would be needed to encase it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post

Just my 3 beans, but it seems like a piece that will not require a framing job. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post

Bill is correct in saying it does not need to be framed. They come with a toothed wall hanger fixed to the back, though I could leave this off if you so desired.

Front to back depth at the deepest point (taking into account his hand and hood and the limitation plate on the back) it measures approximately 3.3cm or one and a half inches.
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope Rachel won't mind me posting this but I know a lot of people hold Rachel very dear to their heart and would like to know why she is a little absent right now.

Rachel was recently involved in a car accident that ended up writing off her car. She is completely unhurt and no-one else was involved or hurt either. Her main pain is the loss of a good car (one which would have lasted for many years to come) and the unexpected financial blow of having to purchase a replacement.

I'm sure everyone would like to spare a little GoodMind for Rachel and wish her better luck for the future!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is terrible! Did she have no coverage?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Uk Insurance - they will only pay out book value of the car. What they think it's worth and what it costs to replace are *very* different things...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Or Third party, fire and thief insurance!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Rachael:

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is there a way we can help guys? Maybe try and raise a few bucks? She is good to all of us.... I would like to do something for her.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Is there a way we can help guys? Maybe try and raise a few bucks? She is good to all of us.... I would like to do something for her.
    I can't speak for Rachel but I think just knowing everyone here wishes her well is probably all she would like.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I can't speak for Rachel but I think just knowing everyone here wishes her well is probably all she would like.
    I think I can say with confidence that a HF donation in her name would be greatly appreciated. She's working on trying to do something for the HF despite her troubles. She's a real trooper and a big supporter of the HF.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I mention the HF and all the posts stop? I only said what I did because I know that, Rachel is a huge supporter. I did not intend to pray on anyone's sympathy or otherwise. I was just stating the facts as I know them to be. Sorry if I put anyone "off". Not my intention at all. Guess I'm getting too old for this "gig"!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Calm down Bill. It's all good.

Banned Joka42 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

i cant open the links

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all for your concern regarding the car accident.

Sorry for my notable absence lately too, I've been working so hard and had the issues Simon mentioned that I literally haven't had a moment to take a breath.

It's been a really terrible couple of weeks, which has delayed everything I'm working on (and have in the ever lengthening queue, no complaints there though!!).

My car is a write-off - wing, wheel and tyre, track rod, steering rack, brakes, cosmetic damage to the front bumper and side of the car, airbags, seatbelt pre-tensioners, possibly the drive shaft and I don't know if there is damage to the gearbox and whatever else we can't see or know of without a full inspection but basically thousands of pounds to repair and much more than the market value of the car making it uneconomical to repair. My husband doesn't want me getting back into the car even if it was to be repaired as after an accident repair it could be weak and airbags and other safety equipment is not guaranteed to work properly etc. Best that it goes to Peugeot heaven, sadly.

Another driver had hit the wall and left rocks and debris on the road then drove away without reporting it, I came along 5-10 minutes later on my way home from work (in the pitch black dark out in the countryside with no street or road lighting) and hit one of the rocks with my front passenger side wheel. It threw my steering immediately full lock to the left and the car straight into the wall wheel and wing first. The wall was less than a foot to the side of my car all the way along the road with a 60 foot drop into a ravine on the other side of the road. No pavements (sidewalk as our US friends would say). I'm so glad I managed to keep control and bring the car to a stop, otherwise I could have ended up falling into the ravine. I raked along the wall for about 6-10 metres until I managed to brake to a stop. The road is a notorious accident blackspot and there have been some terrible accidents there over the years.

I'm fine and not injured and no other vehicles or people were involved thankfully, it could have been a lot worse. As my husband said, the car is just tin and rubber and can be replaced, I on the other hand am one of a kind and irreplaceable.

The downside is that I have had to deal with the police, insurance and paperwork and had to find a replacement car and the money to pay for it. My car was 11 years old but in mint condition with very low mileage, and had been very well looked after with lots of new parts. Everything from the timing belt to the window rubbers right down to brand new high performance bulbs, the best oil and tyres, brand new brake discs and pads etc. The car would easily have lasted at least another 5-10 years or more if not for the accident. Due to it's age, it isn't worth much in the eyes of an insurer. I don't know yet what the insurance will pay out but if I'm lucky I may be looking at Ł2300 minus the Ł250 excess and as we couldn't trace the driver who failed to stop after hitting the wall it goes down as an at fault claim on my part. I lose almost three years no claims bonus and will be back down to zero years meaning the cost of my insurance goes up dramatically and I have to build up another three years of no claims to get back to where I was. Despite me having fully comprehensive insurance I won't get a great deal from the insurance payout and the insurer is likely to try to offer me a pittance. It's cost Ł6400 to replace it with anything even half decent and reliable with similar mileage and service history etc yet I will be lucky if I even get a third of the money back from my insurer. Just my luck.

I am mobile again now as I picked up my replacement car yesterday and we did get a really good deal on it as compared with other cars for the same amount of money. It's a 2008 Citroen C3 Rythm but it has only done 9000 miles since new and is a 1.6 16v HDI engine with great fuel economy and only Ł30 per year for road tax. It looks and drives like a brand new car. Only one owner since new, bought from the same dealer and a full dealership service history. Pretty much exactly the same as Percy Peugeot 307 was, except Percy had a 1.4 HDI engine. The previous owners had traded it against another brand new car the very morning we went to look. 12 month warranty, a new MOT test and 12 months road tax, fully serviced and valeted so it is sparkling like new. Passion Red colour and picked it up on Valentine's Day.

Anyway, enough of my woes, I'll be glad when it's all over and done with...

I've got a lot on the schedule right now and more to follow, plus money is tight due to the car situation. I will try to do something special for the Haven Fundraiser if I am able to fit in the time and cost. I can't promise with certainty so I won't promise absolutely, but I will try. I'll be doing one thing for sure. I do have another idea which I could achieve with little cost other than time... Something entirely new and unique but I won't spoil it by letting the cat out of the bag. Just give me time to see how things pan out.

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joka42 View Post
    i cant open the links
    Hi Joka42,

When you say you can't open the links, I assume you mean my website? If so, it isn't because of your PC. My website is currently down as we are redesigning the entire site from the ground up. It's going to take time to do it all.

There are lots of pictures throughout this thread of, I think, just about all of my work along with some pricing although prices may be out of date now.

If you have any questions at all about anything then just send me a PM or ask on the thread here and I'll be more than happy to help you.

Many thanks,
    Rachel

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    I on the other hand am one of a kind and irreplaceable.
    So True!

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    Before I get to the 'goods' I won't be showing the painted version until Michael has seen it in person (even though he has given it his blessing) and at the moment I won't be taking orders, giving pricing or availability info etc. OK here goes with the BIG one, I hope you all like the result!!

"He Sat On His Throne Which Is Made Of Skulls"

All Hail the (bronze) Crimson King!!!

Lastly, the nameplate which will be mounted into the bottom of each sculpture base, this one is currently not numbered:

I sure do hope these get produced! I want #1.......Hand Painted...

Calling Rachel are you out there ??

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stunning !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That's bad ass!!!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey good people,

Yes I'm still alive and kicking, sorry I'm not around posting on the forum, it's simply a case of time being in short supply. I do miss those days of spending hours dossing around here though.

I haven't given up or abandoned the CK sculpture. Quite the opposite, I've been constantly working on it! As it happens I will be casting pieces this coming week. I had some unexpected issues with casting them that have been tough to resolve but, I believe I have it all sorted now.

When I get these casts done this week I'll know and if all is well, then I will finally get one painted up and shipped to Michael Whelan. Right after that I hope to start taking orders! I don't want to say it is a definite and jinx it so it's a case of watch this space and I will let you all know ASAP.

Thanks as always,
    Rachel

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just some further info for you all...

I have been asked a number of times what the sculpture weighs and for shipping info.

OK as a rough idea using electronic bathroom scales and weighing my husband then him picking up the flight case with the sculpture in it and weighing again...

33kg 50x50x50cm comes out at 140 gbp to ship to Thailand via UPS on a 2 day air service.

Prices to most destinations will be included in the purchase price of the sculpture but in some cases I would add on the difference of the shipping cost v's inclusive pricing for the US or UK. For example shipping to the US would be 85 gbp (which would be included in the purchase price of the sculpture) so the difference of 55 gbp to ship to Thailand would be added to the US price. Make sense?

Hope this is helpful but any other questions, feel free to give me a shout!

Rachel

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the update......

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY nice sculpture!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast