Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Dollar Babies

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

An excellent adaptation of this story. I really enjoyed it a lot.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The new homepage from ´YOU MISSED SONJA´

http://www.youmissedsonja.com/

on: Abspann..... credits....... you can see all the people who have spend some money...
    .....Horst Dieter Annecke • Frank-Erik Junge • Jerome Smith | Randall Flagg - TheDarkTower.com • Klaus Spangenmacher • ......

On PRESSE - Presse Box it´s possible to download a lot of new highdef. pics.

On the facebook page are several new pics:
    http://www.facebook.com/hff.RestStop?sk=photos

Traveler killerspots is on a distinguished road

Default Updated YOU MISSED SONJA website - now in english

Dear english-speaking friends,

I know it takes us some time to bring this baby to an end, but its worth it. Trust me.

To shorten the time to release in (hopefully) spring 2012, we have updated our website www.youmissedsonja.com and made it accessable in english for our english-speaking fans and friends.

So come around and take a look at what we have done and what all this is about (okay, we won't tell you the actual film and the behind-the-sonja-thing), but it is still worth it.

Best from Germany,

Paul

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just become a nice mail from the ´crators´ of ´You missed Sonja´

fast translation:

amazing how fast time flies. 2011 has really only just begun, but we are celebrating
    Christmas again.
    2011 was for us at the film school is a very exciting, thrilling and our oh-so-hot
    beloved Stephen King movie "You missed Sonja" enjoyed the year.
    And the best Christmas present you've already made ​​us in the spring.

Just before Christmas, and also the completion of the film we wanted to thank you for your
    Support of our film and hope that you will like it if we then in Spring of 2012 have finally finished him
    and present him on world's festivals.

On our official website www.youmissedsonja.com and the Facebook page www.facebook.com / hff.reststop
    you can find news and steadily now and then glimpses into the final film. Visit us !
    And I think that especially the February could keep some small surprises

We wish you a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year 2012 and love to have you in
    Cinema to see.

bb
    Paul & Félix
    (Produktion & Regie)

Hi there,
    thanks for being so fast, stockerlone.
    We wish you a Merry Christmas and hope to see you in the movies 2012. We are about to finish the movie for spring 2012. Currently, we are working on a short but thrilling trailer of our movie, which we are trying to get passed Mr.Kings' permission. So we hope to be able to present a trailer in February to you. Till then, take care and we wish you some peaceful hours.
    Best from Germany,
    Paul

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King Dollarbaby You Missed Sonja
    NEWS:
    Offizielle Premiere of the You Missed Sonja Trailers at the Berlinale reception of Film Schools.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool

I Really would like to watch this movie. I'll probably organize another Dollar Baby Film Festival this year, so who knows.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

NOW, the official Movie trailer is ONLINE !!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Doesn't look too shabby

Thanks
    I hope Stephen King will like the movie as much as we do.
    And hopefully you all as much as the trailer

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

You Missed Sonja

Some infos from the first offical Newsletter:

"You missed Sonja" is nominated for the "no fear" Producers Award at Germanys most important new-blood-filmfestival FIRST STEPS 2012.

The Jury says:

"A thriller from Stephen King Dollar Baby program, beautifully told close without embarrassing gaffes Mask - Hats off! Also produced very well resolved - despite a fairly small budget is everywhere these energy "That's what we want because we like the well narrated horror genre !" - Indispensable fighting for a better film is definitely an important ingredient for a future fearless producers!

Official HP

http://www.facebook.com/hff.RestStop

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent! Good luck!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Delver Glass - Dollar Baby from Germany

Delver GLASS

Is based on the short story "The Reaper's Image" by Stephen King
    on the estate Hohehorst Schwanewede at Bremen a unique short film
    get produced.

´Right in the middle of one of the most spine-tingling story told in Northern Germany this year. Delver Glass ist a short film that wants to give people the shivers all around the world.´

Delber Glass
    HP + facebook

On the HP, there is complete information about
    Cast: Jeff Burrell (The Ghost) +
    Matthew Burton (Beyond the Sea + Operation Valkyrie)
    (The film is shot in ENGLISH)
    Crew, locations, and many photos

www.delverglass.com

https://www.facebook.com/DelverGlass

TRAILER

German Articles

http://www.weser-kurier.de/region/ze...id,344462.html

http://vimeo.com/45535635

http://www.hannover.1730sat1.de/aktu...4080&tx_ttnews

Have contacted Henning van Lil (producer), he told me this:

We have just finished on the farm near Bremen Hohehorst and are veeeery happy with the material. The post production is currently being prepared. Editing, music and set to music all comes from 5.1-Bremen. We are not tired of saying that we need is not less than able to prove that one can produce genre films in North Germany, which is internationally competitive.
    http://www.delverglass.com/wp-conten...545bearbfb.jpg

Today, the shooting endet, only 150 km away from me.

This is the official press kit which is also available on the HP.
    http://www.delverglass.com/presse/De...ressemappe.pdf

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Couple more Dollar Babies

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/news/...03f9b19da.html
    A North Attleboro native will be immersed in the world of Stephen King this fall, when he begins filming a movie based on one of the author's short stories.

David Humphreys, a 2005 graduate of North Attleboro High School who is now an independent filmmaker living in Boston, will bring an adaptation of King's short story "Night Surf" to film.

"I read it in high school and I thought it would be a neat story to film," said Humphreys, who learned he had secured permission to adapt the story on the same day he received his master's degree from Emerson College.

Humphreys, 25, obtained permission through King's "Dollar Baby" program, in which the author grants one-time filming rights to young filmmakers for $1. The resulting films cannot be exhibited commercially without King's approval, but can be sent to film festivals.

The movies can lead to a successful career, too.

Filmmaker Frank Darabont participated in the "Dollar Baby" program and later went on to direct "The Shawshank Redemption," also based on a King short story.

Humphreys said his team hopes to have "Night Surf" finished by January, so the movie can be entered in several film festivals.

"Ideally, we'll go on a festival circuit," he said. "We're making it more for the joy of making a film than for saying I want to make some money on this - it's more about creating.

"It's a good thing for everybody involved. We have a young cast and crew that's just starting out, and we all want to get one to 10 really good pieces under our belts."

Filming begins in October on Cape Cod, and Humphreys hopes to bring a big-budget style to a low-budget production.

The 15-minute film will tell the story of a group of teenagers who are survivors of a flu-like epidemic that wipes out the world's population, and will explore the concepts of loss, acceptance and grief.

Another adaptation of "Night Surf" was filmed in 2001, but strayed from the original story. Humphreys said his adaptation will stick closer to the original material.

"There's a reason why it's a great story and there's a reason why it works," he said.

In addition to Humphreys, who is directing the film, the production team includes Ericka Nelson, producer; Geoff Tarulli, screenwriter and Shaun Clarke, director of photography.

Two local actors are working in the film, including, Katherine Barrett, a 2009 Bishop Feehan High School graduate, and Caitlin O'Neill, who attends King Philip Regional High School and was recently crowned Miss Massachusetts Teen 2012.

Also starring in the film are Sebastian Konarski, Paul Goleburn, Selima Smith-Dell, Jake Gutwillig and Tim Goff.

It has long been Humphreys' goal to become a filmmaker. Not only did he write a third of a screenplay in high school, his interest in movies stretches back to when he was just 4 years old and his VHS tape of "The Wizard of Oz" was daily fare.

It wasn't until college that Humphreys decided to pursue that dream rather than his passion for writing. He had been considering a career in journalism and worked at an internship at The Sun Chronicle.

In his junior year, Humphreys had to make a critical and career-altering decision after being accepted to both a six-slot screenwriting class and a Boston Globe internship. He chose the screenwriting class, which refocused his goals onto the movie industry.

Humphreys and his production team are in the process of raising the $3,000 needed for filming through a campaign on kickstarter.com.

Read more about the kickstarter campaign and Humphreys film by visiting the production blog at nightsurfmovie.wordpress.com.
    http://www.wabi.tv/news/32865/filmma...type-in-bangor
    Filmmaker and Maine native Billy Hanson took Stephen King's short story Survivor Type and brought it to life on screen.

Hanson said, "It's about a man who finds himself stranded on an island with no food and only a few supplies and has to go to great lengths to keep himself alive for rescue that may or may not come."

Hanson said he's always been a big Stephen King fan, so he was happy to put his spin on King's story.

"It's something that I've always wanted to do is work with that quality of material, basically with a story that is so original and so striking that I think it's going to be something that people will remember," said Hanson.

An audience in Bangor was the first to see it on the big screen. Stephen King's WZON helped bring the film to the Penobscot Theatre for its world premiere on Sunday.

"I literally can not think of a better place to screen this thing first. Not only is it Stephen King's hometown, but I think all the people coming here tonight are true King fans and are going to be familiar with the material so they're going to be excited about it," said Hanson.

Actor Gideon Emery starred in the film and joined Hanson at the premiere in Bangor.

Before the premiere he said, "I've seen a rough cut. I haven't seen it finished yet, so I'll be a little bit of an audience member too."

Afterwards, there was an question and answer session with audience members. Hanson was excited to hear what they thought, but he and his film have already received high praise from King himself.

"He said that we did a great job with it and his exact quote was, 'It's next to brilliant," which I mean, I feel I can die a happy man now," said Hanson.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Off the Beaten Track: A new dollar baby

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/...22/3615706.htm

One of Stephen King's short stories is being made into a movie here in the Hunter, and it only cost the film-makers a dollar.

The famous writer created the Dollar Baby Film Project in the 70s to give aspiring film-makers the chance to adapt his short stories.

The films created must be not-for-profit, and must not use his name above the title to trade on his reputation, but acknowledge him as the source of the material.

Cessnock High School teacher Chris Penglaze and NIDA student Alicia Nolan are making a short film called Off the Beaten Track, adapted by Chris from King's short story One For the Road, from his Night Shift collection.

It's a spin-off of King's famous Salem's Lot, the vampire story that was made into a movie.

Chris and Alicia explained to 1233 ABC Newcastle's Aaron Kearney what they're hoping to achieve with the film. (listen to attached audio)

"For film-makers the point is not playing on his name, the point is being given this opportunity to take one of his short stories and adapt it," Chris says.

The story has been "Australianised", with changes such as a heat wave replacing a blizzard, and is being shot at locations around the Hunter, including a private property at Limeburners Creek.

"It's very creepy," Alicia says of the remote location.

The film, which is half completed, will run for around 20 minutes and be shown at film festivals and entered in international competitions.

"One of the things that really surprised us is how much the local business community has got behind us," Chris says.

"What we're hoping to do is produce a really nice supernatural piece."

The pair acknowledge that the film is not low-budget so much as "no budget", but are hoping it will lead to bigger things.

Chris is passionate about Australia's ability to make quality horror films, and has been inspired by the success of Wolf Creek.

"The Hunter Valley has so many great landscapes that we'd love to use on our next project," he says.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Some amazing news...

Hey dear King fans

there are news to our Dollar Baby YOU MISSED SONJA.

• World premiere
    Next week, the time has come, we will finally celebrate the world premiere of our film. On 26.10.2012 at 19:15 in the Scala cinema. Tickets are still available, so get at the bacon and be there. Moreover, the film is. Still on 28.10 and 27.10 at 22:45 at 16:45 shown.

• Soundtrack Online
    As a small surprise the soundtrack of our Dollar Baby
    is available on soundcloud for streaming. So put on headphones, pulled the volume fully up and overwhelmed by the great music of our musician Hector Marroquin.
    http://soundcloud.com/youmissedsonja/se ... -Sonja-east

And who is not a fan: http://www.facebook.com/youmissedsonja there are any new information, pictures, reports from court and what else you have to tell fascinating.

Until then,
    Greetings
    Your YOU MISSED SONJA team

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The DELVER GLASS MOVIE POSTER

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i always loved that story !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The official Delver Glass Trailer !!!

http://www.delverglass.com/?lang=en

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A nice article about the German You MISSED SONJA - Dollar Baby projekt
    in the German Newspaper Lausitzer Rundschau.

http://www.lr-online.de/nachrichten/...rt1065,3989727

Don´t wanna translate the complete German Newspaper anticle, i only throw him in the google translator...

Film students from Potsdam bring first German Stephen King adaptation to the cinema
    Bloody nights in Bad Liebenwerda

Bad Liebenwerda.. Two years did it take to work on the horror film "You missed Sonja". Now celebrating the first German film adaptation of a story by best-selling author Stephen King premiere at the Hof Film Festival. Place of horror: a gas station near Bad Liebenwerda.
    Drama, Baby! In the horror film, it has to go bloody and highly emotional. It also knows actor Oliver width, which has long been at the State Theatre in Cottbus. Photos: Ben Kriemann

Writer Rick Hardin travels around aimlessly. He quarreled with his wife. The middle of nowhere they got out at a gas station and tried to take a taxi. But it never moves forward. She calls her husband wants to reconcile. When the comes, she is no longer there. He waits. Cries. Hardin thinks that his wife is in trouble. Panic. He intervened - and will soon wish to be never gotten out.

With more than 400 million books sold worldwide Stephen King is one of the most successful writers of our time. Film students from Potsdam, it is thanks to them that Bad Liebenwerda (Elbe-Elster) is now a little bit associated with his name attached. The horror short story "rest stop" will flicker as the first German King adaptation at all over the canvas. Place of horror: a gas station near Bad Liebenwerda. "This place, lonely and mysterious, is ideal for our horror story," says producer Paul Andexel. Along with his film crew, he has been looking for suitable locations for the shooting and is in the Elbe-Elster found it.

For the symbolic sum of one dollar to Andexel had to secure the rights to "rest stop". Stephen King has for several years with his project "Dollar Babies" students the opportunity to make a film selected short stories. Sun Andexel could, together with the student writer Carol M. Lowitz and the Director Félix students cook the roughly 20-minute horror film in 2010 and 2011 turn.

Now that everything is in the box, Andexel producer hopes that it the same feat as director Frank Darabont succeed. Also he once filmed a short film by Stephen King. The work pleased the horror masterpiece so well that Darabont allowed to film the movie "The Shawshank Redemption" - for many critics one of the best films of all time. Darabont since then has been to the great masters of his craft.

A good start to pay more attention are the Hof Film Festival, will celebrate on which "You missed Sonja" had its world premiere. In court meets for years the crème de la crème of the film. Rosa von Praunheim ("The guys from Bahnhof Zoo") and Tom Tykwer ("Perfume") were already there. "It's a great honor just to celebrate its world premiere at the festival. It is what I always hoped," says Andexel.

The scene of the crime: A gas station at Bad Liebenwerda.
    And who were film students from Potsdam Babelsberg overcome some hurdles. "The Curse of Stephen King," as Andexel says. Technical problems have led to parts of the film had to be shot again. Then the money ran out. In addition to partners such as the Council did Pack Filmproduktion, the students on their website to look for funding. Andexel put on internet forums before the project and solicited support from King fans from around the world. On micro-donations came together more than 2000 euros. He heaped with sponsors, donations and its own resources to EUR 20 000.

Andexel for the production is also his graduate degree project at the School of Film and Television (HFF) Konrad Wolf in Potsdam-Babelsberg. "I have presented me a bit easier to shoot a horror movie," he says, looking back. It would remain about the horror film to be quite clear who is the villain. The figures can not be blurred. That's why Andexel and his team repeatedly went to Bad Liebenwerda to shoot more scenes. "It is supposed to eventually be perfect," he says.

With actors Christian Erdmann, Ute Springer, Oliver Breite and Greta Galisch de Palma could Andexel commit renowned and experienced people. For the musical interpretation, he won the Film Orchestra Babelsberg. "With short films, you can indeed make any money, but get attention," he says.

Andexel is a big fan of genre cinema. His favorite films include "Leon The Professional" with Jean Reno and the young Natalie Portman and the Batman film "The Dark Knight" by Christopher Nolan. "I'm actually to the movies because I want to experience something. Condition with simple descriptions I can not do anything," he says. He is also at his university out of the frame. Many of his fellow students graduation films are laden with meaning. "Sure, that's super important. But a really good action or horror movie can make for a lot of fun," he says.

Whether Andexel and his team will eventually turn even successful movies like King admirer Darabont must decide especially the audience. A strong critic of the Potsdam Film students but already on the cheek. The Lord lives in Maine, United States of America, and is Stephen King. Will look at the film personally. For that is part of the contract of the "Dollar Babies".

www.youmissedsonja.com

"You missed Sonja" on 26th October at the 46th Hof International Film Festival shown.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Survivor Type new dollar-baby adaptation

A FILM-maker has signed a deal with Stephen King to make one of his short stories into a film.
    Carl Whiteley, originally from Crowle, moved to Manchester four years ago to pursue a career in the film industry – and is now looking to film one of King's most grisly stories.

The tale – Survivor Type, from the Skeleton Crew short story collection – tells of a marooned surgeon who keeps a diary of his ordeal as he is forced to slowly eat himself alive to stave off starvation.
    Carl said: "This is an amazing opportunity, as not only do I get to make a Stephen King – my favourite author – film but it will open many more doors in the industry.

"His name alone will do wonders for me."
    But to make the film, Carl must raise between £2,500 and £3,000 – which Carl says is not easy on an indie film maker income.
    He is looking for sponsorship in return for Executive Producer credits.
    Carl – who works as an independent film maker at his company Black Mill Productions – paid one dollar to put his idea for a film to Stephen King. His idea was successfully chosen and a contract signed on filming rights.
    "Next week, I will be launching a fundraising page via www.kickstarter.com, where people can donate money in return for a credit on the film," said the Crowle director.
    Carl has directed a few music videos, short films and has had three chosen to appear at local film festivals.
    And he is also working on a £1.5 million film project about aliens coming to earth for a stag-do.
    He said: "We have some amazing Hollywood names attached already.
    "One of the people confirmed is a star of Lord of the Rings, but I cannot say who until the contract is signed.
    "And for the Stephen King film, we have a big actor lined up but I can not say who yet too."
    Source: http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/St...#axzz2Q5jv112y
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting but this is probably going to be one of those films where they just take the basic concept of King's storyline and run with it.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"His name alone will do wonders for me."

Does this quote bother anyone else? It doesn't sit well with me.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Even though this story is one of my all time favorites. I don't know if there is enough to it to make a feature length film.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is a Dollar Baby, I assume?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast