Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 394 of 714 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384 392 393 394 395 396 404 444 494 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,850 of 17831

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    BTW, your paperback FDNS is in the mail :-)
    Ty, Eric

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Currently reading "The Night Eternal", third and final in the Guillermo Del Toro & Chuck Hogan series.
    Another series I've been meaning to read.

So many books, so little time ...

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey I got an idea, since a lot of people are reading or read 11/22/63 maybe we should find a way to discuss the book! I especially want to discuss it with people who already finished the book. Would anybody be interested? maybe a Warning Spoilers 11/22/63 thread?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is one in the Cara Laughs subforum already. You're welcome.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I screwed up and started the new Anniversary edition of "The Exorcist". great story BTW, and so have postponed 11/22/63 until I finish it. I am working hard though to finish it so I can move on to 11/22/63 and "The Strain" series. I've actually elevated "The Exorcist" from a "bathroom book" to the reading chair!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I read the original a couple of months ago thanks to Jean's recommendation and was thrilled with it...hubby might get irritated if i get the new one now...lol but will get it in the future...hahahaha

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am a Dark Tower fan, and I have only read a handful of other Stephen King book. So I bought a 4-in-1 omnibus with The Shining, Salem's Lot, Night Shift, and Carrie. I read Carrie, and enjoyed it quite a bit. The characterization was very good; I was surprised at how deep Carrie herself was. It was also funny to see some Stephen King trademarks
    (paranthetical remarks)
    in his very first book.

Next, I am reading The Shining, which I know almost next to nothing about. So far, so good. The other night I caught the beginning (ten minutes or so) of Kubrick's movie on AMC and I already prefer the book.

Gunslinger Apprentice onlylivingboyinny is on a distinguished road onlylivingboyinny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading "The Night Eternal", third and final in the Guillermo Del Toro & Chuck Hogan series.
    JUST finished this last week. Thankfully, the beginning of the novel recapped books 1 & 2 well, as the wait between works made me quite forgetful. I was literally sweating, tearing through the concluding pages of this one. What a thrill ride.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I screwed up and started the new Anniversary edition of "The Exorcist". great story BTW, and so have postponed 11/22/63 until I finish it. I am working hard though to finish it so I can move on to 11/22/63 and "The Strain" series. I've actually elevated "The Exorcist" from a "bathroom book" to the reading chair!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    I just finished the 40th anniversary edition a couple weeks ago. I think I remember you saying that you've read the original release. Do you recognize any differences so far? I've been interesting to see what was the new character and scene he added.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

For the first time in many months, I can announce that I am reading something. A book. With words. Chapters. No pictures. I am astonished, quite frankly.

ETA: Oh yeah, I'm reading The Princess Bride.
    Last edited by Bethany; 11-16-2011 at 06:48 PM. Reason: D'oh!
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, finally to The Black Prism

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I am a Dark Tower fan, and I have only read a handful of other Stephen King book. So I bought a 4-in-1 omnibus with The Shining, Salem's Lot, Night Shift, and Carrie. I read Carrie, and enjoyed it quite a bit. The characterization was very good; I was surprised at how deep Carrie herself was. It was also funny to see some Stephen King trademarks
    (paranthetical remarks)
    in his very first book.

Next, I am reading The Shining, which I know almost next to nothing about. So far, so good. The other night I caught the beginning (ten minutes or so) of Kubrick's movie on AMC and I already prefer the book.
    I've found few writers who write characters even close to as well as king.

Oh, and even though i have no desire to read it i too am curious regarding the differences in the exorcist.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

After finishing 11/22/63, I've started a reread of Eric Frank Russell's Wasp, a classic SF novel.

John

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently re-reading (actually listening) Children of Dune. I plan to go through the entire Dune series - many books by Herbert and then by his son Bryana nd Kevin Anderson. In the interim I just got notice that teh Audio version of IT is ready for me at teh library - 35 CDs - that's a lot of cummute time but a book desperately needing a re-read!

Of course I am reading 11/22/63 as well and also have started The Passage, but that may have to wait even though I am 100 pages into it! :-(

So many books, so little time!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Gunslinger Apprentice onlylivingboyinny is on a distinguished road onlylivingboyinny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure this book's been discussed previously but after numerous recommendations I just read "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. King's review in EW was spot on. It's by no means some lousy young adult book, but a fast-paced, fight to the death survival novel.
    "Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known." - Nick Carraway
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Great Gatsby"

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My only complaint with the Hunger Games (1st novel) is that it's too reminiscent of Battle Royale. Apparently the second and third books find their own identity though.

I haven't read them yet but with the impending release of the film I might be tempted to do so.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

A friend recommended it to me. I think I'll give it a try soon.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Top of my list of young adult novels to read is definitely The Enemy. A novel where the zombie adults feast on the flesh of kids? Now that I've gotta read!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by onlylivingboyinny View Post
    JUST finished this last week. Thankfully, the beginning of the novel recapped books 1 & 2 well, as the wait between works made me quite forgetful. I was literally sweating, tearing through the concluding pages of this one. What a thrill ride.
    Could not have said it better myself!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    My only complaint with the Hunger Games (1st novel) is that it's too reminiscent of Battle Royale. Apparently the second and third books find their own identity though.

I haven't read them yet but with the impending release of the film I might be tempted to do so.
    I've never read Battle Royale. Currently reading book 2 of The Hunger Games Trilogy and it certainly is a completely original story. Anxious to read book three and then move on to 11/22/63.
    "Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known." - Nick Carraway

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by onlylivingboyinny View Post
    Could not have said it better myself!!!
    Thanks! As much as I loved the series, I''m saddened that it's over. Here's hoping Hogan & Del Toro write some side stories about the Ancients and The Master!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished 11/22/63. Now back to the lovecraft.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I finished 11/22/63. Now back to the lovecraft.
    Excellent!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it is my friend in evil.

If you rescue me

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Brice, how'd you like it?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 394 of 714 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384 392 393 394 395 396 404 444 494 ... LastLast