Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 355 of 714 FirstFirst ... 255 305 345 353 354 355 356 357 365 405 455 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,875 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Just started World War Z. Looks like a fun read so far!
    I'm a little more than halfway through and it's been fantastic so far. My only gripe is that I wish there was a bit more zombie action, but that's only a minor complaint.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    almost done with the Otherland series, and it is great.
    I went to the bookstore to get these the other day and they had every book but the first one >.<

Almost finished with The Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb. Cannot wait to read the other two books.
    I just read Robin Hobb's Farseer Trilogy and loved it! I am working on three that deal with his later life called The Tawney Man trilogy now.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Along the Path of the Beam bettinas.ashes is on a distinguished road bettinas.ashes's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bettinas.ashes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bettinas.ashes View Post
    I am currently reading both Danse Macabre and On Writing - both, of course, by Stephen King.
    I couldn't make up my mind about which one to start reading, so I went for both of them.
    Both are awesome choices. I love Stephen Kings non-fiction books! I just finished with Danse Macabre.
    I am halfway through Danse Macabre, and am very much enjoying it. At first I was kind of put off by the fact that I didn't know a fair few of the movies and books that he was talking about, but once I got into it a little bit, I really like it.

On writing... got finished the other day, and that too was very good. I found it very interesting to read about his opinions on how to write, and of course about his life.

Currently I am still reading Dance Macabre and have also started re-reading The Talisman. I kept thinking about that and Black House and decided I should get into it again, and it is a very happy re-read.
    Have you ever read "Secret Window, Essays and Fiction on the Craft Of Writing" by Stephen King. It is another one of his non-fiction books. It was released in 2000 by the book of the month club. I think it is awesome!
    No, I haven't read that one, but will definitely have to try and find it now, so that I can.

I was thinking that I should start reading something non-SK once I was done with The Talisman and Danse Macabre, but I'm not sure that's going to happen after all. Too many good books to read.
    Cam-a-cam-mal, Pria-toi, Gan delah

Gunslinger Apprentice KindredAutmn is on a distinguished road KindredAutmn's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Currently reading The Master and Margarita -Mihail Bulgakov its fantastic book

and Dance with the Devil - Sherrilyn Kenyon its unbelievably f****** boring.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I am now reading Pet Semetery by Stephen King. This is another book on my quest to read SK books in order of publication. There is one problem, I am scared to death of this book! Ever since I had children, this book and movie (especially the movie!) really bothers me. So far I have read the first couple of chapters, not so bad yet. I wonder if I will be able to get through it all? I have a feeling I might stop reading it after Gage's accident.
    I am almost done with Pet Semetery. I am at the part where
    Spoiler:
    Louis is going to dig up Gage's grave and then bury him in the Pet Semetery.
    I think can detach myself and realize it is just a book.
    It really is a great book. One of Stephen King's best. I did not know what I was missing when I refused to re-read it.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by KindredAutmn View Post

Aye, that one was dull dull dull. I think that was the last one I read and then skipped straight to Acheron.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Halfway through American Gods and I am loving it. A damn good read
    If you love me then love me..

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Insomnia

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A Bi-Annual Re-read of "The Hobbit"
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice KindredAutmn is on a distinguished road KindredAutmn's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post

Aye, that one was dull dull dull. I think that was the last one I read and then skipped straight to Acheron.

i just hate the story it's stupid.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Shutter Island - loved it as much as the film, which is not something i can say a lot these days (normally the film is a rubbish version of the book)

Just started 127 hours/between a rock and a hard place.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This book is awesome, I absolutely love it. Come to think of it, it's now time for another re-read
    If you are going through hell - keep going

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    This book is awesome, I absolutely love it. Come to think of it, it's now time for another re-read
    It is a Russian tradition. Everyone knows it by heart, and everyone rereads it approximately once two years.

I wonder how much is lost in translation (I don't wonder, actually - I dread to think)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    It is a Russian tradition. Everyone knows it by heart, and everyone rereads it approximately once two years.

I wonder how much is lost in translation (I don't wonder, actually - I dread to think)
    Oh yes, I often wonder/dread it, too. And it's the same thing the other way around - when I read a book translated to Russian I am never sure that I'm really reading what the author said/meant/implied.

Currently re-reading Boczne Drogi (Country Roads) by Joanna Chmielewska.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

don't think I've read this one... but, of course, she is a very prolific writer

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Just started World War Z. Looks like a fun read so far!
    I'm a little more than halfway through and it's been fantastic so far. My only gripe is that I wish there was a bit more zombie action, but that's only a minor complaint.
    Just finished it and I was right, it was fun! Just sad that it was so short and I still want to know
    Spoiler:
    what the fuck happened in North Korea....maybe a Jonestown type thing?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    don't think I've read this one... but, of course, she is a very prolific writer
    It's one of my favorite books of hers, along with All in Red and What the Dead Man Said. One of the best 'pick-me-ups' too It's a fairly old book, and it deals with her family traveling across Poland because her Canadian aunt wanted to visit various places. As could be expected, much hilarity ensues

Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!! the two you listed are my favorite ones too! this one I never read must be good, I already love the premise! I wonder if bearmother has a copy

My Mood
    Chatty

The Gunslinger i downloaded it on my mob cuz i cant find it anywhere -.-'

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Spine of the World - R.A. Salvatore. book 12 of the Legend of Drizzt series

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Giver - Lois Lowry.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished Pet 'Semetery and then I read Cycle of the Werewolf in one night. Cycle of the Werewolf is an awesome book. A great quick read.
    I am now reading The Talisman.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

The Wise Man's Fear: The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day Two by Patrick Rothfuss.

I've been eagerly anticipating this book for a while and it hasn't let me down at all so far. It is sooooo good.

If you are a fan of fantasy literature and you aren't reading this series yet, you should immediately put down whatever you are doing and start.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I am reading Chocolat. Any reviews?

Roland would have understood.

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

harry potter and the philosopher's stone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 355 of 714 FirstFirst ... 255 305 345 353 354 355 356 357 365 405 455 ... LastLast