Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 471 of 714 FirstFirst ... 371 421 461 469 470 471 472 473 481 521 571 ... LastLast
Results 11,751 to 11,775 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished a reread of The Mist and have moved on to my advance copy of Stephen Dobyns' The Burn Palace.

John

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Agreed Def cut from the same cloth

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    UTD
    Jim Rennie reminds me of The Govna in The Walking Dead.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Over halfway through my first read of Jane Eyre.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Finishing Black House. Always loved this book. Next on my list is THE PROPHET by Michael Kyorta.... have it already downloaded to my IPOD.

"Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Four Past Midnight

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    Finishing Black House. Always loved this book. Next on my list is THE PROPHET by Michael Kyorta.... have it already downloaded to my IPOD.

One of my favorite books of the year. I think you'll really enjoy it!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rereading American Gods, although I may detour into Omnivore's Dilemma later. (I'm taking a class on food that touches on a lot of the subjects in that book.)

I'm in a rut recently where I only want to reread things I've read a zillion times, like ASOIAF. Even I feel like I read that too much. Every time I try to start something new, or something I at least read more than two years ago, my attention wanders. I can't seem to find anything that appeals to me.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome - I am also rereading American Gods. Which part are you up to?

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They just rode the carousel and are at the meeting. You?
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a bit further - Shadow's in Lakeside and
    Spoiler:
    that girl he met on the bus just went missing

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok...just finished THE PROPHET by Michael Kyorta. Very, very good book. Enjoyed it immensly. Just started Robert Jordan's WHEEL OF TIME series. Don't know if i'll be able to finish the 12 volume mega opus magnus. Any thoughts on this series. I"m currently on book one.

Gabriel
    NEED:

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Those books I might listen to on audio. I'd never read them. I work with two guys who finished the series and are fans (and book lovers in their own right) but even they admit to books being tedious. Every time I'm book shopping, I'll pick them up and ask myself how much of that book ISN'T filler?

The few fantasy books I did read, I found to be tedious, over-written and just plain boring. I really don't want to read a full page describing a tree and a leaf falling (this really happened.)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to add more to your pile, but it's now a 14 volume epic, versus the 12 books Jordan had originally planned. On the upside, the 14th book was just published, so at least you won't have to catch up with anything if you choose to finish them.

Personally, I like the series, even if not every book is amazing within the series. It all depends on how you feel about the first few, really. If you don't like it now, you for sure won't like it later. For me, at least, the first ones are some of my favorites. But I do like them. I just haven't read the last 3 because I've been a bit busy working on a re-read of the earlier ones and keep getting distracted...

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Those books I might listen to on audio. I'd never read them. I work with two guys who finished the series and are fans (and book lovers in their own right) but even they admit to books being tedious. Every time I'm book shopping, I'll pick them up and ask myself how much of that book ISN'T filler?

The few fantasy books I did read, I found to be tedious, over-written and just plain boring. I really don't want to read a full page describing a tree and a leaf falling (this really happened.)
    Haha...I agree with you there on your last point. So far i'm not too enthused about book 1. After reading the entire Sword of Truth series by Goodkind...and first two books by Patrick Rothfuss....and much earlier, LOTR..... I can't help but have a "this sounds like all filler" attitude as i'm reading book 1 of Wheel of Time. It just all seems so familiar.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnyhoo... Listening to this WHILE i'm working...so cant complain.

NEED:

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I am reading This Book Is Full of Spiders: Seriously, Dude, Don't Touch It by David Wong
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Arthur C. Clarke's Childhood's End. Started The Rise of the Governor by Jay Bonansinga & Robert Kirkman.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I am reading This Book Is Full of Spiders: Seriously, Dude, Don't Touch It by David Wong
    Let me know what you think. I LOVED it

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished "The Twelve" by Justin Cronin. Really enjoyed it. I'm thinking a re-read of "The Foundation" series may be next!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just started The Twelve on audio. On the second CD. Kind of weird right now. We'll see where it goes.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

reading: The Terror, by Simmons. Very good.

P.S. bears are still computerless

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh great, another book that has been on my to read list for eternity that I need to get to ...

THX FOR THE REMINDER JEAN

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

just finished the strain, and the fall, from Del Toro, and Hogan. loved them, still need to read night eternal.
    Now im reading mountains of madness by you know who.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

One of my favorites of Simmons' books. I also liked his Drood.

John

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

One of my favorites of Simmons' books. I also liked his Drood.

John
    I loved both of these books. Simmons is amazing at incorporating factual information and events into a fictional book. Because of Drood, I listened to Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. It is very well written and kept my interest throughout.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Coincidentally, I'm reading Children of the Night - my first Simmons book ever. I really like it so far!

Dan Simmons is one of those authors who does not seem to be popular around here at all. I really had a hard time finding a copy of one of his books.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 471 of 714 FirstFirst ... 371 421 461 469 470 471 472 473 481 521 571 ... LastLast