Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 151 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How many of you have read or know much about the comic? I have read a bit but stopped... I did not want to know too much about what is coming... and there is some SHIT coming. A starkblast to say the least... The Sanctuary that Daryl comes to could be huge if it follows the comics... I will say no more. The last three dudes we see in the few remaining seconds of the episode were talked about at comic con and are MAJOR MAJOR players in the comics. We are know getting into the thick of it and the best part of the show is yet to come.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I need to get caught up on the comics because that's about where I stopped. I was excited to see those three show up at the end of the episode. I don't think you need to worry to much about being spoiled if you finish reading the comics. At this point they're so different, you really don't know what's going to happen.

These last two episodes were ok, but nothing really spectacular. I am overly excited that they are finally gone from the prison and that the governor is dead. That storyline got played out too long in my opinion. So I am enjoying the change in pace for the show. I do hope the storyline starts to pick up soon though.

Oh and the two disappoints for me
    Spoiler:
    The return of Carol... and the baby still being alive. Not thrilled with either, but hopefully they'll turn both into good stories.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Enjoying this season so far but I really dislike how they break up the show. It really disrupts things (to me) and takes away from the show. I'm actually starting to feel like I would rather not watch this now and pick it up later when I can watch everything a little closer together.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I usually let a few weeks worth build up. I didn't even watch episode 5-8 of this season until a month ago. It's a show made for multiple episode viewings, especially if you feel spending a month looking for Sophia is too damn long, you can make it only a night. It seems the main criticism of this show is having to wait a week for the next episode because things can play out slowly, so I eliminate that entirely. Season 4 by the end could be better than season 2 was and season 2 was great. I'm looking forward to the next few episodes of everyone coming back together. I am expecting a fairly low key finale (though it's hard to say with 6 episodes left) that does a tremendous job of setting up the plotline of the next season. If Walking Dead become a show that has no issue ending major plotline in the mid-season finale and takes it's arcs further than a full season, I will be more than okay with that as it will be more unpredictable. Season 4.0 was more of the conclusion to season 3 and the prison arc so I expect season 4.5, which is more of a new season than 4.0 was, to bleed into Season 5 and possibly 6.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I usually let a few weeks worth build up. I didn't even watch episode 5-8 of this season until a month ago. It's a show made for multiple episode viewings, especially if you feel spending a month looking for Sophia is too damn long, you can make it only a night. It seems the main criticism of this show is having to wait a week for the next episode because things can play out slowly, so I eliminate that entirely. Season 4 by the end could be better than season 2 was and season 2 was great. I'm looking forward to the next few episodes of everyone coming back together. I am expecting a fairly low key finale (though it's hard to say with 6 episodes left) that does a tremendous job of setting up the plotline of the next season. If Walking Dead become a show that has no issue ending major plotline in the mid-season finale and takes it's arcs further than a full season, I will be more than okay with that as it will be more unpredictable. Season 4.0 was more of the conclusion to season 3 and the prison arc so I expect season 4.5, which is more of a new season than 4.0 was, to bleed into Season 5 and possibly 6.
    Totally agree with you... we needed the transition on either end like you said or people would be bitchin about how they didn't wrap the prison up well or lead into the new season properly... so your 100% right!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Or they could have condensed down the previous season and gave the prison a proper ending then, instead of dragging it on into a new season and just rehashing the same old thing. They could have slowly built up this season giving it more of a story and conclusion, or even lead into the next season. I'd be fine with that. But to me the whole first part of this season was pointless.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    How many of you have read or know much about the comic? I have read a bit but stopped... I did not want to know too much about what is coming... and there is some SHIT coming. A starkblast to say the least... The Sanctuary that Daryl comes to could be huge if it follows the comics... I will say no more. The last three dudes we see in the few remaining seconds of the episode were talked about at comic con and are MAJOR MAJOR players in the comics. We are know getting into the thick of it and the best part of the show is yet to come.
    I've read and have all the comics from day one, issue one. From what I have heard from speculation and verified rumors on the show, I highly highly doubt they will follow the comic story lines.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I've read and have all the comics from day one, issue one. From what I have heard from speculation and verified rumors on the show, I highly highly doubt they will follow the comic story lines.
    I was speaking in respect to the three we see at the end of the episode and Negan who resides in a place referred to as "The Sanctuary"... and that looks to be following the comics. They have loosely followed them so far... where did you get that I was saying they were going to all of a sudden start following them? From day one they have "based" the show on them... which they will continue to do.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

But who knows if those three will be similar character wise to how they are in the comics. They could be the exact opposite. Look at what they did with Andrea for example. Show Andrea really showed very little, if at all, character traits to comic Andrea. Also for example, the prison storyline was I guess overall similar, but when you break it down it was pretty different from the comics.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    But who knows if those three will be similar character wise to how they are in the comics. They could be the exact opposite. Look at what they did with Andrea for example. Show Andrea really showed very little, if at all, character traits to comic Andrea. Also for example, the prison storyline was I guess overall similar, but when you break it down it was pretty different from the comics.
    I agree with you. But I think part of that was that the fans hated the TV Andrea. She if I remember correctly is still alive in the comics and in the sniper of the group taking out the weapons of the three we see at the final moments of last week. I think they have to mix it up a bit for TV... I think all in all the show is great barring its few faults. I think it will get better now moving forward for sure...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Yeah, I hated tv Andrea, but she's easily my favorite character in the comics. My point was just that from the get go she was very different character wise, as are several of the other characters. So who knows how these three will turn out being. I understand having to change stuff for tv, but I do wish that with such great material for the comics that they would stayed more true to the story. At this point though, it's so different that they can't really go back, it really is it's own entity now.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Really? I thought that they seemed to be swaying back to the comic book story line the last season or so. At least some iconic scenes from the comics seemed to be showing up like they were steering it that way. Of course, I defer to your fandom as I know you are a huge fan.

Spoiler:
    I stopped reading the comics a little after the military guys showed up and they went looking for Govt. Sanctuary. I really should rectify that, but it's such a PITA (and expensive) to pick them up.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Or they could have condensed down the previous season and gave the prison a proper ending then, instead of dragging it on into a new season and just rehashing the same old thing. They could have slowly built up this season giving it more of a story and conclusion, or even lead into the next season. I'd be fine with that. But to me the whole first part of this season was pointless.
    I liked it better this way. Those two governor episodes were great. Not sure how you can say it was pointless. It utilized a virus as an enemy (which makes complete sense in post-apocalyptia) but as an extra bit of nasty, everyone who dies becomes a walker which made took away all their security because they could barely fight the disease and the disease brought walkers inside their walls...the Hershel episode where everything in the prison came to a head was one of the best they'd ever done. It also made the entire defeat of the governor, the saving of his people and holding the prison in season three a completely empty victory because they basically lost everything they fought for.

As for the show following the comics they said all along the show would follow the general storyline of the comics (though due to actor drop outs they had to kill Dale/Andrea off early) but they plan on veering off the road at times to explore areas further or less than Kirkman did.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I was speaking in respect to the three we see at the end of the episode and Negan who resides in a place referred to as "The Sanctuary"... and that looks to be following the comics. They have loosely followed them so far... where did you get that I was saying they were going to all of a sudden start following them? From day one they have "based" the show on them... which they will continue to do.
    You asked for someone with knowledge of the comics. And that is what I was referring to. I didn't say you said anything. I posted what I thought. I don't think people would appreciate me posting spoilers on those three. As far as major players, I wouldn't necessarily call them that in the comic. When you refer to Negan, he isn't even in the comic until issue number 100 - which is FAR beyond when Abraham shows up. So, I think that they will very, very, loosely follow the comic.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Country
    Country Flag

You asked for someone with knowledge of the comics. And that is what I was referring to. I didn't say you said anything. I posted what I thought. I don't think people would appreciate me posting spoilers on those three. As far as major players, I wouldn't necessarily call them that in the comic. When you refer to Negan, he isn't even in the comic until issue number 100 - which is FAR beyond when Abraham shows up. So, I think that they will very, very, loosely follow the comic.
    I was not asking for someone with knowledge of the comic... read what I wrote again
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Kirkman has said from the get-go of the comic - This is about CARL'S journey, not Ricks. And thus, with Carl growing up quickly it will have to become more carl centered if the show is to keep progressing effectively (IMO). That is why i thought they may actually try and kill off rick.
    I must of missed that. I do remember him saying that with the comic series that nobody is safe not even Rick. He mentioned how he didn't like how the main characters in movies usually win in the end. He wanted to make a comic where if all the main characters died the story would still go on just with the new characters. Since I read that a few years ago I've been waiting for the day that Rick dies. I just hope Kirkman doesn't puss out and not kill him.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    Kirkman has said from the get-go of the comic - This is about CARL'S journey, not Ricks. And thus, with Carl growing up quickly it will have to become more carl centered if the show is to keep progressing effectively (IMO). That is why i thought they may actually try and kill off rick.
    I must of missed that. I do remember him saying that with the comic series that nobody is safe not even Rick. He mentioned how he didn't like how the main characters in movies usually win in the end. He wanted to make a comic where if all the main characters died the story would still go on just with the new characters. Since I read that a few years ago I've been waiting for the day that Rick dies. I just hope Kirkman doesn't puss out and not kill him.
    I will agree with you there... Rick and Carl drive me... lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I liked it better this way. Those two governor episodes were great. Not sure how you can say it was pointless. It utilized a virus as an enemy (which makes complete sense in post-apocalyptia) but as an extra bit of nasty, everyone who dies becomes a walker which made took away all their security because they could barely fight the disease and the disease brought walkers inside their walls...the Hershel episode where everything in the prison came to a head was one of the best they'd ever done. It also made the entire defeat of the governor, the saving of his people and holding the prison in season three a completely empty victory because they basically lost everything they fought for.

As for the show following the comics they said all along the show would follow the general storyline of the comics (though due to actor drop outs they had to kill Dale/Andrea off early) but they plan on veering off the road at times to explore areas further or less than Kirkman did.
    Oh boy, where do I even begin I hated the last season finale. There was so much buildup to what amounted as nothing. I would have liked to see a much more cohesive Governor story. To have him reappear and somehow rally up a group of people that he doesn't know so easily to go attack the prison was very unbelievable to me. It would have made more sense for him to take control of the townspeople and have them be the ones to take down the prison.

I think the idea of a virus could make a pretty interesting storyline in a post-apocalyptic world, like you mention. However I didn't like the way they handled it here. Mostly my biggest gripe about the first part of the season was how it starts off with all these other people. I feel like we were supposed to feel for them, but with a very sudden appearance and no background on them I felt no attachment to them whatsoever. I know you're very big on the character episodes, so did this not bother you at all? When the virus starts attacking these people and zombies come into play I honestly could have cared less if they lived or died, and that was the biggest downfall for me.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

We're not really supposed to care about them but the fact their home is falling. Episode five was amazing, with all the recently turned in the sickbay and the walkers all coming in through the fences at the same time, and before they even catch their breath there's The Governor with a tank. I liked seeing how everything was working out so well, everyone seemed safe and happy and there was school and they were farming and had their own little safe place and seeing how quickly it came down was interesting. I also liked how they gave us a microchasm of what the initial outbreak would have been like; someone dies, turns, infects someone and within no time it's pure chaos and everything is on fire and crumbled and overrun with the dead within 8 episodes and they are back out on the road again.

I started watching Sesson Two again last night....only two episodes left lol. Have anyone of you who disliked season two rewatched it yet?

Country
    Country Flag

We're not really supposed to care about them but the fact their home is falling. Episode five was amazing, with all the recently turned in the sickbay and the walkers all coming in through the fences at the same time, and before they even catch their breath there's The Governor with a tank. I liked seeing how everything was working out so well, everyone seemed safe and happy and there was school and they were farming and had their own little safe place and seeing how quickly it came down was interesting. I also liked how they gave us a microchasm of what the initial outbreak would have been like; someone dies, turns, infects someone and within no time it's pure chaos and everything is on fire and crumbled and overrun with the dead within 8 episodes and they are back out on the road again.

I started watching Sesson Two again last night....only two episodes left lol. Have anyone of you who disliked season two rewatched it yet?
    You know.. as slow as season two was... wow... I had not known Sofia was in the barn.. knew the walkers were... but wow.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I did and really enjoyed the season on the rewatch. It did help that we watched the entire thing over a week or so.

[/QUOTE]

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

At the end episode five of season two, when Glen first sees the walkers in the barn, I slowed it down and I think I spotted Sophia...hard to know for sure becuase another child walker came out of the barn I think...but this one looks like Sophia (bottom left)

Country
    Country Flag

At the end episode five of season two, when Glen first sees the walkers in the barn, I slowed it down and I think I spotted Sophia...hard to know for sure becuase another child walker came out of the barn I think...but this one looks like Sophia (bottom left)

Well done man!!! That looks like her to me... I was off my seat when she walked out. Made me a HUGE FAN. My fav show of all time was LOST. YES (before I get told) there was flaws and what not but I enjoyed the rush of the way it was shot (the music and sound effect especially) and ended each week. I could not wait for the next episode~! This hooked me for sure at that Sofia scene.... to become my number #2 of all time.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't mind the season finale, I just think the impact would have been that much greater if we could have seen the Gov. and his new group all year. Show us that he's changed. Make us care for him and his people. Make us think he wants what's best for them. To start over and make amends for his past transgressions. Then BAM! He turns back into the old Gov. I just think it would have carried more weight. Instead, they stuffed everything into 2 episodes.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 151 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast