Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 151 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've never read the comics, but I was disappointed the Governor just disappeared off into the sunset.
    And really, since when are eight episodes a "season"...

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

There were 16 episodes, this was just the second half.

I agree with Tippy, why go back to the Prison instead of staying in Woodbury?
    Overall it was a very anti-climatic episode, but it did have it's moments.
    Mark Twain

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Debating on watching season 4, knew they would be dumb and "save" the Gov. for future use
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Debating on watching season 4, knew they would be dumb and "save" the Gov. for future use
    It doesn't bother me that the Governor wasn't killed. I'm fine with that; he is, theoretically, a good villain.

It bothers me that the writers spent the last half of the season creating the expectation that a showdown was coming between Rick and the Governor (and/or between Michonne and the Governor), and then failed to deliver on that expectation. That "Woodbury invades the prison" scene was pathetic; utterly pathetic.

I couldn't help but compare it with the Game of Thrones episode "Blackwater" from last season, which was a solid hour that delivered the battle that show had been building toward the entire season. It was genius, and while the television budget ought to have been a serious issue, it kinda wasn't.

The Walking Dead is arguably the most popular drama on television right now, and has been for the past couple of years. And this episode was the best the producers could come up with for a season finale...?

I'm not sure there's a good excuse for that. The writers and producers need to learn to be better at their jobs; this was the television equivalent of McDonald's forgetting to give me my fries.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure where this idea of an epic war build-up is coming from. I think it's just the fans building themselves up.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Am I the only one that felt Happy about Andrea's end?
    Are you kidding? Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead! Yahoo and Hallelujah!
    Best part of the whole season
    reality continues to ruin my life

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought for a moment that she was going to escape and i was cursing the tv!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'm not sure where this idea of an epic war build-up is coming from. I think it's just the fans building themselves up.
    1. Source material.

2. Direct quotes from both Rick and Guvernor (to the last man, we're going to war etc.)

3. Actions of both sides (spying, negotiation, stocking up on weapons and did you miss the trucks of Woodbury people coming to shoot up the place?)

4. Most season finales (of most shows) end with a conclusion, a bang or at least a cliffhanger.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How quickly I forgot the first half of the "season".

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Any thoughts on what is next?

Maybe they should fast forward a few years and let us see what the future holds? Replace Chandler Riggs with a 16 year old kid.

Might be interesting to see how mankind starts to rebuild....think Kevin Costner's The Postman....only with Zombies.

I am hoping that the zombies do not start to evolve (use of speech signs of intelligence*).

As a viewer...do you want to know what started the plague, or do you prefer not to know?

*It annoyed me in the 2nd episode of season one, one of the zombies used a rock to break the glass to get into the department store.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

i figured this was the place to post this - i gave Lew Temple a thank you at the Horror Convention in Cincinnati for being so great with the fans all weekend (he played axel) - and I left my email in case he wanted to contact me (i had seen him and talked to him for hours at the convention) - not expecting much from a big actor, I was surprised tonight to receive this -

Hey Nick and Michelle,

Such a nice gesture to give me those photos and write me a sweet note...It was lovely to get to meet you, and I am hopeful to see you in Louisville. I am back in Los Angeles, prepping for my next film, a suspense drama in Louisiana so it should be a good time. Hope your weather is good, as spring is upon us.

Again, so nice to meet you both.

Lew

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    If Andrea isn't eaten by a zombie, crotch first, I will be sorely disappointed.
    Well....Milton's aim was off a bit, but in the end....same result.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The whole episode with the Governor and Rick having a sit down was hinting at something bigger the whole time. It's not like we didn't get anything. We got a raid, but it was just pulled off really poorly. Why not have Rick and his crew set up booby traps like the ones Morgan set up? This would have made sense and been really cool to watch. Rick could have gotten the ideas from visiting with Morgan which would have made that episode matter more.

Also, I think one of the things that was missing in the finale was a scene or two of Daryl mourning the death of his brother. Maybe a scene with Carol or Rick with Daryl maybe talking about how much he wished his brother could have been one of them or something. I don't know. I think this show is starting to forget about some of the more human moments.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yeah, I agree. It was really weird to not see something from Daryl about his brother in this last episode. This season, at least the second half, have all seemed very disjointed for me. They jump from one story to the other, and when it comes to bringing them together I thought they failed miserably. Plus there's been a lot of excess stuff in there that hasn't really tied into the overall storyline. I'm worried about the future of the show.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Any thoughts on what is next?

Maybe they should fast forward a few years and let us see what the future holds? Replace Chandler Riggs with a 16 year old kid.

Might be interesting to see how mankind starts to rebuild....think Kevin Costner's The Postman....only with Zombies.

I am hoping that the zombies do not start to evolve (use of speech signs of intelligence*).

As a viewer...do you want to know what started the plague, or do you prefer not to know?

*It annoyed me in the 2nd episode of season one, one of the zombies used a rock to break the glass to get into the department store.
    Well, apparently they will open the 4th season at the prison. I predict that, Carl will be the next to fall. The "Gov" will obviously be back one way or the other and I predict his return will be very soon in the season. He's probably on a recruiting tour right now!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. It was really weird to not see something from Daryl about his brother in this last episode. This season, at least the second half, have all seemed very disjointed for me. They jump from one story to the other, and when it comes to bringing them together I thought they failed miserably. Plus there's been a lot of excess stuff in there that hasn't really tied into the overall storyline. I'm worried about the future of the show.
    I agree 100%. The first half of season 3 is completely different than the second half of season 3. It almost feels like it was written and produced by a complete different set of people. The tone and pace was totally different. Really weird.

I know everybody hated Andrea and they were happy about her demise, but that's not the point. The point is that she died in an entirely silly and unrealistic way. Andrea has been portrayed as a very strong character. On numerous occasions she has survived by herself against walkers with just a knife. I'm supposed to believe that she would be taken out by zombie Milton after she freed herself and has a blunt object? I don't think so. I also don't want to hear people saying she was tired and worn out, or that Milton had just turned and is therefore stronger than most walkers blah, blah, blah. That's bullshit. Ain't nobody got time for that. On top of all that, I could not have been the only person screaming at the TV, "STOP TALKING TO MILTON AND FREE YOURSELF YOU DUMB BITCH!" And Milton, I know you were just stabbed in the gut, but for the love of god, drag your sorry ass across the floor and get the pliers. Do something brave for once in your sorry life. Wow, I'm hot for some reason right now. I'm not sure why. I've been thinking about this show a lot since Sunday and I'm really worried. I really enjoy this show, but I can see where it's going. When family and friends that have no business watching a show like this start talking to me about it, I know it's headed down hill.

I also felt they wasted Tyrese and his girlfriend. They introduced them, but they made very little to almost no impact on the finale. Anybody could have let them back into Woodbury. I really thought they would play a bigger role. I'm sure they will come into play next season, but why introduce them this year if they are not going to use them this season.

I'm finding more and more things that bothered me in the finale.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I agree 100%. The first half of season 3 is completely different than the second half of season 3. It almost feels like it was written and produced by a complete different set of people. The tone and pace was totally different. Really weird.

I know everybody hated Andrea and they were happy about her demise, but that's not the point. The point is that she died in an entirely silly and unrealistic way. Andrea has been portrayed as a very strong character. On numerous occasions she has survived by herself against walkers with just a knife. I'm supposed to believe that she would be taken out by zombie Milton after she freed herself and has a blunt object? I don't think so. I also don't want to hear people saying she was tired and worn out, or that Milton had just turned and is therefore stronger than most walkers blah, blah, blah. That's bullshit. Ain't nobody got time for that. On top of all that, I could not have been the only person screaming at the TV, "STOP TALKING TO MILTON AND FREE YOURSELF YOU DUMB BITCH!" And Milton, I know you were just stabbed in the gut, but for the love of god, drag your sorry ass across the floor and get the pliers. Do something brave for once in your sorry life. Wow, I'm hot for some reason right now. I'm not sure why. I've been thinking about this show a lot since Sunday and I'm really worried. I really enjoy this show, but I can see where it's going. When family and friends that have no business watching a show like this start talking to me about it, I know it's headed down hill.

I also felt they wasted Tyrese and his girlfriend. They introduced them, but they made very little to almost no impact on the finale. Anybody could have let them back into Woodbury. I really thought they would play a bigger role. I'm sure they will come into play next season, but why introduce them this year if they are not going to use them this season.

Can't really argue with this!!! Very good points!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I am fairly certain that she is his sister.....not his girlfriend. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am fairly certain that she is his sister.....not his girlfriend. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.
    Comic Spoiler!!!!
    Spoiler:
    or "Sister in Law". As the "comics" go, Tyrese is supposed to end up with Michonne for awhile!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It really feels like they didn't plan ahead and just ran out of time to finish the season. None of the season finales have been spectacular, IMO, but this one really felt uneven.

I really wonder if the second half of the season is the result of a lot of notes from AMC executives. I could see that causing the creative differences leading to the loss of another show runner.
    I can imagine the network saying "our ratings are great with the Governor, keep him around just a little longer."

Merlin, you might be right about Carl being next.
    Comic spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Alternatively, I read a bit about Morgan's story arc in the comic. It mentioned that he sees Carl commit murder and tries to bond with him to preserve his childhood. I'm wondering if Carl killing the kid last episode will transfer that storyline to Hershel.
    Mark Twain

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Don't worry, I am too. The more I think about it, the more irritated I get. Maybe Scoogs is right about the executives having more pull. It would explain alot. I just don't really see where they're going to go with the Governor storyline now. Is he going to come back early on and they'll take him out? If so, it would have been better planed to have the epic finale showdown that so many of us were expecting. Will he wait forever to come back? If so I'm worried they're just going to drag the storyline at the prison on, and what more can they really do there that will be exciting?

And I agree about Tyrese. I feel that they completely wasted him this season. He's such a great character but you don't really see any of that in the show.

I assumed it was his girlfriend as well. Or maybe just a friend with benefits type of thing. But now that I think about it, did they ever say? It'd be weird to have her be his sister after I've been thinking that
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate to say it, but I agree with all of this. Especially the bit about Andrea NOT FREEING HERSELF WHILE SHE WAS TALKING TO MILTON.

And I was really annoyed at Hershel's naivety. Is he really going to blame Carl for shooting a guy that was with a group that was TRYING TO EXTERMINATE EVERY LIVING SOUL IN THE PRISON?

And don't get me started on that god awful anti-climatic ending prison raid that amounted to little more than 2 smoke grenades and a few rounds fired.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Tyrese and Sasha upgraded to Season 4 regulars (like we didn't see that coming).
    http://tv.yahoo.com/news/scoop-walki...225934218.html

Coleman and Martin-Green’s promotions come after Sunday’s Season 3 finale saw their brother-sister duo refuse to help The Governor carry out an attack on Rick’s people, and later help transport Woodbury’s children and elderly to the safety of Rick’s prison encampment.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    And don't get me started on that god awful anti-climatic ending prison raid that amounted to little more than 2 smoke grenades and a few rounds fired.
    Am I the only one that thinks that was Rick's plan?
    Glenn and Maggie are not bad shots and they didn't hit a single person. I really think they were only trying to scare off the "civilians" that the Gov. dragged along.
    They were used to shooting zombies, not someone that shoots back. Most of them were not really there by choice.
    Sure it made for a weak finale, but it was probably a fairly realistic reaction.
    Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 151 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast