Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 151 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I don't know. I guess I wouldn't last long because I totally side with Dale. I don't think you have to loose all of your humanity. And if that's the case, then why even bring him back to the camp with you. Just leave him out there to die. There's no point in saving him if you're only going to kill him yourself.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I don't know. I guess I wouldn't last long because I totally side with Dale. I don't think you have to loose all of your humanity...
    No, you don't, but you also don't have to stand by while an outsider -whose buddies kill, rape, and steal - potentially brings his friends to your only save sanctuary where your family sleeps and eats and lives.

And if that's the case, then why even bring him back to the camp with you. Just leave him out there to die. There's no point in saving him if you're only going to kill him yourself.
    Agreed, they should have left him there, but he was brought back more for the purposes of the story than anything.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Take out Carl, he is getting annoying
    Agree! He's turned into a little snot-nosed brat. I was rooting for the zombie at the creek.
    Here, here!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I'm not annoyed because I liked Dale. Show Dale sucked compared to comic Dale. I am annoyed because Dale is integral to so many of the comic story lines that it just shows me they are going to drift further and further from the comics, on a Seeker of Truth sort of level.

DANGER DANGER DANGER> THERE ARE SPOILERS AHEAD FOR PEOPLE WHO PEOPLE WHO ALREADY READ THE COMICS THINK CAN'T COMPREHEND CONTEXT IN A PARAGRAPH AND STOP READING> DANGER DANGER DANGER.
    Spoiler:

There will be no relationship between him and Andrea.
    They already gave Dale's knife idea at the prison to Rick.
    We will never see Dale stand up and inform Rick that he is no longer the group's leader, and that he will share authority with Dale, Tyreese and Hershel.
    Dale and Andrea will never become adopted parents of Donna and Allen’s orphaned children.
    We will never see Dale and Andrea hiding in the RV as the prison is overrun by zombies.
    We will never see the intense emotional scene where Dale is bitten by a zombie and they have to rush and amputate his leg.
    We will never see the story line where dale is jealous because he thinks Andrea is cheating on him with Tyreese and he tells her she deserves to be with a much younger man, only to find out they were spending their time building him a prosthetic leg.
    We will never see when he hides his wound and goes into the forest to die, only to be kinapped by the cannibals who he doesn't tell about his infection.

DANGER IS OVER POST CONTINUES

All of those amazing stories completely fucking shot.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed who knew he was so involved with how the story played out in the comics. I hadn't got to the cannibal part yet but I all ready knew about that happening.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I had totally forgotten about the cannibal stuff. Dale is badass.

Anyhoo, I really liked last night's episode. It does suck that we won't see all the awesome Dale-ness now (especially the him and Andrea romance - I loved that), but overall, I'm OK with them deviating from the comics as long as this better pace continues. I was completely surprised by the death, I thought for sure they would do the "bite on the leg, then amputation" scene from the comics. But nope, shocked the hell out of me. And that was one BRUTAL zombie death. *shudder*
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry, but other than Dale's death, this was another boring episode. Lets get going folks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm sorry, but other than Dale's death, this was another boring episode. Lets get going folks!!!
    I agree. This episode was certainly full of thinly veiled build-up. I didn't know who was going to get it or how but I certainly knew it was coming.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, spoiler alert anyone!? I've read the comic books, but others might not have. 0chris0, it's not just you, but please go back into your post and put your comic spoilers in SPOILER tags. Thank you.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

It's quite clear that I am making a list of things that dale would have been involved in before I get to it, then the first four are innocuous, purposefully, so that people have plenty of chance to stop reading.

If I started the list with the last one, I could see the problem. As it is, I think purposefully crafted text works fine.
    Plus, I kind of feel like folks should be figuratively slapped with what the writers fucked them out of anyway. Spoiler tags ruin the flow of that, IMO. I gave plenty advanced warning in the paragraph.

If you look at my posts across the forum, I am a meticulous user of spoiler tags, even in threads that are marked as being OK for spoilers. This is a time when I purposefully chose not to use them.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You and i don't really talk a lot, and that's fine. But trust me when i tell you that your list not only spoils things that happen in the comic book, but also potential storylines and happenings in the show. But, be stubborn and don't edit your post. I hope for every person that you even remotely or subtlety ruin anything for, you get it back tenfold. Adios.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    You and i don't really talk a lot, and that's fine. But trust me when i tell you that your list not only spoils things that happen in the comic book, but also potential storylines and happenings in the show. But, be stubborn and don't edit your post. I hope for every person that you even remotely or subtlety ruin anything for, you get it back tenfold. Adios.
    Sounds like somebody pissed in Shannon's T-Rex' cornflakes!!!! LOL

Well said my friend though, spoilers don't really bother me for this show for some reason. However, I respect your convictions!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate being spoiled. Entertainment Weekly does it all the time. I hate it.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Am I the only one who has read all the comics (and still do so on the day they're released), but has zero interest in the show? I only made it through about half of the first episode.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think so ?

I love the comics, and when I first heard that Frank Darabont would be helming the first season my expectations rose sky high.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    As I said, it is written in a way that gives the person reading it plenty of time to realize what they are reading and bail out before they get to the potential spoil points. The first three on the list are completely harmless, but illustrate what the list is going to be doing. The first two are things that already happened in the show, and the next few are gradations of spoiler content that clearly define, through context, what the list is going to be.

If someone does the same thing that I did up there on something I haven't read or watched and I am dumb enough to keep reading when I don't want spoiled, I deserve every bit of spoiler I get. All the person has to do is stop reading the post. There is plenty of warning. *shrug*

If it bugs you that much, have a staff member put it in there, but it won't be by my hand. I would rather trust in the intelligence of our community, and specifically of the people that regularly post in this thread.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I added a spoiler tag to your original post, Chris. Let's be curteous and provide the caveat for those who haven't read the comics and might want to in the future. Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I added a spoiler tag to your original post, Chris. Let's be curteous and provide the caveat for those who haven't read the comics and might want to in the future. Thanks man.
    Fixed it, to make sure people actually get the context, since you guys think they aren't smart enough to catch the context from the paragraph before there is every anything approaching a spoiler.

I WAS being courteous in believing that the people who post here are intelligent people who could read that post, as it was put together and say, "Oh this list coming up is clearly going to be about stuff that happened in the comics. Since I am not a mouth breathing moron I will stop reading right now." I even made the first two, intentionally things that had already happened in the show to give an extra buffer for folks to realize it.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not about the readers of your post being intelligent, it's about putting potential spoilers in spoiler tags. That's what they're there for.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think both of you have stated your case (rather well), and Fever has made a decision on the spoiler tags.
    Please get back on track.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

ZOMBIES!

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If Carl had pulled the trigger!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought that Carl refusing to shoot the zombie / toying with him would be something that he would come to regret later in the show, possibly a few episodes from then. I didn't think he would reap the consequences almost immediately. The show did a really good job of pulling the rug out from under us.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think both of you have stated your case (rather well), and Fever has made a decision on the spoiler tags.
    Please get back on track.
    Ahh c'mon RF. Lets do "Thunderdome" two go in, one comes out!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Don't be silly, Merlin: we're saving the Thunderdome for the "Battle of the TV Fanatics" tournament.

(In which me and Pond would surely win. By any means necessary. )
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 151 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast