Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 151 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

No worries man. I decided to stop paying attention to all the bad acting, inconsistencies, unrealistic dialogue etc. My enjoyment of the show has grown much, much more since then.

Their biggest mistake was firing Darabont.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    No worries man. I decided to stop paying attention to all the bad acting, inconsistencies, unrealistic dialogue etc. My enjoyment of the show has grown much, much more since then.

Their biggest mistake was firing Darabont.
    Now that I agree with!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's been hinted at that Darabont's firing was maybe because he didn't see eye to eye with Robert Kirkman. If that's the case, then I suppose I see why AMC would choose to stick with the guy who created the comics. But, still, it seems like a shame.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Burnette View Post
    It's been hinted at that Darabont's firing was maybe because he didn't see eye to eye with Robert Kirkman. If that's the case, then I suppose I see why AMC would choose to stick with the guy who created the comics. But, still, it seems like a shame.
    Yeah, "Hollywood" go figure!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree that they've certainly setup a lot of foreshadowing of Herschel not making it through the finale. I guess that could just be a red herring, but he's already on borrowed time.
    If I'm remembering correctly, he was originally written to die on the farm last season, but they changed it at the last second and decided to keep him around. I forget if that was a DVD extra or an interview that I read.
    I guess they still needed someone to be the group's conscience after Dale was killed off so early.

I think Carol is still safe, I get the feeling there's still some story left for her character.

What about Judith? Will Little Ass Kicker survive or follow the comic storyline? I think she'll survive since they really did nothing to explore the survival challenges a newborn would create in that world. I can't see the writers passing up that opportunity.

Who kills the Gov? I'm guessing that will change from the comic.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I agree that they've certainly setup a lot of foreshadowing of Herschel not making it through the finale. I guess that could just be a red herring, but he's already on borrowed time.
    If I'm remembering correctly, he was originally written to die on the farm last season, but they changed it at the last second and decided to keep him around. I forget if that was a DVD extra or an interview that I read.
    I guess they still needed someone to be the group's conscience after Dale was killed off so early.

I think Carol is still safe, I get the feeling there's still some story left for her character.

What about Judith? Will Little Ass Kicker survive or follow the comic storyline? I think she'll survive since they really did nothing to explore the survival challenges a newborn would create in that world. I can't see the writers passing up that opportunity.

Who kills the Gov? I'm guessing that will change from the comic.
    I'd say "Daryll" is the odds on favorite to kill the Gov!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I am so fucking pissed they killed

That person is still alive in the comics and the story line should have continued

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Very disappointed with the finale.

Spoiler:
    - The Governor storyline continues ... why?
    - The "plan" to let the Woodbury people come into the prison and then "scare them off" was ridiculously stupid. Oh, so now you scared them off and they won't come back? Stupid.
    - Rick's group now has MORE mouths to feed and take care of, and most of those mouths are children and old people. Fuck that.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A lot of good individual moments, but overall, a poor finale. And a poor season in general, really. In fact, I think it's now safe to say that it's just a poor show. Tons of potential that is getting squandered left and right.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

No way would I call it a poor show. I still care very much about the characters and the events happening around them. Andrea's character aside, I liked this season a lot.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Am I the only one that felt Happy about Andrea's end?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    No way would I call it a poor show. I still care very much about the characters and the events happening around them. Andrea's character aside, I liked this season a lot.
    It had its moments.

But there were a lot of iffy story decisions, including making one of the comic's best characters (Michonne) one of the series' worst. Daryl has somehow become completely uninteresting; Merle was wasted seasons too early; the Governor was more often than not a cartoon; Andrea became seemingly incapable of making a sensible decision. The zombies are no longer even vaguely scary, which is probably inevitable. Rick can't decide whether to take a shit or not without having to spend three episodes agonizing over it. All Hershel does is act like a redneck Yoda; all Carol does is say something uninteresting in a flat tone of voice twice an episode.

I don't begrudge anyone their enjoyment of the show. I'm just sayin', from MY point of view, this is a series that drops the ball over and over again. When it doesn't, it's pretty good, though, and there were some episodes that worked well. I just hope the fourth season can figure out how to be good consistently.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Am I the only one that felt Happy about Andrea's end?
    Nope. She was one of my favorite characters in the first two seasons, but in the third she became one of my least-favorite. All she did was wear a jacket and not kill the Governor. Yawn.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The finale was too stupid for words. Just a god awful episode all around.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    The writters came down with a case of stupiditis.

That was probably the least likely way I thought the episode would play out. I feel bad for Milton though, and even Andrea. That seems to be the trend though, the writters write characters into a corner and kill them off. I wish they'd take more of a risk and kill someone unexpectedly. Still though, if the last few were any indication, Carl is next. He's becoming such a pain in the ass and the kid's acting is really hard to watch.

I liked the episode overall but it was underwhelming. The Guvernor is alive and prison is full of elderly and orphans. I read an interview where Kirkman says they're going for more of a character study in season 4. Why am I sensing deja vu? Farm anyone?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

The only way they can make up for that crappy season finale is to have next season open with
    Spoiler:
    what we comic fans know Michonne does to the Governor, in revenge for Andrea or something instead of what it is actually for in the comics, which never happened.
    They won't do that, though, so the crap finale cannot be made up for.

How can one air that crappy of a finale on the same night as a Game of Thrones return?
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really? I thought it was an amazing finale, very emotional.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Overall, a very average finale. They built up the showdown between Governor and Rick's crew all season and all we got was a sequence with the Governor and his people slowly making their way through a quiet prison. Then we saw some hectic action where the Governor's people get spooked and turn tail. While outside, we see some gun play with Glenn and Maggie against the Governor's people. Then...that's it. We never even see Rick, Michonne or Daryl during the whole "raid." I was expecting some cool booby traps or some kind of awesome ambush, but nothing.

I enjoyed the season at times this year, but I'm worried about it's future. It's going to be on it's 3rd showrunner in 4 years. Obviously, the network is winning out on all the creative choices and that's rarely a good thing. I've only read the first volume of the comic books, but from what I've heard, I'd be livid with some of the choices they are making.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bit of a let down for me :-(

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Really? I thought it was an amazing finale, very emotional.
    I fall between your opinions...neither stupid nor amazing...it was just "OK".

I am having a hard time with The Governor just walking off into the sunset. He would either return to Woodbury with a story about how the barbarians at the prison had killed all of his "new army", or he would have gone back to the prison and had a fight to the death with the group there. This guy has shown time and time again that there is no middle ground for him. I imagine they will pull a "Merle" with him and have him return in season 5.

I was surprised by the death of Andrea....not surprised by the death of Milton. I did not really care for Andrea as a character, so he death did not bother me in the way that Dale's death did.

And finally....why bring everyone to the prison? Woodbury is probably more secure, and a hell of a lot more comfortable. They should all go there.

Last season's finale was much better....left me wanting more.....like I could not wait for Season Three.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I agree. I can't even believe they ended the season that way. There was so much build up all season of a battle between the two camps, and that's what we get? The Governor disappearing? Plus all the extra people that are now coming to live in the prison with them? I really don't understand why they did that. It's just making me hate the show more now. I can live with little changes here and there but this is just becoming ridiculous.

The only high point to the episode for me was them killing off Andrea. My one hope now is that they introduce a character into the show next season that is similar to the Andrea in the comics. There was no way they could rectify show Andrea for me, but to bring in someone new and have her take over that role, I'd be very happy with that.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

While I thought the Andrea/Milton Arc played very well (and to a satisfying ending all around). the Gov/Prison stuff was whack!!! It was, as stated up-thread, "stupid" and very un-satisfying. This show is wearing at my last nerve!!! At least there wasn't a compelling "Cliff-Hanger" though maybe there should have been!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I wonder if Andrea told Michonne something before she bit the bullet. Like maybe where the Governors safe house might be?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobia View Post
    Spoiler:
    I wonder if Andrea told Michonne something before she bit the bullet. Like maybe where the Governors safe house might be?
    Hmmm, good point!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    My one hope now is that they introduce a character into the show next season that is similar to the Andrea in the comics. There was no way they could rectify show Andrea for me, but to bring in someone new and have her take over that role, I'd be very happy with that.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 151 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast