Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 151 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    And that's the issue - you have to take the good with the bad. They can't just deviate off the path of the comics. I mean they have already added two characters that aren't even in the comics with merle and Darrel. It's all about how Robert kirkman wants his work portrayed.
    They've deviated a lot from the comics. Honestly I wish it was more like the books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Heather, I completely agree. I like the show, and I definitely look forward to it every week, but every time they make a major change, I think about how I'd have liked it better if they kept it how it happens in the comic. There a few key events that they changed that I really don't understand the thought process behind.

Still, I love the show and have fun watching it, but I've lost a good amount of the excitement I felt when they first started making it.
    Examples?
    Spoiler:
    My biggest issue is Shane's death. When Carl killed him in the comic, it was a hugely developmental event in his life and is one of my favorite parts of the whole series. I don't know if maybe they worried about showing that on television because Carl is so young or what. It was pretty disappointing for me, though.

I agree about Andrea also, I loved her in the comics. Now I pretty much want her to get killed off and am annoyed every time she's on screen. I also hated how they changed her and Dale's relationship. It was just something that I felt would have benefited the show; it would have made both the characters feel more relatable. Admittedly, with the actors cast for both characters, perhaps it wouldn't have translated as well. But I still feel as though it would have made Andrea seem less like a fucking moron in the past two seasons, had she made an emotional connection to a character like Dale.

So far I've been enjoying a lot of aspects of this season, but one thing that I think is a big mistake is that it doesn't really have the feeling that the comics had where the prison becomes a safe place for the group. In the comics, there is a time where everyone settles into the prison and tries to make it a home. You get the feeling that this could work (or rather, that they think this could work). And then the rug kind of gets pulled out from beneath them. In the show, that really hasn't happened; there have been constant issues since they've gotten there. I think it would have had a bigger impact had they started to feel safe before things went sour. Of course, arguments can be made against that. 1) You could say that there is a possibility that that could still happen. I guess that's true, but I can't see it happening without things starting to feel really dragged out. And 2) I have a friend who said it might have been boring to some viewers if the group grew comfortable in the prison and there wasn't constant action. But I think most viewers are smarter than that and would have known it wouldn't last, and also- some of the episodes in this season have been a little boring, to me at least.

I didn't really understand why they killed off Sophia, but it wasn't a huge deal to me because Carl is already so different than he is in the comics, I don't think their relationship would have been as meaningful on the show.

Also, I have to be honest, I just don't like the Governor. He started to grow on me for a few episodes, but that died away pretty quick. The way the actor delivers his lines, his accent, the way he walks, almost every thing about him bothers me, and not in a suitable, creepy way. I also am annoyed with the way they wrote his character, as if he was almost semi normal at first, and then became a sociopathic maniac after he lost Penny (and his eye.)

I don't dislike all the changes, obviously. I love Daryl, and I've started to really enjoy Carol every episode. She's almost become a figure of stability for the group, which is refreshing to see when the leaders of the group are having issues.

Also, like I said earlier, I do enjoy the show and look forward to it every week. And I was never expecting it to be everything I ever wished it could be after reading the comics, but if I'm being honest, I did expect it to be a little better.
    Well said. I completely agree with everything you just said. And I too hate the Governor. He's not the menacing character he is in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    They thought she was dead.

Walker or not, heads in a fishtank doesn't seem reasonable and rational behaviour for a leader of a community.

Michonne saved her life, not people from Woodbury.
    Yes...but in her eyes, they left her.

And no....walker-heads do not seem rational (of course, who knows what is rational in a zombie filled world)....but he did offer up an explanation as to why he had them.

And the people of Woodbury did save her life....the way I saw it, she was knocking on death's door with a bad case of the flu when Merle found/captured her, and they treated her.
    I disagree. She knows how long they searched for Sophia after she got lost, why would she think they wouldn't do the same for her? And even if they didn't, what were they supposed to do. They all had to flee the farm, and people will most likely get separated. She had to then fend for herself. And then later finding out that her group survived why would she not want to go try to find them. It doesn't make any sense to me as to why she would choose to stay. Especially knowing that the Governor isn't quite right in the head (and yes, I think she should really know this by now unless she has one braincell, which maybe she does with the way she's been acting ). I think her loyalties would lie first with Rick and the gang, then Michonne, then the Governor.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Tippy and Heather both have good points. She wasn't a bad character to begin with. She seems to have a thing for "bad boys" and is willing to turn a blind eye to some things, all because she probably wants some normalcy in her life.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I finally went and didi t!!! I picked up the first two volumes of the GN. I let you know as I go.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Well, I finally went and didi t!!! I picked up the first two volumes of the GN. I let you know as I go.
    I think you'll enjoy them. I read through the absolutes (finished the first three) - the 4th is sitting ready to be read (delayed gratification - waiting close to 2 years for each to be printed - might have to get the hardcovers in between though).

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, read the first five and they were pretty good though, real simple. For the most part I am cool with the TV changes especially regarding
    Spoiler:
    Adding Daryl and Merle and Rick keeping his hand
    The Gov. is certainly a different character (to me anyway) in the comics as opposed to the show.

I think I'll keep going awhile longer....
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a hard time with Merle quoting The Bible last night....that was a bit of a stretch.

I watched Talking Dead today, and it turns out Chris Hardwick will be hosting the cast event I am going to Friday night......so that makes it more "official" in my opinion, which makes me think that most, if not all of the cast will be there.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Very boring episode in my opinion. But next week looks pretty good. Non-stop zombie action!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I liked the episode. It seems like Andrea has chosen her side. I'm sure the group would've taken her back if they could take Merle in.

I don't think there'll be a lot of zombie action. A few heads blown here and there but I'm more interested in what happens between two groups. The Walking Dead is a reference to the survivors.

edit: additional points: 1. Andrea and Milton with that walker in the woods. That was great. 2. How long can the build up to Carol and Darryl getting freaky possibly be?

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I had a hard time with Merle quoting The Bible last night....that was a bit of a stretch.
    He has an entire library at his disposal and he chooses the bible to read and memorize? Yeah, bit of a stretch.

I liked this episode. No ghosts, no long debates. Andrea is an idiot, tho.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

It's not really a stretch - he's a southern boy probably brought up in a religious albeit abusive family. Plus we don't know anything about him, so maybe he was deeply religious.

But I'm interested - why is there an issue with that?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not really a stretch - he's a southern boy probably brought up in a religious albeit abusive family. Plus we don't know anything about him, so maybe he was deeply religious.

I'm with ya on that. Isn't it a stereotype that a lot of Redneck Racists are "Bible Thumpers" as well?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I'm with ya on that. Isn't it a stereotype that a lot of Redneck Racists are "Bible Thumpers" as well?
    Ive never read the comics but in the show he never displayed any religious tendencies whatsoever. He also doesnt show regret nor remorse for any of his evil doings. Seems to enjoy it, in fact. So to me for him to be studying the bible as he's running around killing, beating, stealing, is a stretch.
    Bit surprised I have to explain that. Seems obvious.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post

Ive never read the comics but in the show he never displayed any religious tendencies whatsoever. He also doesnt show regret nor remorse for any of his evil doings. Seems to enjoy it, in fact. So to me for him to be studying the bible as he's running around killing, beating, stealing, is a stretch.
    I gotta disagree with you there. Seems to me like a perfectly logical standpoint for, Merle!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Was he not asking God for mercy or something when he was handcuffed to the rooftop? When he was talking to God is seemed like he was a little versed in the subject.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Plus Merle is not in the comics. But just because someone has to do deplorable things to survive doesn't mean they aren't religious.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

And to think I couldn't hate Andrea any more than I already did... She was ridiculous in this past episode. I hope she's killed off in the next one.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I have known/known of all kinds of people well versed in the Bible who have done horrible, deplorable things.

A couple of examples from the news and such:

The Green River Killer, Gary Ridgeway attended church regularly, read the Bible at home and at work, and talked about religion with co-workers.

The BTK killer, Dennis Rader, killed ten victims in and around Wichita, Kansas. He was president of his church.

Plus, there are all of the things like the sea of pedophiles discovered among the priests of the Catholic church.

People who read, and even follow the Bible do deplorable things all the time.
    While a good number of Christians are good people, professing to being a Christian(which Merle never did) and showing interest in the Bible(which has quite a number of gruesome things in it for someone of Merle's temperament), does not make one a good person.
    I expect, as someone already said, Merle was probably raised by a Christian, probably Southern or Old Regular Baptist family, so perhaps in his down time he decided to read the book and see if he could find any answers as to why the world went to shit. *shrug*
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

If Andrea isn't eaten by a zombie, crotch first, I will be sorely disappointed.

And yes, anyone can quote Scripture. Wow. What a shocker. I could quote Firelfly and speak the lingo years before I watched it. Proves nothing.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    That is brilliant!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post

I gotta disagree with you there. Seems to me like a perfectly logical standpoint for, Merle!!!

Come on guys...not only is it a stretch for Merle to read The Bible, but to have read it so many times that he can quote it chapter and verse?

Maybe if it was Penthouse Forum or Guns & Ammo....but not The Bible. I don't dispute the claim made above that religious people are often responsible for horrible actions....what I do dispute is that Merle would have any interest in that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobia View Post
    Was he not asking God for mercy or something when he was handcuffed to the rooftop? When he was talking to God is seemed like he was a little versed in the subject.
    Anybody who is facing death by zombie is instantly religious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    That is brilliant!
    This may be the best post written in this thread....and possibly in the history of the universe.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I gotta agree to disagree with you there.

Most of the stereotypical Rednecks are portrayed as "Bible thumpers". Though the "Woodbury had an awsome library" line was a little much, but other than that, I could see it as part of his upbringing. Sometimes, you just gotta roll with the story... Guess that's what I have chosen to do in that regard.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Inspired

You also have to realize you just stereotyped Merle into an uneducated redneck category. Haven't you ever seen rocket city rednecks? I have a masters in biology but those guys from the Deep South are leagues above me in brains. Also my family is from the Deep South, Louisiana to be exact, have no college education yet in a bible battle they could whoop anyone's ass.

Merlin I agree the library comment was a bit much. But I still stand by my comment that Merle could be well versed in the bible. Some people are just like that. - as another reference think about the movie the book of Eli.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the "bible verse" scene was made for us to feel sympathy for Merle, to ease his way into the goodness of our hearts. "Merle is forgivable." "Merle isn't so bad after all." "If he read the Bible enough to memorize it, maybe he read it because he felt guilty about all the bad shit he has done?" "Maybe he's more intelligent than we give him credit for, being able to understand and memorize the Bible." ... etc etc.

Well, not me. Merle is a bad guy, at his core. And no amount of hanging out with his brother and/or the group is going to change that. He might do something big right before he dies, therefore "cleaning the slate", so to speak ... but Merlie is a bad guy. Plain and simple.

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

And yes, anyone can quote Scripture. Wow. What a shocker. I could quote Firelfly and speak the lingo years before I watched it. Proves nothing.
    TV!Andrea would get her ass kicked by Comic!Andrea so hard.

My Mood
    Twisted

Sorry, I gotta agree to disagree with you there.

Most of the stereotypical Rednecks are portrayed as "Bible thumpers". Though the "Woodbury had an awsome library" line was a little much, but other than that, I could see it as part of his upbringing. Sometimes, you just gotta roll with the story... Guess that's what I have chosen to do in that regard.
    My argument is that neither Merle nor Daryl have ever displayed any "bible thumping" tendencies - no hint that they were brought up that way or are religious in any way whatsoever - and his comment on the awesome library seems to indicate that he sought out the bible there at the library, not before. You're assuming he was already a "bible thumper" just because he is also a "redneck" (all your words, Merlin). I think Shannon is probably correct in that the entire Bible Quote is a lead in for us to start thinking he feels guilt and a set up that he is going to redeem himself. I cry bullshit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 151 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast