Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 151 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Neegan is a typical sociopath, unlike the governor who was a psychopath... I like him! He enjoys hurting people it actually makes him happy...

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

A lot of complaints I heard about last episode, mostly about stories not being mixed between episodes. I know people don't like that, but it makes production way easier so it's going to keep happening. And it's not just a matter of cost saving or whatever. Andrew Lincoln is going to be in this show for years longer, and he's far more liable to want to stick around for another six seasons if he's only working on 10 episodes instead of 16.

All in all it was pretty much what I expected it to be from one of my favourite issues. Sadly, my favourite part of the issue (that I posted the other day) wasn't included, which is a shame because Negan feeling bad about making Olivia cry for calling her fat was the first wrinkle in Negan, which not only gave Olivia something, but her future interactions with Olivia and Negan have a certain something to them. My second favourite part was built up. The whole idea of Spenser stealing food and liquor was done in the comics in the aftermath of the zombies overrunning Alexandria. COMICS SPOILER FOR THIS ISSUE
    Spoiler:
    I hope we get to see the infamous "You do have guts" line. Again, this was Negan's second wrinkle because he was really doing Rick a favour and truly did show Negan IS reasonable

I know there was a lot of stuff that seemed like filler but there really wasn't much in this episode that didn't have a point to it. All of it meant something, even the Morse Code poster on the wall COMICS SPOILER
    Spoiler:
    Morse code seems to be the most efficient way of communicating with Hilltop and The Kingdom
    . For an extended episode it had the least amount of filler in it so far this season.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I know almost all will not understand what I am about to say...I do not appreciate the crude language they have introduced to the show. I do not think it advances character development or growth and is frankly not needed. It is just another "zinger" they are using to spice things up. It feels like a lazy way to do things.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugh. I'm already bored of Negan. Can we kill him and move on to the next villain already, please?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ben, Negan is way more graphic in the novels. He swears constantly and says much more filthy things. That last line to Rick isn't "just another zinger". It's literally how Negan operates. He told Rick the blunt truth of what the whole song and dance was.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure he is. We had been watching the show with my 17 year old daughter. She is 17 and I'm sure hears much worse around school but we don't talk like that at home. I am just a little disappointed by this somewhat new use of language on the show. I'm not sheltering her but frankly the language is pretty rough at points and I know it makes her uncomfortable just like it does us. It has kind of ruined Sunday night for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Ben, Negan is way more graphic in the novels. He swears constantly and says much more filthy things. That last line to Rick isn't "just another zinger". It's literally how Negan operates. He told Rick the blunt truth of what the whole song and dance was.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Fair point. Made me think of Sheila from the South Park movie though.

"Remember what the MPAA says; horrific, deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words!"

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I know almost all will not understand what I am about to say...I do not appreciate the crude language they have introduced to the show. I do not think it advances character development or growth and is frankly not needed. It is just another "zinger" they are using to spice things up. It feels like a lazy way to do things.
    Yes, and no. The problem is that many of these lines, like the "throat" one, come directly from the original source material. I do agree it's lazy to that extent, in that I would like to see the series rise above the graphic novels. My guess is they are caught up in serving two masters right now (the graphic novel readers and those who just watch the show) and are potentially pleasing neither.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I'm sure he is. We had been watching the show with my 17 year old daughter. She is 17 and I'm sure hears much worse around school but we don't talk like that at home. I am just a little disappointed by this somewhat new use of language on the show. I'm not sheltering her but frankly the language is pretty rough at points and I know it makes her uncomfortable just like it does us. It has kind of ruined Sunday night for us.
    That's funny because we watch with our 20 and 18 year old daughters and we totally talk like that at home. If we had a swear jar in our house it would be full in a week. For us it's just normal and we don't even really notice the swearing all that much. If anything, it makes it more realistic that the characters are talking in a way that we are used to.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Ugh. I'm already bored of Negan. Can we kill him and move on to the next villain already, please?
    As Matt mentioned:

Sadly, my favourite part of the issue (that I posted the other day) wasn't included, which is a shame because Negan feeling bad about making Olivia cry for calling her fat was the first wrinkle in Negan, which not only gave Olivia something, but her future interactions with Olivia and Negan have a certain something to them.
    I believe this is what is missing with his character. We need to see another side of him or he is going to become a cartoon really quick.

I didn't grow up in a house that swore either. I went to Catholic school from K through high school. With that said, the language doesn't bother me. I guess I'm just used to it.

I know I got in trouble in another thread about similar subject matter, but I'll never understand the big deal with swear words. Somebody designated that a bunch of words were naughty. It's fairly arbitrary when you think about it. Fuck is bad and makes people uncomfortable, but if I walked around screaming "FLAX!" nobody would give a
    Spoiler:
    shit
    . If your daughter grew up saying, "FLAX you mom and dad! I flaxing hate you!" It's just as bad. You know what she really means, but most people still wouldn't care.

A word only has power if you give it power.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Negan definitely becomes more and more developed as the comics continue. That's what I like so much about him. He is the best character in the comics. Morgan plays him real good, and I get people not getting into him, but in keep telling those disliking him to have patience because the best is yet to come. Dwight too is a real good character, especially in his relationship to Negan. What makes Negan a good villain too is what he brings out in other characters. Olivia was just a name until Negan and their interactions during the course of the comics are a highlight. I think we will see the scenes lacking this past episode in the near future.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

I'm with you. Very disappointed in, Negan so far. Enough with the animated, staccato delivery already!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those familiar with Morse Code, Daryl blinked "six miles east" when Rick was trying to talk to him.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    For those familiar with Morse Code, Daryl blinked "six miles east" when Rick was trying to talk to him.
    Awesome catch, TDogz!

In regards to the last episode, I call an episode like that an identifier episode. It's how you separate The Walking Dead fan that is unbiased about the show, from the fan that views the show as doing no wrong in their eyes. If somebody says, "Holy shit, epic fucking episode last night!" in regards to last night's show, you know they belong in the latter category.

It wasn't a terrible episode by any means, it's just about as average as it gets.

The story with the girl and Enid is just brain numbing. I'm sorry, I'm not sure I've ever invested less in two people on a show.

Also, all of Negan's disciples feel the same to me, including Negan. They are all a mix of cocky, sarcastic and witty. I'd like to see a little more variation with those guys.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it me or was the "Negan" Rep in this episode also a "Host" in "Westworld"?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Darryl didn't blink anything.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Darryl didn't blink anything.
    Sure about that?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That Morse Code picture has been in several episodes, dating back to season five. He doesn't blink anything. He's tired, been kept in a dark room for days at a time, and can barely look his 'brother' in the face after Glenn's death. Rick is of course concerned for the state Daryl is in. How would Daryl know where The Sanctuary is? We already saw bagging heads is a practise of the saviors, so I doubt he even saw anything to have any intel for Rick. Six miles east? Negan's compound is just six miles away and hundreds of saviors never once stumbled across Alexandria? And he also didn't even mention it to Michonne. I thought the whole Enid is a spy theory was baseless, but this one is far worse.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    He's Rebus

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Indeed he is. If you're a gamer, he's known more as the voice actor for Trevor Phillips in Grand Theft Auto 5.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I choose to believe Darryl did blink code... makes it coooooooooooool
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    He's Rebus
    I thought so, thanks!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay. I'll give you the first episode centering around Rick and crew. It makes sense with the gravity of the situation. I'll give you the second episode, centering around Morgan and Carol. I'll even give you the third episode centering around Daryl and Dwight at Negan's place.

But this? This I cannot abide. I will not abide. I can't wait to see you guys sweat your asses off trying to justify a whole episode of Big Boobs and The Land of the Lesbians.

To be clear, I'm not saying I don't want to see that story, I'm just saying that other threads needed to be mixed in. There's literally nothing you can say to convince me otherwise. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys try though.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Arghh. Another okay episode that had a few things I was confused about. Can anyway explain the sequence on the bridge?...Maybe a rewatch will clear it up for me. I thought when Tara and the other dude first showed up on the bridge they climbed up the containers and crossed the bridge towards the dump trucks. They then were overrun and Tara fell off the bridge and the guy feel back towards the containers. On Tara's return trip she started out at the containers moving towards the dump trunks. She then saw the all female group going home towards the containers...skip forward and Tara is looking at a road with tire marks. I'm assuming at some point she had to either A) Go back towards the container or over the dump trunks. B) What happened to their RV? C) To go home it is assumed she would have needed to start on the bridge side with the containers.

Does anyone understand what I'm asking? That sequence made zero sense to me.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Arghh. Another okay episode that had a few things I was confused about. Can anyway explain the sequence on the bridge?...Maybe a rewatch will clear it up for me. I thought when Tara and the other dude first showed up on the bridge they climbed up the containers and crossed the bridge towards the dump trucks. They then were overrun and Tara fell off the bridge and the guy feel back towards the containers. On Tara's return trip she started out at the containers moving towards the dump trunks. She then saw the all female group going home towards the containers...skip forward and Tara is looking at a road with tire marks. I'm assuming at some point she had to either A) Go back towards the container or over the dump trunks. B) What happened to their RV? C) To go home it is assumed she would have needed to start on the bridge side with the containers.

Does anyone understand what I'm asking? That sequence made zero sense to me.
    I'd have to go back and watch it again. There might have been some odd camera placement which confused perspective. That or continuity issues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 151 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast