Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 151 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I don't expect the Negan plotline to wrap up before the end of Season 8.
    I expect a FULL 2 seasons.. maybe even 3. I read somewhere that the show plans on 12 seasons to tell the story. I can see that... after 12 years... it will be time. SO I do agree with you... 2 seasons for sure
    As long as the ratings are good and the network is making money, it will stay on the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So this could just be me, but I'm not a fan of how they jump around with their storytelling. Meaning going from one story to a different storyline in the next episode. You have a strong, emotional episode to open with. Kill off two main characters, and then this was a very lighthearted episode. We now have to wait another episode to maybe see the effects of Negan on the group. I wish they would interweave them because it completely takes me out of it. I think this might be the year where I slowly stop watching the show.
    Hmm... not sure how I feel about this. One of my very few gripes with Game of Thrones is that it tries to do too much in a single episode. You get the POV of like 7 different characters, and in some cases you only get to spend 5 minutes an episode on them and then won't see them until 2 eps later. Now that drives me nuts.
    I agree with your point about GoT. But this has always annoyed me a little bit with this show, but most especially this past week. And it was probably magnified for me because the episodes were in such contrast to each other. Looks like I'm the only one though.
    I'm with Heather. I'm not asking for constant flipping back and forth or anything. Also, it's a little different for Game of Thrones. It only has 10 episodes to tell 8 or 10 different storylines. It literally doesn't have the luxury of spending an entire episode on one storyline. I think they've only done it twice and that was Battle of Blackwater and the Battle at Castle Black. They might have done it last year too with the Battle of the Bastards.

The main difference is GoT has a full hour to work with and WD is around 42 minutes with commercials.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Walking Dead and GoT have pretty much the same amount of time The extra 20 mins they get per episode pretty much evens them out minute wise. I like the more focuses stories but they can't do it every episode. They typically haven't been having much more than two storylines going at a time for most of the season. I have a feeling episode 3 will be split between Negan arriving at Alexandria for the first time and Daryll at the Sanctuary.

The latest issue of the comics was really good. COMICS SPOILERS
    Spoiler:
    The Whisperers arc has been my favourite so far and the Whisper War hasn't yet disappointed. Is this the end of The Hilltop? Leaving us hanging with Maggie rushing to save Hershel and Sophia as Barrington House burns and Lydia executing an attacking Whisperer was a solid way to end it. I can only imagine we're going to see a few more deaths in the next two issues to really leave a lasting impact with The Whisperer War, not that the infamous issue 144 where we saw the deaths of various minor characters and Rosita and Ezekiel, but Father Gabriel has died as well. Is it Maggie's time? Sophia's? Will Maggie lose both children and continue who string of losing all her family piece by piece? Waiting a month between issues sucks lol. I was spoiled jumping on so late and reading the first 130 issues in a row. I've also liked the way Kirkman introduced Stephanie on the CB radio and her conversations with Eugene so the layover between major storylines shouldn't been too long. The Whisperers were introduced not long after All Out War, but it took almost two years of comic releases for it to really start become a conflict.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Walking Dead and GoT have pretty much the same amount of time The extra 20 mins they get per episode pretty much evens them out minute wise. I like the more focuses stories but they can't do it every episode. They typically haven't been having much more than two storylines going at a time for most of the season. I have a feeling episode 3 will be split between Negan arriving at Alexandria for the first time and Daryll at the Sanctuary.

The latest issue of the comics was really good. COMICS SPOILERS
    Spoiler:
    The Whisperers arc has been my favourite so far and the Whisper War hasn't yet disappointed. Is this the end of The Hilltop? Leaving us hanging with Maggie rushing to save Hershel and Sophia as Barrington House burns and Lydia executing an attacking Whisperer was a solid way to end it. I can only imagine we're going to see a few more deaths in the next two issues to really leave a lasting impact with The Whisperer War, not that the infamous issue 144 where we saw the deaths of various minor characters and Rosita and Ezekiel, but Father Gabriel has died as well. Is it Maggie's time? Sophia's? Will Maggie lose both children and continue who string of losing all her family piece by piece? Waiting a month between issues sucks lol. I was spoiled jumping on so late and reading the first 130 issues in a row. I've also liked the way Kirkman introduced Stephanie on the CB radio and her conversations with Eugene so the layover between major storylines shouldn't been too long. The Whisperers were introduced not long after All Out War, but it took almost two years of comic releases for it to really start become a conflict.
    Yeah, it's about the same. WD ends up having about an hour and a half more than GoT. Like I said though, GoT juggles way more stories.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Shows without commercial breaks are structured very different too. No "need" to keep viewers intrigued to not change the channel.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

But since they're only juggling two or three storylines, not 1000 like GoT, doesn't it seem like it would be better to interweave them? Keep the flow going. See what's happening at the same time. Keep the momentum instead of breaking it up. It was just so jarring this past week. They could have been 2 different shows.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think they kept it more lighthearted to help soothe more casual fans. They did the same thing when we met Jesus after the Anderson family went down and Carl was shot. All Out War does lend itself to more mixed episodes, so I have a feeling we'll see more of them, probably more in the second half.

The first half of season 6 was what, 5 of 8 plot centric episodes? Didn't even see Daryl for four episodes I think lol. They'd be ill advised to not have Negan in pretty much every episode. He needs lots of screen time.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shows without commercial breaks are structured very different too. No "need" to keep viewers intrigued to not change the channel.
    Oh yeah, I forgot that people still watch shit live. I haven't watched a commercial in about 5 years. I create perfect lag in order to fast forward through commercials on every show I watch. I start Walking Dead about 20 minutes after it starts which allows me to buzz through commercials.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Torrenting is commercial free. People need to watch live so their tweet about every minor event.

"Daryll shared that soda with Rick! #brothersshareeverything"

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Torrenting is commercial free. People need to watch live so their tweet about every minor event.

"Daryll shared that soda with Rick! #brothersshareeverything"
    Can you get a torrent the same day it airs though? I'd worry about watching a show like WD the next day. Too many spoilers out there. I'd have to go off the grid.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You don't even have to get the torrent, just stream it. I'm a technological caveman and I figured out a way to watch it commercial-free minutes after it airs. In HD too.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have my torrent downloaded by 10:30pm. Perfect quality. South Park is the same thing, downloading it within ten minutes of airing.

The problem with streaming it is I don't have it after. Now I can give the file for my friend to watch or watch it again in the dark woods with no internet like i was doing a few weeks ago with season 6.5. I can also stream it through my Xbox and get my surround sound.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

AMC have just released this super lifelike Glenn action figure....

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    AMC have just released this super lifelike Glenn action figure....

Brilliant... love it

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anybody think they were watching a cooking show at the start of the episode last night?

Anyway, very strong episode. I wasn't expecting it to focus so much on Dwight, but it was cool learning a little bit more about him. I'm with Daryl sticking to his guns, but he already got Glenn killed. He might just want to comply at this point. Get close to Negan. Slit his throat. That's what my plan would be.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

A lot of people are hating on the episode lol. I mean, it wasn't amazing, but it was well structured and Dwight's portrayal on the television show is everything I could have hoped for as he is a very conflicted character. So glad they kept Negan emasculating Dwight in all it's douchery. I am hoping we see someone get ironed in the first half of this season. The opening with Dwight was excellent and it gave insight not only to The Sanctuary, but into Dwight's personality too. The song choices were really great, and I blame The Kingdom's choir for putting Don't Think Twice, It's Alright by Bob Dylan in my head for the past week.

So far this season is rating a solid 9 for me, especially since they're taking their time establishing the foundation for the next two seasons. With All Out War (probably the entirety of season 8 or at least the second of of Season 8) being so fast paced with so much happening per comic issue, they really need to establish as much as possible in these first 8 episodes for the betterment of everything to come.

If I were to structure episode 4, I would do the first third to half of the episode entirely focused on Tara and Heath out on their run. Have them nearly die and come back empty handed and defeated, only for Tara to discover her girlfriend has been killed, and two of the people from the group she knew the longest, Glenn and Abraham, have both in been killed, and just as she's reacting to the news, BANG BANG BANG Negan knocks on the gates with Lucille.

COMICS SPOILER for issues around the show's current point
    Spoiler:
    I am wondering if Tara could be the one to be killed by Negan upon his first visit to Alexandria. In the comics it's Spencer who dies, and the death is PERFECT, not just as a logical course of action for Spencer to take, but it establishes Negan as someone almost trustworthy and gives us Negan's first wrinkle. I hope it's still Spencer that dies, but I have to imagine if any character is going to be killed soon, Tara is probably a high candidate. I'm a big fan of her character (she's probably my favourite original character in the show) but she's likeable enough and has been around long enough her death will have a decent amount of gravitas.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great episode! I think I would have given in...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, this so far... has been my favorite season I think. I mean, season 2 and the reveal of the walkers in the barn and the fact that Sofia was one of them... just floored me and my wife. I loved it. Season 1 was stellar as well for me... and this is right up there. Next week the episode is 84 mins long... thank you AMC!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys are really blowing your loads in here.

I'm gonna have to play Devil's advocate; Negan is a bit disappointing. I expected a little more from him this past episode than Evil Smiles and saying "super hot" in the same paragraph 4 times. I want to see other qualities that make him terrifying.

Maybe I'm hoping for too much though. This is the Walking Dead after all, where they treat all their villains like blunt objects.

Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE Negan. After the Governor which was so underwhelming.. I am loving Negan. Let's give him more of a chance than a couple episodes shall we?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanna see Lucille getting cleaned. Who has that duty? All that nasty clotted blood, brain matter and bits o'skull.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well I apparently am in the minority. This season so far is pretty boring... I enjoyed the first episode, but I think my main problem is what I stated earlier. They need to weave the storylines together. I think I'm just going to skip watching the remaining episodes and watch them all back to back once they've all aired. Maybe then it won't bother me as much.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm gonna have to play Devil's advocate; Negan is a bit disappointing. I expected a little more from him this past episode than Evil Smiles and saying "super hot" in the same paragraph 4 times. I want to see other qualities that make him terrifying.

Maybe I'm hoping for too much though. This is the Walking Dead after all, where they treat all their villains like blunt objects.
    A lot of that is hype of Negan being some 'big bad' and without knowing his character I can see him being underwhelming, at least for what we've seen of him. He is simply the best character in The Walking Dead comics. No one else comes close for me. If you aren't buying into him as a character after he visits Alexandria for the first time, then I don't know what to tell you lol. That is one of my favourite issues in the comics.

And this single image alone on the Season 7 trailer got me more excited than anything else, because I can't wait to see how they adapt that issue

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed the episode, I wouldn't put myself in the category of people blowing loads. Especially Webstar up there who thinks it's the best season so far. I just don't see that.

Also, I'll agree I was hoping to see a little more teeth from Negan last episode, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt knowing that he will have many moments coming up I'm sure.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Negan, is a bit formulaic so far. I expected a little more from him after the first episode. He's a badass. Be a Badass, not this comical version from the last episode quoting predictable lines and quips. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 151 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast