Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 151 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

No one noticed the "dumpster" was a little high off the ground?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't think about Glenn's "death" logistically, think about it in terms of story telling. Would the show really sacrifice one of its most beloved characters in a situations like this? Or will the writers have him die doing (or attempting to do) something heroic that saves several lives? I'm willing to bet it's the latter. This was just too unceremonious for a character of that stature. It would be like killing Daryl on a supply run. It just doesn't fit.

This episode was intense, but I'm going to have to break up the reverie here... I think the show is losing steam, and has been for a while. I feel like this Glenn smoke screen is there to mask the redundancies of the show. I mean, how many times are we going to see the group build up a community/fortress only for a group of unhinged assholes to come tearing it all down? It's getting really stale and I find myself caring less and less about who goes or who stays.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The dumpster is tall but walkers have crawled under things to get at people before. Even under the dumpster how would he defend himself on all four sides?

I have seen enough evidence to think they might keep him alive but that would be too much of a "gotcha" trick to pull on the viewers. I could see them doing it to give us the false sense that they won't kill him only to yank the rug out from under us later. I just think that would be a dumb thing to do. Otherwise the first episodes of the season have been great.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Dumpster was protected on one side by the fence, and on the other by the feasting zombie pileup.

Still going with fakeout. Just like with "that certain main character on Game of Thrones," if they were going to one million percent kill someone off, then we wouldn't be discussing it right now. If we have to ask "Is he dead?" then the writers and creators and showrunner failed miserably. And how often does that happen. Never.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see how its unceremonious for him to die like this. He died attempting to save others with a guy he was trying to save. Him dying like this is all more tragic. The big characters don't always need to go out in a special way. A main character getting eaten by walkers re-establishes the Walker as the primary threat. The fact that, if he is dead, no one will probably ever truly know, brings the shows world to such a stark, bleak reality: people can just vanish.

Main characters don't need to die only in finales, that's predictable, and main characters should be able to go down in totally wasteful ways because in this world sometimes people just die needlessly, alone, a victim of circumstances, and their own character, which would be the case with Glenn.

I'd rather him be dead than for it to be a fakeout. The only way I could accept him being alive is if they were eating Nicholas and someone is RIGHT THERE, drawn by all the gunfire, saw them fall, and immediately found a way to draw the walkers away in time to save him. The walkers just not noticing him slink away is way too damn impossible, and they would totally notice him and eat him.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The fact that it is NOT clear cut and we are all speculating CONFIRMS in my mind that he is alive and well. And Shannon your prob right... slipped under the dumpster while they were tearing apart buddy who fell on him... it is NOT Glenn's time yet. And we shall not speak of it here...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    The more I read the more I am sure he is not dead yet. The producer of the episode talks about how they had to film the guts scene a very specific way and says they are not done with Glenn this season. That could mean a flashback but I don't think it does. I still think it is unrealistic so I hope it serves a really important purpose to do it this way.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The well, it's clear cut he's dead to me outside the scenario I wrote above. All it takes is one of those walkers seeing him move and he's done under the dumpster. Like, he was screaming. Surely they heard him.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gueermo View Post
    I don't see how its unceremonious for him to die like this. He died attempting to save others with a guy he was trying to save.
    Attempting to save a character everyone detested. Not exactly how I pictured one of Walking Dead's "Big 3" going out.

The big characters don't always need to go out in a special way. A main character getting eaten by walkers re-establishes the Walker as the primary threat. The fact that, if he is dead, no one will probably ever truly know, brings the shows world to such a stark, bleak reality: people can just vanish.
    I would love if Glenn truly was dead for the reasons you mentioned above, but the truth is we're dealing with lowest common denominator entertainment here; the fake out was used as a cheap way of creating drama.

Main characters don't need to die only in finales, that's predictable, and main characters should be able to go down in totally wasteful ways because in this world sometimes people just die needlessly, alone, a victim of circumstances, and their own character, which would be the case with Glenn.
    See above.

I'd rather him be dead than for it to be a fakeout. The only way I could accept him being alive is if they were eating Nicholas and someone is RIGHT THERE, drawn by all the gunfire, saw them fall, and immediately found a way to draw the walkers away in time to save him. The walkers just not noticing him slink away is way too damn impossible, and they would totally notice him and eat him.
    Prepare to be disappointed my friend.

It will be a convenient 11th hour distraction like you mentioned, or some bullshit explanation regarding his scent being masked by blood. Lazy writing. Just wait and see.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I won't be disappointed if he's alive depending on how it is done. That Jesus character is supposed to be coming on the show, so if he is the one who saves Glenn, at least it is a good way to bring a new character in. If it's 'lolz the blood masked his scent' then that's just silly. It's one thing to cloak with the smell of the dead, but Nicholas is way too fresh and I think all of Nick's blood would just make him more appetizing to the walkers, like pouring gravy on turkey.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I won't be disappointed if he's alive depending on how it is done. That Jesus character is supposed to be coming on the show, so if he is the one who saves Glenn, at least it is a good way to bring a new character in.
    http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/10/26/...roof-not-dead/
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That set photo doesn't mean anything. Maybe it was a Maggie Centric episode and he was filming flashback scenes for that. You never know.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

That set photo doesn't mean anything. Maybe it was a Maggie Centric episode and he was filming flashback scenes for that. You never know.
    It contains a character that hasn't been introduced yet...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    So you're saying if Glenn is on set to film post-death Flashbacks like Herschel he's not allowed to go near new characters on set?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So you're saying if Glenn is on set to film post-death Flashbacks like Herschel he's not allowed to go near new characters on set?

Ummm, I don't think he saying that at all. I think he means that the photo also contains a character that has yet to be introduced on the show live. The guy in the skull cap maybe?
    He doesn't look familiar to me. While we're at it, the caption says, Rick is in there as well, but I'll be damed if I could spot him!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

My guess is that he's probably still alive, although I find it extremely unlikely that he would be able escape. So if he is still alive they better somehow come up with something plausible. And I agree with others that this whole fake death thing is a bit ridiculous. And if he is really dead, then I wish they had made his death more finite so we could mourn him instead of questioning it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Babadook View Post
    My guess is that he's probably still alive, although I find it extremely unlikely that he would be able escape. So if he is still alive they better somehow come up with something plausible. And I agree with others that this whole fake death thing is a bit ridiculous. And if he is really dead, then I wish they had made his death more finite so we could mourn him instead of questioning it.
    All of this speculation kind of reminds me of that scene with, Tyrese. I forget what season and episode, but I'm sure you will all recall that scene by a vehicle where he was literally mauled by like 40 walkers and then magically reappears in the next episode. That one was crazy as well, but they did it anyway. Now that I think about it, there have been several times when they were in "No Escape" scenario's and still made it out intact. FWIW the show still thrived.

Edit: Seems to me that the overall audience is so wrapped up in the characters that they suspend belief and are just happy their beloved characters survived, no? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Ummm, I don't think he saying that at all. I think he means that the photo also contains a character that has yet to be introduced on the show live. The guy in the skull cap maybe?
    He doesn't look familiar to me. While we're at it, the caption says, Rick is in there as well, but I'll be damed if I could spot him!! LOL

Yes, I know that, but it is not evidence Glenn is alive. That photo has no context. Yuen could have swung by for a visit. We have no way of knowing.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

All of this speculation kind of reminds me of that scene with, Tyrese. I forget what season and episode, but I'm sure you will all recall that scene by a vehicle where he was literally mauled by like 40 walkers and then magically reappears in the next episode. That one was crazy as well, but they did it anyway. Now that I think about it, there have been several times when they were in "No Escape" scenario's and still made it out intact. FWIW the show still thrived.
    That's is true, but having read the comics it seemed completely in line with his character.
    comic spoiler

Edit: Seems to me that the overall audience is so wrapped up in the characters that they suspend belief and are just happy their beloved characters survived, no? LOL
    They sure do It also makes me wonder if they'll have him survive only to kill him at the end of the season.

Country
    Country Flag

They sure do It also makes me wonder if they'll have him survive only to kill him at the end of the season.
    This is probably what will happen.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

*I just realized that there are some King related spoilers in this post. Warning!!*

I have been a fan of the show since the beginning but only checked the last page or two of the thread tonight, wondering what the prevelant feeling was about last sunday.

One thing that i noticed was the concept of "untouchable" characters. "XXXX can't be dead, she's to important!"
    Are we really going to discuss the death of untouchables on the same website dedicated to the guy who, for NO REASON I could see, decided that Mattie should die in Bag Of Bones? Or Alice in Cell? Their deaths served no purpose other than to Mess With My Head!

I believe that it is King himself who has shown us that no-one is safe if that is where the story has taken the writer. Do I like it? Hell no. Do I keep forgiving them and continue reading/watching? Yup.

Back on topic, i also feel that the way Glenns possible demise was staged and depicted was to arbitrary and unclear. IF he is dead, than not only do we need to deal with that, but also the fact that no-one was there to stop him from turning. I' m not sure any fan would tolerate that.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Country
    Country Flag

What would be left to turn?

Which reminds me... Why in the hell didn't Michonne put the guy she had just be trying to comfort out of his misery when the zombies had him pinned against the fence? I can understand why they couldn't help the girl but they had the perfect setup to end his misery.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    What would be left to turn?.
    I seem to remember some cases of little more than a head attached to a pile of goo. As long as the brain is intact, they turn, right?
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    What would be left to turn?

Which reminds me... Why in the hell didn't Michonne put the guy she had just be trying to comfort out of his misery when the zombies had him pinned against the fence? I can understand why they couldn't help the girl but they had the perfect setup to end his misery.
    I was wondering the exact same thing. It seemed very mean to just leave him there suffering like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 151 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 ... LastLast