Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 151 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I forgot to mention I loved the nod to The Wire with Michonne whistling The Farmer in the Dell. Pretty cool.

Yeah, if "Omar" went that way she would be the one!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I took those scenes you referenced as sarcasm from Negan. In regards to not hitting his wives he doesn't need to...he hurts other people they care about. Plus there is the little fact that most if not all can either work for points or be with him. It is all abuse.

The comparison to the Wolves and Ricks group is certainly valid however the "why" of the action may be more important.

Mainly I feel the show has become a bit less about traditional drama and more about one liners and gore. In my own head I truly try and make all my concerns go away but I do feel the show has transitioned from drama with elements of fantasy to a popcorn fun summer movie.
    Negan is sadistic and enjoys being cruel, but to an extent. There are times when his cruelty is unwarranted and it does make him feel bad and he's quick to apologise. When people have wronged him he loves rubbing salt in the wounds, as we see mostly with Dwight. In the end, he still has a soft spot for women and children and tends to focus most of his sadism on men, mostly because he gains power through emasculating them. They do a bit of a clearer job in the comics with establishing Negan as more moral than most villains, they're just holding it off a bit on the show. Negan's face in this scene in the comics expresses much more clear remorse than JDM, who, while showing remorse, I can see how it can be interpreted as sarcasm considering how he's been leading up to this.

The way the comics goes AFTER the current arc is very different and it returns to it's more dramatic roots. Many comic fans complained it's been too slow, whereas I love that slower pacing with more focus on characters.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, the silence pretty much says it all about what people thought about the midseason finale ... lol

I thought it was alright, nothing special. Interested to see how these events impact the next few episodes, with Darryl gone from the compound, so on and so on.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The way this show is going they should rename it Game of Zombie Thrones"!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Well, the silence pretty much says it all about what people thought about the midseason finale ... lol
    It's on our DVR. We typically don't watch it until Monday night.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. It was okay. I didn't notice until last night but Darryl seemed to have really put on some weight.

I thought it was alright, nothing special. Interested to see how these events impact the next few episodes, with Darryl gone from the compound, so on and so on.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Iwritecode, sorry for the semi-spoiler, then. But then again, it's your fault if you come into the thread without seeing the episode first, lol.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Iwritecode, sorry for the semi-spoiler, then. But then again, it's your fault if you come into the thread without seeing the episode first, lol.
    I'm not worried about spoilers. I was just saying I haven't commented on it yet because I haven't seen it.

If a few days goes by and still nobody says anything about it, that might mean something.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I probably expect way to much from this show but the way they go about doing things is very clunky and seemingly basic in execution. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but besides the shock stuff the plot is fairly predictable.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a little disappointed Daryl didn't stay longer at Negan's place. A missed opportunity if you ask me.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dude you have lost your shit on spoiler talk... seriously though you have. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a little disappointed Daryl didn't stay longer at Negan's place. A missed opportunity if you ask me.
    Yeah, I agree. I would have liked to see a furthering of Daryl breaking and perhaps turning on Rick and Co, only to come around to the good side before he became truly bad. It seemed weird that Daryl was just there at Hilltop, you know, considering Daryl's guilt over Glenn's death, I was looking forward to him and Maggie meeting again for the first time it happened, and what words would be said.

I thought the episode was the best of the season so far, but that ending with all the nodding was too damn much. I hate when shows feel the need to show EVERYONE'S FACE IN A FUCKING ONE SHOT because it sucks the emotion out and borders on comical. If it's two or three people, okay. Would have worked better if they used less shots and cuts and keeping them in groups. It felt like they tried to recapture what made the montage of them all killing zombies at the end of S6E09 but in a different context, and they failed.

I do like the way they went from following the comics to an almost T all season to throwing a wench into the cogs with Olivia's death, Rosita's assassination attempt, and Eugene being taken away to make bullets for The Saviors. They did plant the seeds for this though with Eugene showing Rosita where the manufacturing facility is and giving Rick the notes on how to make bullets in the S6 finale. I'm kind of sad they killed Olivia, not so much because she has a role in this arc so much as in the future in the comics, but they can easily put someone else in that slot.

I wonder though, with everyone crying foul about racism with The Walking Dead killing off black people, where are the Body Shaming people crying foul about them killing of three big people in a span of 10 episodes (2 in this one)? Not to mention how much of a pussy they make Eugene look like. WALKING DEAD HATES FAT PEOPLE!!! lol

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Dude you have lost your shit on spoiler talk... seriously though you have. Smh

Yes, when "spoiler talk" is in threads not pertinent to the subject at hand, I'm pissed. But in the Walking Dead thread (where it says "TV Spoilers!" in the damn title) it's allowed. Still doesn't mean I feel good about it when I find out someone hasn't seen the episode yet.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

I thought the episode was the best of the season so far, but that ending with all the nodding was too damn much.
    Thank you! I didn't want to mention it because I didn't want people to think I'm too hard on the show to the point where I bring up silly shit like that.

Since you mentioned it though, that really bugged the crap out of me. I really want to re-edit that and splice in all types of funny stuff.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My opinion may not count for much here, but I am really starting to wonder about this show. So much so, that I'm giving it to this season finale to determine whether I continue on with it. First off, Negan (JDM) is turning out to be the MOST annoying character on TV!!! The constant staccato dialogue, body language and lame ass lines are driving me crazy!!! I happen to like, JDM as an actor, but IMHO they are killing his career here. Also, when did the show cease to become about fighting zombies? No longer do we see "Zombie based" scenario's, but simply a GoT for the "Zombie Apocalypse" generation. IMO this show has really derailed itself lately and I hope they can get the train back on the tracks again.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I also sometimes found Negan annoying but last two episodes not so much... and he must be doing something right... he got nominated for a Golden Globe which surprised me. I hope they keep him on the path he is on now. It's better than before!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I also sometimes found Negan annoying but last two episodes not so much... and he must be doing something right... he got nominated for a Golden Globe which surprised me. I hope they keep him on the path he is on now. It's better than before!

Hey, obviously it's just me and I can live with that I suppose. It just seems so waaayyy over the top and he can do much better IMO given his own input. It feels like the show is dictating that approach. IDK, to me it just comes off very canned.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I agree... he is over the top for sure.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I was enthralled with his finale monologue. I must have seen it ten times by now. Amazing. Attention-holding.

But then ... every time he was on screen, I got a little less impressed.

Every. Thing. He. Says. Has. To. Be. Emphasized! Complete with bouncy body movements.

It was cool the first time, even the second time. But then ... it was with everything he said. That, mixed with a big, shit-eating grin.

This characterization, mixed with everyone else's evil-eyed stares for seconds at a time (seriously, did anyone notice all the silent stares this season?) made me frustrated. Like, do editors and directors and shit not watch these episodes when they're done putting them together, before they air?

But ... but but but, the last two episodes were MUCH better with Negan. We'll see what happens, I guess ...

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not defending the season because I think it has been kind of weak but it seems that the point of Negan is that he is an annoying asshole (I have not read the comics so I don't know how he is there.) If that's what they are aiming for then they are nailing it but it doesn't always make for a great watch. Believe it or not but there are people out there that would be just like that if they could get away with it. I guess the stretch here is whether people would allow him to get away with it long enough to build such an empire.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought the episode was the best of the season so far, but that ending with all the nodding was too damn much.
    Thank you! I didn't want to mention it because I didn't want people to think I'm too hard on the show to the point where I bring up silly shit like that.

Since you mentioned it though, that really bugged the crap out of me. I really want to re-edit that and splice in all types of funny stuff.
    See, I don't think the show is perfect, I just don't think most things take away from the show for me, but this did. Even that dinner scene at the end of the premiere I didn't think was that heavy-handed...but this? This was heavy handed. Too many shots cut together. Way too many. Why not just have the two groups (Rick, Carl, Michonne, Rosita) on one side with (Maggie, Sasha, Enid, Daryl) on the other, and have the right people looking at the right people? Hell, they can even look at several people each, but keep it with one shot and just let the moment breathe. I mean, it was inevitable they'd all come together again and it's not as if they were separated by events beyond their control...in fact, everyone was separated BY CHOICE. There wasn't that gravitas of separation we got say in Season 4.5 after the prison went down.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think JDM has been killing it. Every reason you hate Negan is exactly WHY he is so damn good. Hate his body motions? You're supposed to. Hate his smile? You're supposed to. Hate his lame jokes? You're supposed to. You're not supposed to like him. Like a heel in wrestling he is doing every single thing possible to make you dislike him.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin
    Also, when did the show cease to become about fighting zombies? No longer do we see "Zombie based" scenario's, but simply a GoT for the "Zombie Apocalypse" generation. IMO this show has really derailed itself lately and I hope they can get the train back on the tracks again.
    The show was never about fighting zombies. It's was about survival. It stopped being about fighting zombies in Season 3 when The Governor came in and zombies became a total non-threat overnight. It came back in spurts along the way, but conflict with other humans like The Claimers, Terminus, The Hospital People, The Wolves, The Saviors, has dominated the show for most of it's runtime. Even a big conflict in the second half of season 2 was about Randall and a potential conflict with his people.

The show is no longer about merely surviving, but it's going the way of rebuilding civilization in a zombie apocalypse. Negan tells his people they are The Saviors because they are bringing civilization back to the world, which is also what Rick and Co are striving to do. It's a logical progression after years of living in a zombie apocalypse. People would gravitate to each other, form strong groups and communities and eventually come into conflict with other strong groups. Just how our own history without zombies is.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think JDM has been killing it. Every reason you hate Negan is exactly WHY he is so damn good. Hate his body motions? You're supposed to. Hate his smile? You're supposed to. Hate his lame jokes? You're supposed to. You're not supposed to like him. Like a heel in wrestling he is doing every single thing possible to make you dislike him.

Also, when did the show cease to become about fighting zombies? No longer do we see "Zombie based" scenario's, but simply a GoT for the "Zombie Apocalypse" generation. IMO this show has really derailed itself lately and I hope they can get the train back on the tracks again.
    The show was never about fighting zombies. It's was about survival. It stopped being about fighting zombies in Season 3 when The Governor came in and zombies became a total non-threat overnight. It came back in spurts along the way, but conflict with other humans like The Claimers, Terminus, The Hospital People, The Wolves, The Saviors, has dominated the show for most of it's runtime. Even a big conflict in the second half of season 2 was about Randall and a potential conflict with his people.

The show is no longer about merely surviving, but it's going the way of rebuilding civilization in a zombie apocalypse. Negan tells his people they are The Saviors because they are bringing civilization back to the world, which is also what Rick and Co are striving to do. It's a logical progression after years of living in a zombie apocalypse. People would gravitate to each other, form strong groups and communities and eventually come into conflict with other strong groups. Just how our own history without zombies is.
    Thanks for your insights - I agree with it all!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure there are other ways to make JDM/Negan unlikable without it being detrimental to the show. I get what you're saying, but his performance is distractedly bad.

His mannerisms and speech inflection wore out their welcome 5 episodes ago. Anytime he's on screen I think of times when I go out clubbing and someone is out on the dance floor doing the same dance move over and over.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

Thanks for your insights - I agree with it all!
    Me too actually. This is very well said when I sit back and soak it in...

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 151 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 ... LastLast